AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G CL (1997-1999) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-cl-1997-1999-56/)
-   -   Remote Keyless entry not working! (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-cl-1997-1999-56/remote-keyless-entry-not-working-472384/)

MCBfly 08-30-2005 12:25 AM

Remote Keyless entry not working!

:annoyed:
The LED light on my remote is staying on, I put in a new battery into the remote, the buttons are useless. I've already tried programming using the directions I found here: ignition to II position, press lock or unlock, switch off ignition, turn ignition back on II, press lock or unlock...etc. I tried twice. It still doesn't work and the LED on my remote will not turn off. I removed the battery.

Do I keep trying? Is my remote hopelessly ruined? And to add insult to injury I lost an ebay auction for a matching remote today. :annoyed:

NitiNiteZ 08-30-2005 02:44 AM

That is what exactly happened to mine... i just bought a new one from ebay then programed that one... and it was fine. So i guess ur lookin at a lost cause.

kamdawg 08-30-2005 05:43 AM

yep. just get a new remote. i got a new remote because my old one was faded and all messed up. i tried the ignition to II position, press lock or unlock, switch off ignition, turn ignition back on II, press lock or unlock...etc and it worked perfectly. so best bet to try and get a new remote and try it

97BlackAckCL 08-30-2005 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by NitiNiteZ
That is what exactly happened to mine... i just bought a new one from ebay then programed that one... and it was fine. So i guess ur lookin at a lost cause.

:werd: They're all over www.motors.ebay.com :thumbsup:

MCBfly 08-30-2005 03:14 PM

Thanks guys. I'm watching two remotes on ebay at the moment, same FCC number. I lost the last auction which really pissed me off. Wish me luck!

97BlackAckCL 08-30-2005 03:16 PM

g'luck :thumbsup:

SanJoseRoller 08-30-2005 03:17 PM

try taking it apart and brushing things off and cleaning out where the button contacts. I had the same exact problem i took it apart put it back togther now its perfect :thumbsup:

Vinnie 08-30-2005 05:41 PM

Wait, so how exactly do I go about buying one off ebay. Do you need a certain code to program it or do I have to call Acura for that? Can I program it myself? My vehicle came with a generic one that only locks and unlocks the doors. Please help.

MCBfly 08-31-2005 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Vinnie
Wait, so how exactly do I go about buying one off ebay. Do you need a certain code to program it or do I have to call Acura for that? Can I program it myself? My vehicle came with a generic one that only locks and unlocks the doors. Please help.

There is an FCC number on the back of your remote. As long as an the new controller has the same FCC number it can be programmed to work with your car. BUT I think you'll only be able to get the same remote that came with the car in the first place.