Sqeaks and rattles

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 07:05 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sqeaks and rattles

Hey guys, it's been about 4 or 5 months since I've had my CL so I'm not used to all these noises. But i've put on 17's and lately, I've been noticing a lot of sqeaks and rattles on my car.

When I bought the car, the previous owner was telling me that he had a friend who worked at a Honda dealership and everytime that little indicator in the cluster turned from green to yellow, he would take it to the dealer and they would do something to the car and the noises would go away.

My uncle was also riding my car the other day and he was telling me that theres this noise that comes at lower rpm in the left rear.

SO is there any honda tech guys here or anyone that can tell me what I can probably do myself to reduce or make the noises go away? Is there something I can tighten? ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.
Old 07-31-2003, 07:43 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sqeaks and rattles

Originally posted by CL22
Hey guys, it's been about 4 or 5 months since I've had my CL so I'm not used to all these noises. But i've put on 17's and lately, I've been noticing a lot of sqeaks and rattles on my car.

When I bought the car, the previous owner was telling me that he had a friend who worked at a Honda dealership and everytime that little indicator in the cluster turned from green to yellow, he would take it to the dealer and they would do something to the car and the noises would go away.

My uncle was also riding my car the other day and he was telling me that theres this noise that comes at lower rpm in the left rear.

SO is there any honda tech guys here or anyone that can tell me what I can probably do myself to reduce or make the noises go away? Is there something I can tighten? ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.
Maybe ur cat needs to be tighten. I have a rattle when i go to 2000 rpm. I know it tat, i haven't gotten around to to that. With squeaks you can "lube" you parts. Most places don't do it when u go for a oil change.
Old 07-31-2003, 12:14 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
My gauge cluster was giving off a squeek that I was chasing for a long time. It sounded like it was coming from the coin holder on the left of the dash and also coming from the dash where it meets the windhield but it was the cluster. That's the thing about squeeks - they can sound like they are coming from one place be are really in another. So I took out the gauge cluster and it was the black trim around the gauges rubbing the clear plastic over the gauges - I actually have wadded paper behind the dash light dimmer switch that pushes on the black trim panel just enough to keep it from rattling on whatever it was rattling on. Nothing else I did cured it - this did.

Also the head rest on the passenger seat was rattling inside the seat. I had to take the back cover off the seat and was able to find where it was rattling from and fixed it.

I've had both door panels off and put silicone in all of the spots were peices fit toghter and it eliminated all squeeks from the doors.

Today I heard a new rattle from the dash and it's not the black trim panel - here we go again!

Good luck finding your squeeks - they can drive you nuts!!