Taillights

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 09:44 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taillights

Are there any aftermarket taillights available for a 1997 Acura 3.0 cl?
Old 05-07-2004, 11:10 PM
Comrade Stalin

Old 05-08-2004, 02:58 AM
i like orange juice

Originally posted by 97Cl22
Old 05-09-2004, 02:55 AM
Instructor

To answer your question....No. If you want anything done you will have to custom fab. it yourself. I darkened my tail lights with a product called Nightshades. That is the only easy mod for your lights. Hope that helped.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:02 PM
Banned

YALL i have this great idea for the tails. Well you know how their are covers like for skylines well they have circle lights right.. and they have covers for others that'll make them be circles.. well im gonna try this and then report back to yall.. i can fabricate those covers with this metal called flashing for roofs.. its like 16-20 guage aluminum and bends really really easily.. and then after you get it to smooth over your tails you can factory paint them after you cut the holes out in the right section.. i think that owuld look tight if i can get it to come out right... i'll deff take some pics and email me if you want to know more of what im talkin bout or where to get the stuff if you want to try and etc.. Southkhaki19@aol.com later..
Old 05-12-2004, 04:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by clquicktiger
YALL i have this great idea for the tails. Well you know how their are covers like for skylines well they have circle lights right.. and they have covers for others that'll make them be circles.. well im gonna try this and then report back to yall.. i can fabricate those covers with this metal called flashing for roofs.. its like 16-20 guage aluminum and bends really really easily.. and then after you get it to smooth over your tails you can factory paint them after you cut the holes out in the right section.. i think that owuld look tight if i can get it to come out right... i'll deff take some pics and email me if you want to know more of what im talkin bout or where to get the stuff if you want to try and etc.. Southkhaki19@aol.com later..
I'm not sure what u're talkin about....is it gonna be on the inside or the outside of the lamp?
Old 05-13-2004, 05:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
i think hes talking about covering up the taillight with a material that is in the shape of a circle.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:47 PM
Payer of high insurance

are you fucking serious there is no way in hell you could ver do that... where would the reverse and blinkers go
Old 05-16-2004, 12:52 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

I just got a brillant idea. Can you put that over the wood trim pieces to them look like alumn?
Old 05-16-2004, 10:15 AM
Comrade Stalin

Just paint the woodgrain. Much simpler.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:45 PM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally posted by 97Cl22
Just paint the woodgrain. Much simpler.
I though about that but I want real metal or plastic fake metal. I been looking but haven't found a 3m sticker metal trim thing. I painted trim before and it is a pain. It chips and peels if you are not careful and even then, a dumb ass friend might do something to mess them up.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:28 PM
ne0
ariseMedia/RonJon Collabo

Ew, do anything to your tail lights and you are a true ricer...period.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:37 PM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally Posted by ne0
Ew, do anything to your tail lights and you are a true ricer...period.
Lucky we don't have it , but I like the tails that don't have amber on other cars.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:47 PM
ne0
ariseMedia/RonJon Collabo

Nah fusion that's fine...i'm talking about to stupid altezza shits that everyone puts on their 97 accords and shit..
Old 06-02-2004, 09:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Altezzas Fo Lyfe!!!11

edit: wow, i typed that in all caps and it auto corrected me. Cool new feature
Old 06-03-2004, 12:06 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally Posted by KLepTo
Altezzas Fo Lyfe!!!11

edit: wow, i typed that in all caps and it auto corrected me. Cool new feature

LOL SO WE CAN"T BE MAD LIKE THIS DAMN THAT IS SUCKY!! hahaha, yeah i seen some nice altezzas, well i think they kinda altezzas. They mostly carbon fiber instead of the chrome. I guess they kinda not altezzas, I saw them on a black prelude with two smaller circles instead of one. It wasn't really flashy and made the look of the car look different. I hate though the giant one big red circle with chrome all over. Now that is plain out right nasty. The way the CL is, I would never change the tails maybe have white clear bar on the bottom. Have to see what that looks like, but no circles or chrome, ruins the look of the car.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:20 AM
acura-cl.com OG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by clquicktiger
Try it. If your good with body work and paint it could come out clean. Personally, i love our tails and would never modify them, but i like to see others CL's look unique. Whats the worst that could happen, you take them off. Do it