Speaker Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 02:45 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaker Upgrades

I dont have much money and am looking into getting Ininity References for the back (6x9) and front (6.5). However, i'm still deciding b/w:

1. getting components or just the normal 6.5
2. 2 way speakers or 3 way speakers (actually, if you could inform me what the differnce is, that would help in my decision)

Please give me some opinions so that i can buy them and install them as soon as possible!

Also, i'll be putting in my deck from my old car and was wondering if there is any way to keep the remote feautures on the steering wheel to function. i've read you can't, but is there a way?
Lastly, do you guys know anywhere cheap to install all this? Cuz this is freakin expensive and i dont even have that much money!

THanks! much help would be appreciated!
Old 10-31-2002, 03:02 PM
Amateur CL Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should install everything yourself. You can get the radio harness at an autoparts store which hooks right up. You might have to splice some wires but they'll be the same color, so no guess work. Your speaker install is even easier. Just pull the old ones out, cut the factory bose plug and then hook the new ones up. When you get your fronts, make sure they aren't too deep for your doors. For the back, its a pain in the ass to get the Bose grills off, so you might want to leave those on. I'd get components definitely. As for 2 or 3 ways, it depends. # ways will get you more seperation between the frequencies(midrange+ high drivers), but I've heard plenty of two ways that sound better than 3 ways. Your personal preference I guess.
Old 11-01-2002, 12:38 AM
acura-cl.com OG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a set of 02 infinity kappa 6x9's and they are 3 ways. They are crisp clear and have nice bass. You don't get much bass from the 6.5's, so don't cheap out on the 6x9's, buy something nice. Also, if you have cash for components, def pick them up too, we have a spot to mount the tweeters anyway. AND LASTLY, DO THE INSTALL YOURSELF! It really isnt hard, we can all help you out i you run ino probs.
Old 11-01-2002, 10:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Yea, I also would recomend you doing the install yourself. I installed my headunit myself when I had not done anything relating to car audio before. Just get the harness, and it will tell you what wire is which. My friend has infinitys in his car, they sound pretty nice. Also, try searching, there are a lot of threads that relate to stero wiring and such. Goodluck