Question on my 97 2.2CL, please help, thanks

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 11:06 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on my 97 2.2CL, please help, thanks

i visited a licensed mechanic today because i recently got interested in cars and i have been trying to figure out a lot of the mods for my car, as well as other technical terms etc. the mechanic guy told me something about a fan in the (intake?) and how it adds to your HP. i don't exactly know if this is true but i asked my friends and they said it's not that good (it's called tornado btw). also, i heard that if i get clear corners, i have to get amber bulbs? i was planning on getting hyperwhite bulbs and adding reflectors on the sides... another question is that he said that i can't mod my CL to be too fast because my front wheel drive can't handle it if I add too much torque/HP. He said my front wheel axle is as thin as 3 pinkie fingers put together. At first, I was planning on moding and getting all the parts, but after I heard about this, I got a little nervous because I don't wanna be driving 90mph and all of a sudden my axle snaps. That shit would suck ass. If you could, please help me by answering my questions cuz i know you guys are crazyass CL dudes who know the car like the back of your hand, thanks.

P.S. If you could list some good mods for a 2.2CL, that would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty sure imma get the greddy catback exhaust and aem cai. i wanted to get eibach 1.7" springs but I heard i gotta get new struts and a camber kit otherwise my tires will wear like bitches and my shocks will eventually blow. any ideas? and one last thing, are tokico blue shocks worth it? THANKS A LOT GUYS! CL'S ROCK!
Old 08-03-2004, 11:11 AM
roomate has a CL too

read the thread...

you can keep your stock lights most cops don't even notice... as for the side euro reflectors? why do you want them ... it isnt a VW.

tornado... eh.... just get a AEM Cai or V2 that is intake...

get some accord 94-97 stainless steel header.

custom exhaust.

UR pullies.

v-afc II vtec controller.

tein SS suspension.

and ur good.

where do you live? i live a mile south of staples... are you mexican?
Old 08-03-2004, 12:24 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey if you are going to put in a header, exhaust, cat converter, and intake you have to get a fuel rail and bigger fuel injectors!.....u have to keep the fuel and gas ratio almost abot the same to really get some where........get the agx shocks.....ive heard its better than tokico.....
Old 08-03-2004, 01:12 PM
roomate has a CL too

Originally Posted by krazy99cl
hey if you are going to put in a header, exhaust, cat converter, and intake you have to get a fuel rail and bigger fuel injectors!.....u have to keep the fuel and gas ratio almost abot the same to really get some where........get the agx shocks.....ive heard its better than tokico.....

is he really??? no you're not going to have to get a fuel rail and bigger injectors... if I had a turbo I would...
Old 08-03-2004, 01:22 PM
Safety Car

u will never get enough power out of the 2.2 to snap a drive shaft. for that ur talkin like 500+ hp. neways, dont get that tornado crap... u could get a coldair intake and get as much or more power gain out if it. is ur car an auto or stick? if its an auto i would highly sugest a tranny cooler weather or not ur gonna race it. our trannys suck dick. if u want serious power cheaper i would definatly get a header, exhaust, intake and prolly like a 50 shot of cold car crack. the noob thread explains alot.

oh yea that mechanic sounds like a dumb ass. good luck haas
Old 08-03-2004, 02:02 PM
roomate has a CL too

Originally Posted by wilp99
oh yea that mechanic sounds like a dumb ass. good luck haas

Old 08-03-2004, 03:40 PM
Instructor

your axle wont snap drivign at 90 mph,,,,it could snap from repeatative hard launches. an axle for ur car is cheap anyway....tornado will not help ur car in anyway....if anythign ti will disturb airflow so dont buy that crap....its gonna be tough to make the f22 that fast ur best bet is to put the h22 in it.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:47 PM
roomate has a CL too

Originally Posted by primetime21
your axle wont snap drivign at 90 mph,,,,it could snap from repeatative hard launches. an axle for ur car is cheap anyway....tornado will not help ur car in anyway....if anythign ti will disturb airflow so dont buy that crap....its gonna be tough to make the f22 that fast ur best bet is to put the h22 in it.
turbo the f22 is a good option too... maybe better than and h22 for money's sake.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Banned

thanks for the help guys.

justchillin - i dont really want the euro reflectors, just that i heard that if u get clear corners, u gotta have reflectors cuz once u take out the stock lens, u dont have any reflectors nemore. also, my stocks lights are yellowish, i kinda want the hyperwhite ones cuz that shit looks pretty dope. i plan on getting aem cai and the greddy exhaust; what is another good type of header other than the 94-97 accords? what are pullies and controller? sorry for all the questions but you guys seem to know a lot. also, i dont noe wut f22 and h22 are, im guessing engines?

PS: i'm azn, not mexican
Old 08-03-2004, 06:01 PM
roomate has a CL too

Originally Posted by Veritas
thanks for the help guys.

justchillin - i dont really want the euro reflectors, just that i heard that if u get clear corners, u gotta have reflectors cuz once u take out the stock lens, u dont have any reflectors nemore. also, my stocks lights are yellowish, i kinda want the hyperwhite ones cuz that shit looks pretty dope. i plan on getting aem cai and the greddy exhaust; what is another good type of header other than the 94-97 accords? what are pullies and controller? sorry for all the questions but you guys seem to know a lot. also, i dont noe wut f22 and h22 are, im guessing engines?

PS: i'm azn, not mexican
oh well let me know where u at and when you got your stuff I'll help you install it all...

the f22 is the engine in your car... the engine code... the h22 is the prelude engine...

f22 is also the engine they use inthe 94-97 accord... so you need to get the aftermarket header made for that year accord... so companies that make a header for your engine are DC, OBX, and im not sure... a few others do... and no you do not need side reflectors... you can use the hyper whites if you want. it will be fine.

pullies... lighted pullies have less parasidic power loss... so upgrading pulleys (alternator, mostly and then power steering) will give you more horse power to the wheels. the vtec controller you can set where the vtec engages. vtec=good.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:26 PM
Banned

alite, thanks for the help, if i have any questions, maybe i'll PM or just make post here or something, thanks again