Running new speaker wire...... RANT!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 08:57 PM
4-8-15-16-23-42

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry Running new speaker wire...... RANT!!

OH MY FUCK##^G GOD THIS WAS THE BIGGEST PAIN IN THE ASS EVER

Getting the shit through the hole in the door and the grommet thingy in between.......I SERIOUSLY THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO RIP THE FUCKING DOOR OFF!! and then I had to do the passenger door!!! Getting the door panel back on- OH MY GOD!!!
Using wire hangers as fishtape trying to get through spaces 1/4 inch wide with wires already there...WTF!!!?!?!?!
And I just got started with the back speakers and have to take tomorrow off to finish and I played hooky today.
I drilled a big ass hole -a couple of holes actually for the crossovers in the glove box. but now i don't know if I want them there.
I broke off a piece of woodgrain.
And I have to re-wire the entire power mirror assembly tomorrow that i fucked up with the door panel.

I thought I'd get everything done today. LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

Still have driver speaker rear + bith rear grills to modify and headunit.

I'm spent. This better be worth it.

end rant
Old 05-23-2006, 09:02 PM
where is....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i did my rear deck speakers, it wasnt hard at all
Old 05-24-2006, 08:27 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
I feel your pain, it's a huge pain in the ass. And I HATE putting the door panels back on It should be worth it. I have to go back and rerun the speaker wires, you're making me really want to do it It'll be worth it though, what kind of speakers/amps you puttin in?
Old 05-24-2006, 10:16 AM
4-8-15-16-23-42

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
I feel your pain, it's a huge pain in the ass. And I HATE putting the door panels back on It should be worth it. I have to go back and rerun the speaker wires, you're making me really want to do it It'll be worth it though, what kind of speakers/amps you puttin in?
I don't even want to get started on the door panels.
I ran wire for an amp, but don't have one yet. I have an old alpine, but I'm not wasting time on it until I can get a new one.
I got a new Pioneer HU and Boston Accoustic components 6.5 and 6X9s.
I can't belive how shitty the stock wiring is. I looks like it could just snap it's so thin.

I still have to wire the last rear speaker and crossovers and then the HU and then clean up which looks like it may take days

But it's been fun. My hands are cut, bloody, and bruised. Knees feel like I'm 75 years old. And I banged my head only three times. Rock on

( :
Old 05-24-2006, 10:22 AM
1999 CL3.0

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
listen buddy.

this is a tedious job to do by yourself.

i did the same thing in my toyota.

this can take up to 2 weeks if you have a busy schedule like me.

in the end it is worth it, so take your time and dont break anything.

got pix of your car, havent seen you around in a WHILE
Old 05-24-2006, 10:38 AM
Bent = #1

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
jesus.. thanks for scaring me! I am planning on installing my amp, carputer, 6.5" components up front and 6X9's in the rear TODAY! Hopefully all goes well and i'll have some pics up tonight of the carputer

EDIT: I'm assuming you had to use spacers for the components (possibly the 6x9s).. what did you use to space them out? i know Klepto used plexiglass but i can't find anything that thick (1" inch) Thanks!
Old 05-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by hornyleprechaun
jesus.. thanks for scaring me! I am planning on installing my amp, carputer, 6.5" components up front and 6X9's in the rear TODAY! Hopefully all goes well and i'll have some pics up tonight of the carputer

EDIT: I'm assuming you had to use spacers for the components (possibly the 6x9s).. what did you use to space them out? i know Klepto used plexiglass but i can't find anything that thick (1" inch) Thanks!
I used a 3/4" MDF shelf from Home Depot, because it was the only MDF that they had

I used a jigsaw, and then a dremel to fit them to the spaces in the rear deck. here's a link to my thread.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...audio+overhaul

SWClown, those wires are terrible, I too felt like i'd just snap them in half, that's why I'm running new wires
Old 05-24-2006, 12:43 PM
4-8-15-16-23-42

Originally Posted by hornyleprechaun

Both sets fit with spacers that came with the Bostons. They sent so much extra crap, but I'm glad now.

Don't be scared. Just expect it to take a while. Take breaks in between stuff and DON'T rush!! Make sure you have everything you need before as well Good Luck

All I have left is the HU I'll post some pics later
Old 05-25-2006, 09:42 AM
ur as welcome as cancer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry boys, hate to be too much of a girl on ya, but just pay someone to do it for you. If you go to the right people, you can help them do it, but overall, let it be their headache
Old 05-25-2006, 10:03 AM
4-8-15-16-23-42

Originally Posted by arstraub
Sorry boys, hate to be too much of a girl on ya, but just pay someone to do it for you. If you go to the right people, you can help them do it, but overall, let it be their headache
No way. I do everything I can on my car until I break it and then I take it to someone. I'm too hands on and have a degree in electronics engineering and couldn't live down the fact that I let someone else install my system.

( :
Old 05-25-2006, 10:08 AM
ur as welcome as cancer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just like to help. Most of the time, my friends and I will do it, but if it's something that I know is going to be too much for us to handle, I realize I don't need the stress & let someone else deal with it.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:47 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by swclown
No way. I do everything I can on my car until I break it and then I take it to someone. I'm too hands on and have a degree in electronics engineering and couldn't live down the fact that I let someone else install my system.

( :
I do ALL my own electrical and audio work msyelf, never paid anyone to install anything that was audio or electrical. Just mechanical stuff that i don't have the tools for. I def have to install my audio systems, plus all my friends, when they ask
Old 05-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Bent = #1

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
so i'm stuck haha.. how the hell do you get the wires into the actual door piece? i can't get that plastic connector off?