Prolong / other additives....

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 11:09 AM
My bolonga has a 1st name

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Prolong / other additives....

Hey guys this was part of another thread about taking the silencer out but i figured it'd get more attntion in a new post.

What about these additives that are supposed to clean out your systems and restore parts and stuff? An example is the whole 'Prolong' series of stuff. What do you guys recommend? Does it really work? Is it worht the cash? Would you recomend another prodcut other than prolong that promises the same things? Just would like to know.... thanx guys.
Old 01-17-2002, 11:21 AM
AWD Torque Monster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i can say that the fuel treatments work. the pronlong i have used. i also used th eprolong tranny treatment on my autot and it drove nicer. the oil additive from prolong dint really do too much, but maybe there isnt anything to do. i change my oil regularly and always used an additive so it might be more of a preventative measeure if u knwo what i mean.
Old 01-17-2002, 09:17 PM
My bolonga has a 1st name

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no other oppinions?
Old 01-18-2002, 01:00 AM
Apple tech needing a h22a

what additives do

ok well when your oil heats up or well when it touches a hot surface it moves away from it and additves change the oil's characteristices to attract to hot surfaces on that not it is good but can be argued that oil the sticks to a hot surfase can cause a loss in high end power but i dont htnk it would be notice able
BTW i have heard good things about prolong and i used to work in a machine shop but i mainly built big block chevys and fords and dodges and tractor motors also i have a 615 hors big ford for sale on a crate if anyone is interested it has only been built and in a crate i know it has about 615 +\- 10 hp because i built to identicles and the other dynoed at that amount ant is in a 10.5 64 falcon spint
sorry for the lenght
Old 01-18-2002, 01:28 AM
Ham Sandwich

i had a nasty stuttering problem when i first bought my car.. dealer i bought it from replaced the whole ignition.. which was cool.. and it still happaned.. so they slapped some fuel injector cleaner through it.. and it fixed it.. i guess it was crud built up in sum crevis.. btw if you use fuel additives tho.. DO NOT use nitrous with it.. ka-bloom