Short Ram intake.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 12:22 PM
'97 2.2 CL Special Editio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G22_Powered_YA1
well I never got a good dyno pass after the header got installed, and I dont feel like it after my magic 1 second 1/4 mi. dissapearing act....... dont ask, please, long story short I installed some pulleys and my 1/4 mile shrunk by about a whole second.... some of my people think the impact that killed the OE crank pulley caused a biger loss and the new one served to pull it back up a bit (step back 2 seconds and get back 1, of sorts).. either way a header will probably net around I wanna say 5-10HP, all assuming it has a good catback to back it all up(no pun intended)... im personally using an el cheapo header off eBay for the Accord... works nicely with no problems... whichever path you go you gotta remember that you HAVE TO pick the kit for the 97 Accord EX, because there is a difference between the EX motor and the DX/LX motors

and im sorry to say that most kids with Civics and Integras arent TYPICALLY that inteligent, they go by trends and all that crap out there.... besides a real Integra driver doesnt settle for a mere GS-R swap they go for the full ITR while theyre at it

lol yea i learned my lesson. anyway i bought my 97 cl 2.2 however i blew my head gaskets so i'm getting a new engine same one cant really swing enough money for a h22 or anything i dont htink i'm ready for all that power yet. however i'm going to be picking up ARM SRI soon and shop around for headers and cat back. my car has an exhoust on it already but i never really got a chance to look at it its been at the shop for about a month. My uncle who's the mechanic is not charging me for the swap so he's doing it on his spare time so i should be getting it next week. anwho, other than catback, intake, headers what mod's do you reccomend??
Old 10-22-2007, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by G22_Powered_YA1
well I never got a good dyno pass after the header got installed, and I dont feel like it after my magic 1 second 1/4 mi. dissapearing act....... dont ask, please, long story short I installed some pulleys and my 1/4 mile shrunk by about a whole second.... some of my people think the impact that killed the OE crank pulley caused a biger loss and the new one served to pull it back up a bit (step back 2 seconds and get back 1, of sorts).. either way a header will probably net around I wanna say 5-10HP, all assuming it has a good catback to back it all up(no pun intended)... im personally using an el cheapo header off eBay for the Accord... works nicely with no problems... whichever path you go you gotta remember that you HAVE TO pick the kit for the 97 Accord EX, because there is a difference between the EX motor and the DX/LX motors

and im sorry to say that most kids with Civics and Integras arent TYPICALLY that inteligent, they go by trends and all that crap out there.... besides a real Integra driver doesnt settle for a mere GS-R swap they go for the full ITR while theyre at it

lol yea i learned my lesson. anyway i bought my 97 cl 2.2 however i blew my head gaskets so i'm getting a new engine same one cant really swing enough money for a h22 or anything i dont think i'm ready for all that power yet. however i'm going to be picking up ARM SRI soon and shop around for headers and cat back. my car has an exhoust on it already but i never really got a chance to look at it its been at the shop for about a month. My uncle who's the mechanic is not charging me for the swap so he's doing it on his spare time so i should be getting it next week. anywho, other than catback, intake, headers what mod's do you reccomend??
Old 10-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can answer that only if I know what sort of car youre trying to build...... tell me what you want out of the car and I can suggest what you need to that end
Old 10-23-2007, 01:55 AM

i soppuse i wanna add as much performance as possible to my 97 cl 2.2 without spending a furutne. for example i dont wanna spend enough to buy another car. As for now intake, headers, cat back exhaust. and maybe possible supercharge probably not thought. I was wondering wats your advice on pulleys, fue injectors anything else that's fairly reasnable price that can improve preformance.

and should i get the CL spider body kit or should i get a wing west type r front lip and just drop it.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:31 AM
Banned

Cold Air Intake - More HP but no "off the start" power.
Short Ram Intake - Better (off the start) HP, but less power than CAI.

Simplified!

PS - My choice has always been short ram.. I'm not going to be hitting high RPMs and dogging my car out in my daily driver. CAI also has the water problem, even with a shield.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CLethiopianRYDER
and should i get the CL spider body kit or should i get a wing west type r front lip and just drop it.
Make it your own bro. Not many people here are big fans of the full kits, but if that's what you want for your car, it's your money so do what you want.

... get the WW lip.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:16 PM

yea i really was thinking about the ww lip. I would get the full kit but i had an integra dropped wiht a kit and i was constantly having to be carful on bumps and ramps and stuff and i'm prolly gonna get the ww lip and drop it a little.

I agree ESKI i'm leaning toward the SRI

Does anyone know of a decent paint shop in so cal??
Old 10-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,098 Likes on 832 Posts
yea i really was thinking about the ww lip. I would get the full kit but i had an integra dropped wiht a kit and i was constantly having to be carful on bumps and ramps and stuff and i'm prolly gonna get the ww lip and drop it a little.

I agree ESKI i'm leaning toward the SRI

Does anyone know of a decent paint shop in so cal??
there is MOB somewhere in the OC.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:31 PM

sorry if i sound stupird but what's MOB? and how are their prices
Old 10-24-2007, 02:17 AM
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

sorry if i sound stupird but what's MOB? and how are their prices
You're in pasadena so i got something for you. baker on walnut is amazing at high quality paint jobs. they even do chameleon paint. i took my old accord to them and paid $1300 for an incredible Dark Blue Metallic paint. that paint job gave my car a HUGE change in appearance. beautiful thing. i'd recommend them...
Old 10-24-2007, 02:57 AM

whats the name of the shop, cuz there's a lot of shops on walnut, specialy form Lake to the honda dealership
Old 10-25-2007, 02:33 AM
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

whats the name of the shop, cuz there's a lot of shops on walnut, specialy form Lake to the honda dealership
http://www.bakerpaintandbody.com/
Old 12-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Runs on Dunkin

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Question

has anybody on here used the aem v2 intake? Is it worth the extra money, or should i just pick up a regular cai for my 2.3 cl? Anything beats the stock pipe with an open filter on the end.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Intermediate

I have an AEM Short Ram for sale. Its basically new had it on my 2.2 for a week and then got T-Boned. Its has the new synthetic filter and all the goodies like the license plate frame and all that. 90 bucks.. Let me know Looks just like this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-A...spagenameZWD1V
Old 12-14-2007, 04:39 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1slo23
has anybody on here used the aem v2 intake? Is it worth the extra money, or should i just pick up a regular cai for my 2.3 cl? Anything beats the stock pipe with an open filter on the end.
on the 2.x you wont notice much from the intake....just get a regular AEM CAI
Old 12-15-2007, 01:03 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
Originally Posted by 1slo23
Not worth it
Old 12-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Runs on Dunkin

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
Not worth it
thanks