trunk raddles..help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2001 | 07:40 PM
Burning Brakes

trunk raddles..help!

my trunk raddles when my subs hits. Is there a good way to damping the sound a litle bit? Anyone used dynamat on the trunk? If so did u have to do the whole trunk? where did u place the dynamat??

Also... is there a way to replace the tweeters in the factory location? which brand tweeters firt directly in there if any? how hard is it? any mods needed ??? etc?? Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2001 | 07:42 PM
Banned

Re: trunk raddles..help!

Originally posted by ilike2cheez
my trunk raddles when my subs hits. Is there a good way to damping the sound a litle bit? Anyone used dynamat on the trunk? If so did u have to do the whole trunk? where did u place the dynamat??

Also... is there a way to replace the tweeters in the factory location? which brand tweeters firt directly in there if any? how hard is it? any mods needed ??? etc?? Thanks!!!!!!!!!
place the dynamat where the rattles are.
Old 12-11-2001 | 07:51 PM
Burning Brakes

well its not that easy when i close the trunk it raddles but its hard to tell where. Any common places??? and what about the tweeters?!
Old 12-11-2001 | 08:25 PM
Cruisin'

Re: trunk raddles..help!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ilike2cheez
[B]my trunk raddles when my subs hits. Is there a good way to damping the sound a litle bit? Anyone used dynamat on the trunk? If so did u have to do the whole trunk? where did u place the dynamat??

do the whole trunk
Old 12-11-2001 | 08:26 PM
i like chicken

dynamat the whole trunk. then you can buy some rubberized coating from me to spray over everything that depending on what you are running, you may never get rid of outer rattles until you reinforce your entire interior with mdf.
Old 12-11-2001 | 11:01 PM
Burning Brakes

whats mdf??? Is it the sparay ur talking about??
Old 12-11-2001 | 11:26 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

whats mdf??? Is it the sparay ur talking about??
mdf is a board, similar too but much better than partical board.. strong as shit... many people actually build sub boxes out of it because its composite is so tight and strong... it will give support to anything!!!
Old 12-11-2001 | 11:37 PM
Burning Brakes

thanks for the reply(s). has anyone dynamat their whole trunk? How much of a diff does it make VS. just parts of the trunk?

anyone know anything about the tweeters question?
Old 12-11-2001 | 11:41 PM
Turn Signals are good!

I dont know how you have your subs facing... but I tried putting the box right near the trunk lid, with the subs facing the front of the car... I lost a little low end, but the rattling outside almost stopped.

With the tweeters... you can put almost any dome tweeter in there... most of them are roughly the same size. The tweeter in the dash can be removed easily with a long, flat head screw driver, just pry it up a little, and it will pop right out... then there is a plug, sometimes hidding in the dash a little... find it and un-plug it. The tweeter itself is held in place by a metal bracket screwed to the grille. That bracket can be used to hold a new tweeter, in the same manner the stock one came off, just dont drill into the magnet of the new one, that one screw can be left out. You also might want to try this... put a good pair of 6.5" coaxial speakers in the doors... and leave the stock tweeters... then run both off a 2 channel amp... its sounds really good.
Old 12-11-2001 | 11:47 PM
Burning Brakes

thanks for the reply. One more thing, when i pry the grill up..i cant seem to get it out b/c it hits the windshield. Is there a certain angle to take the assembly out? i pryed it up many times but just cant seem to pull it out. Maybe Ill try harder tommorow or something. I have 2 ways in the doors now and imma buy tweeters for moredistint highs
Old 12-12-2001 | 12:02 AM
Turn Signals are good!

um, im not sure... but I know they come out... they were very easy for me. If you havent already purchased tweeters, try Boston Acoustics... they have a set of add-on tweeters that you can select an "ambient" mode... which is great when you already have tweeters in the door. Is makes the tweeter operate at a reduced frequency range. The effect you get is a much higher and wider sound stage... plus better imaging and definition. I've heard the set-up before, it sounds great!
Old 12-12-2001 | 12:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by SumkidwithaCL
um, im not sure... but I know they come out... they were very easy for me. If you havent already purchased tweeters, try Boston Acoustics... they have a set of add-on tweeters that you can select an "ambient" mode... which is great when you already have tweeters in the door. Is makes the tweeter operate at a reduced frequency range. The effect you get is a much higher and wider sound stage... plus better imaging and definition. I've heard the set-up before, it sounds great!
tell me more about the boston acoustics ur talking about. They fit in the dash where the factory tweets are or are they an "add-on" like u said where i have to place them somewhere in addition to my factory tweets. I really want something to REPLACE my factory tweets. Thanks for ur help
Old 12-12-2001 | 12:38 PM
K-State Wildcat

I have the Boston Pro components in my door and dash tweets. They do sell the tweeters seperately. They are called the Neo4T tweeters. They come with a crossover that goes into the door and a pair of 1 inch tweeters. They sound amazing. Night and Day. I would highly reccomend getting them, but definatly suggest getting an amp to power them. -Late
Old 12-12-2001 | 05:25 PM
Turn Signals are good!

tell me more about the boston acoustics ur talking about. They fit in the dash where the factory tweets are or are they an "add-on" like u said where i have to place them somewhere in addition to my factory tweets. I really want something to REPLACE my factory tweets. Thanks for ur help
I believe they are the neo 3t (not to contradict what Acurate said, origionally I was talking about a different, cheaper model) they are an add on tweeter kit, in the respect that thats all they are, is the 2 tweeters and 2 crossovers. You can add them pretty much anywhere, even replace the dash tweeters with them. But also, like I mentioned before, the stock tweeters sounds great with a different amp running them... give that a shot too before you spend money on new tweeters. I have an older set (2 yrs old) of Boston Pro Series neo 5t tweeters and crossovers that I dont use, if anyone wants them. One tweeter dome is a little rippled, but it does not affect the sound one bit.

Check out Boston Acoustics.
Old 12-13-2001 | 12:42 AM
Burning Brakes

well i have aftermarket deck powering all my speakers inside. its the alpine 7875. pretty powerful. Turn it up halfway and it actually hurts ur ears after a while!!! I was wondering are the tweeters runnning off a seperate output from the radio or is it just feeding off the 6 1/2 door speakers. I have 2 ways in the doors so i cant hear the tweets!! I was thinkin aftermarket tweets would be louder with my deck. what u guys think?
Old 12-13-2001 | 01:40 AM
Turn Signals are good!

The stock tweeters are running off the same channel of the amp that the 6.5's are... theres a single pair of wires from the amp to each side, then it splits behind the dash. Most aftermarket tweeters need an amp to sound decent and to prolong their life... deck power usually isnt enough.
Old 12-13-2001 | 06:26 PM
Burning Brakes

thanks KID for the reply regarding the tweeters.

I install some dynamat today in my trunk ( mostly in my trunk lid. Still raddles!!!! ther is certain places i cant get dynamt in like the outer layer of the trunk. I think that where the raddles are. When i close the trunk i hear it in the lid where the "acura" is.

Does anyone know if DYNASHIELD works? Its a spray made by the same company. Its like 20 bucks a can. Anyone used this before. Im thinking of spraying it in those hard to reach places.