seperaate install..

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 02:06 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seperaate install..

for those who know the pian inthe ass of of running new speaker wire through the door for new seperates i've found an easier way...

unplug the bose amp in the rear

mount x-overs in rear

run 1 set of wires from x-overs to tweets

ok this is where it get a little different..

instead of running new wire and fishing it through the doorb tap into the lines going from the old bose amp to the door speaker. i used t-taps and clamps

its kinda weird how the factory set is hooked up. instead of running 2 seperate lines from the amp, they have one line that splits and goes to the woofer and tweet. and instead of x-overs they have tiny cute little resistors on them.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:17 AM
say: zouts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by natesezgoblue
for those who know the pian inthe ass of of running new speaker wire through the door for new seperates i've found an easier way...

unplug the bose amp in the rear

mount x-overs in rear

run 1 set of wires from x-overs to tweets

ok this is where it get a little different..

instead of running new wire and fishing it through the doorb tap into the lines going from the old bose amp to the door speaker. i used t-taps and clamps

its kinda weird how the factory set is hooked up. instead of running 2 seperate lines from the amp, they have one line that splits and goes to the woofer and tweet. and instead of x-overs they have tiny cute little resistors on them.
if you look inside alot of those big speakers with multiple cones used for home stereos, its really just a resistor that does the 'crossover' for the tiny tweeters. it has something to do with impedance matching or max power transfer or harmonic something or other, i dont remember my circuit analysis class...