Total Newb to the CL world with some questions....

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 01:55 PM
Pit Stop?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Total Newb to the CL world with some questions....

Hi there, I'm new to this board, and I've just purchased a 1997 Acura 3.0 CL. It was Kevin's (97AcuraCL), and I'm extremely happy with it. But, as any car owner feels, my car can be better.

What I need is basic performance modifications, preferably specific parts / websites that can help. What I am initially looking for is a Cold Air Intake and a full exhaust modification. I don't want to be a lil' fake ricer with a big muffler.

I'm trying to get the best of both worlds with sound quality (something with a deep rich tone), performance gain, and pricing. Any help I could get on this matter would be most appreciated. My car already looks good (rims and drop), runs good (200HP Vtec Motor ), but doesn't quite sound good.

Thanks again for any help, and I'm happy to be a part of this wonderful new family of CL enthusiasts.
Old 05-25-2003, 02:14 PM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Total Newb to the CL world with some questions....

Originally posted by Minch00
What I need is basic performance modifications, preferably specific parts / websites that can help. What I am initially looking for is a Cold Air Intake and a full exhaust modification. I don't want to be a lil' fake ricer with a big muffler.
ok i would first make you first decision, AEM or Injen. lets not start anything about this but i stand by injen all the way

then i would look into exhaust, you can go with a universal exhaust but then you wont get anything out of it,, at least replace the piping to a bigger size from a 2.25 to a 2.5 or 3, i am currently trying to design mine, a custom dual magnaflow exhuast with an x pipe, but not sure on the x pipe yet.

from there, i would then drop and find some nice rims. if you want a lowered stock look go with the eibach prokit. if you wanta lowered look go with coilovers which are stiff or you can go with a eibach sportline or neuspeed sport springs, which would be around 2 inches or so.

Welcome to the Forum man!!!!

remember the 97 CL 3.0 is exactly the same thing as a 97 accord v6, so look for parts for the CL or the accord but you will have better luck with looking for accord parts but there are some that say CL, look at ebay.com for a lot of parts and good prices, try groupbuycenter.com also, and for stock parts look at acuraautomotiveparts.net
Old 05-25-2003, 03:08 PM
cmng 2 a lawschool near u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally, my topspeed air intake is the loudest thing on wheels I have ever heard , but a lot of people around here swear by AEM. Their quality is good, but I dont think that there are too many ways to make a long pipe that sucks in air. Stick a K&N Filter on the end, and everyone basically has the same thing.

Exhaust-universal muffler with 2.5 inor 2.25 inch piping. I like the dual cannister effect, that my brother has on his prelude, so it should sound the same with the h22. It is a tsudo dual cannister muffler and sound awesome.

Good luck with he cl!!!!
Old 05-25-2003, 04:21 PM
10th Gear

Re: Re: Total Newb to the CL world with some questions....

Originally posted by 97Acura3.0CL
or you can go with a eibach sportline oaround 2 inches or so.

quoted at 2.25.....I used the sportline kit, and it was closer to 2.5 once I put my rims on there with the yokohama parada spec 2's.......

in my opinion, the universal muffler idea is stupid, but that's just because I used to go to school with people that had them, and they sounded like shit......MY personal favorite exhausts are Tanabe Racing Medallion and one of the GReddy exhausts, but I can't recall what the name of it is....
Old 05-25-2003, 04:49 PM
cmng 2 a lawschool near u

GREDDY, AND TANABLE make universal mufflers. You can get some nicely made name brand mufflers in a universal fitting.