Squeaking sound when break gentlely

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 05:57 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squeaking sound when break gentlely

Hi everyone. I need some help from you guys.

I have a 97 CL 3.0. The car starts to make a squeaking sound from time to time when I apply break gentlely from about 2 years ago. I asked dealer to look at it back then but they can not reproduce it. And the break pads were ok.

But recently I can hear this sound more often. Is there somebody else on this board who has experienced the same kind of problem? I really want to know other people's experience, so I could bring it to a private garage for repair or do some brake work. I don't want go back to the dealer since they rip me off everytime.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-07-2002, 06:03 PM
Bent = #1

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Yea man...that is a safety feature that means you have 10% of your brake pad left...nothing special now...just get ur brakes changed within a month or so...that is if you can take that damn noise...it pissed me off after a couple of days so i had to get my brakes changed right away..

CL'S
Old 07-07-2002, 11:19 PM
7th Gear

Thanks for your reply.

I suspected that first. But the dealership says the pads are ok after the many inspections in the $500 3 years service. Now I am wondering if they did any brake inspection at all. One clue is that they charged me 5 hours' labor but I got the car back after 3 hours. I don't think I will ever go back to them again.

I will have a mechanic check it out.
Old 07-08-2002, 11:29 AM
Advanced

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hornyleprechaun
[B]Yea man...that is a safety feature that means you have 10% of your brake pad left...nothing special now...just get ur brakes changed within a month or so...that is if you can take that damn noise...it pissed me off after a couple of days so i had to get my brakes changed right away..

Its the safety feature warning that the pads are in need of replacement. Don't rush to change them right away, the indicator might only need to be adjusted, I'm having the same problem on my rear breaks, driver's side only. It's sooooo annoying.
Old 07-09-2002, 04:14 AM
Intermediate

yeah i posted bout that noise a couple of months ago..... i took it to acura and they checked the pads and said they were all good so i drove it like i usually would instead of being easy on the brakes.... the next day the noise got worse and wouldn't go away so i brought it to some friends at a shop and they told me that it was just some parts that needed to be replaced. when they took it apart they said that i needed pads so they replaced those too and since then it's been fine. what i wanna know is how acura is gonna charge u 5 hours labor and do nothing to fix the problem.....? u actually paid that? well good luck.