Problem after installing clear bumper lenses

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 08:27 AM
i want a bimmer =(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem after installing clear bumper lenses

Okay, I finally got some clear bumper lenses...installed them yesterday afternoon, it was alot easier than i was expecting so i was happy about that. Well it turns out i was driving last night and my friend tells me that when my lights are on, the only part of the bumper lenses that work are the corner parking lights. When we got back to her condo at like 11:30pm and pulled them out in the parking lot...checked the connections, they seemed fine, but still only the parking lights came on and the blinkers worked fine.

Now it is sad that i honestly dont remember if the entire thing would light up before i switched the lenses out, but i'm pretty sure it did, like the integra bumper lenses do.
Did anyone else have this problem?
I am worried that when i unlatched the main bulb from that black socket i may have done something to the wiring...but if i did why would the blinkers still work correctly?

damn annoyances...

any thoughts/advice will be appreciated
Old 08-17-2003, 08:37 AM
Work safe avatar bish :D

the bumper lights have to compartments or bulbs. one in the front and one in the side. the front ones are the ones that blink and the side ones turn on when your lights are on. the front bulb is always off unless you put your turning signal on. there are some people that have wired them light foglights so that they would be on at the same time that the headlight are on. so your install sound ok. congrats on the clears, they are an absolut most for cls
Old 08-17-2003, 08:39 AM
G.O.A.T

Originally posted by nandowong
the bumper lights have to compartments or bulbs. one in the front and one in the side. the front ones are the ones that blink and the side ones turn on when your lights are on. the front bulb is always off unless you put your turning signal on. there are some people that have wired them light foglights so that they would be on at the same time that the headlight are on. so your install sound ok. congrats on the clears, they are an absolut most for cls
What he said!
Old 08-17-2003, 09:20 AM
OrIgiNal GanGstA

yeah i rewired mine to have the front light up and it looks like an integra only the side is suppose to light up
Old 08-17-2003, 10:00 AM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
katie it sounds like the car is fine, like they are saying the sides are the only ones that light up when turned on the main part blinks when you turn on your blinkers

but
Old 08-17-2003, 10:00 AM
i want a bimmer =(

alright..thanks. I guess that was the answer i wanted to hear...i was hoping they lighted up competely...oh well, good to know i didnt do anything wrong.

i love the way it looks w/ clears...like the front is finally complete, i hated the stock ones...orange and red just dont look good together. I also switched out my 99 grille w/ a friend that has a 97 grille and that shit looks awesome!!!! All the bling bling chrome...haha...the car looks so hot now.