Possible body kit in the works.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2002, 04:11 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
count me in if I can see some pics first. Its about time someone makes a kit for a cl.
Old 07-05-2002, 09:44 PM
Acurazine OG.

UPDATE

Alright, here is what I have learned... They said they will do the complete kit, Front, rear, side skirts & Fenders (X-1) for $899. This is a little higher than I had thought but, he said "you get what you pay for..." and a 600 kit isnt going to hold up. I have personally seen their product & it is of very high quality. As far as pics of it on the CL... the only was I know is if someone can Photoshop it... I know there are some people that are very good at photoshop anyone wanna try ???? Let me know if anyone has any input.. peace... Chris.
Old 07-05-2002, 10:10 PM
Ryde or Die

Re: UPDATE

Originally posted by ChrisKelly5
Alright, here is what I have learned... They said they will do the complete kit, Front, rear, side skirts & Fenders (X-1) for $899. This is a little higher than I had thought but, he said "you get what you pay for..." and a 600 kit isnt going to hold up. I have personally seen their product & it is of very high quality. As far as pics of it on the CL... the only was I know is if someone can Photoshop it... I know there are some people that are very good at photoshop anyone wanna try ???? Let me know if anyone has any input.. peace... Chris.
Hey Chriss i am know photoshop pretty good and i am willing to try it just so everyone can see the pics but i am not sure what exactly you want me to do so just let me know and i will be happy to help
Old 07-05-2002, 10:59 PM
Acurazine OG.

Re: Re: UPDATE

Originally posted by HETPE3B

Hey Chriss i am know photoshop pretty good and i am willing to try it just so everyone can see the pics but i am not sure what exactly you want me to do so just let me know and i will be happy to help
I need the BuddyClub2 kit, from the www.henshinauto.com website chopped onto a first gen CL ... any color.... anything would be great! Thanks...
Old 07-06-2002, 03:40 AM
Instructor

i just got the wingswest lip, but if it is near the end of summer, most likely i will be willing to get in on this. i've been looking for a body kit for the longest time and molding isn't something i would like to do. as soon as you get everything straightened out, i'm pretty much a definite. how much for the kit and all without the fenders? or do you have to get them with the deal. my friends fenders got broken after being hit with a basketball, not even that hard.
Old 07-06-2002, 09:21 AM
My bolonga has a 1st name

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by SpAzZy
i just got the wingswest lip, but if it is near the end of summer, most likely i will be willing to get in on this. i've been looking for a body kit for the longest time and molding isn't something i would like to do. as soon as you get everything straightened out, i'm pretty much a definite. how much for the kit and all without the fenders? or do you have to get them with the deal. my friends fenders got broken after being hit with a basketball, not even that hard.
full body kit and fenders!?? for 899??? I'd defnitly be in. since we're all buying at teh same time; is there any chance of a group buy kinda deal??????? before i send any cash i do wanna see it on a car though. seriously; i mean maybe you can have it done on your car first; and after i see it; like immediately after i see it and like it i'd be in. but if you're counting heads for who's seriously interested; and willing to do 899. I'm IN!!! consider 400 bucks for the rear lip that ross was offering; add 500 get skirts and a new front bumper; PLUS fenders??? sounds like a dmn good deal ot me. i've still gotta see it though.

ps. I'm also good in photoshop but damn a whole new body kit on a car that takes reall skill; i'll definitly try.
Old 07-06-2002, 02:53 PM
5th Gear

1st Gen CL Body Kit

Chris, you can count me in the "definite group" for the body kit, my only dilemma is the time frame. I was invovled in a car accident on 7/5/02 and was rear ended and pushed into the car in front of me. Thus, I need a new front bumper, fenders, and rear bumper. So getting a bodykit would be great instead of having to replace the damage with stock body parts. I am just concerned with the timeframe, since my insurance company wants quotes soon. If we can get this rolling within a couple of weeks I would be stoked, as I am sure everybody else would be who has been looking for a bodykit for the 1st Gen Cl's. Let me know if there is anything I can do, as I am totally motivated to get this thing started. Thanks!!!!
Old 07-06-2002, 04:03 PM
Pimpin with style

Chris, you know Im there, but Im not all about the fenders, I like them, just not on my CL, anyways, keep me up to date, and I still want to ride out there with you, late
Old 07-09-2002, 08:27 AM

ChrisKelly5; wahts up man??? Post is dead; I'm tryin to save up soem cash in the hopes that this goes through; if it doesn't go through I'd rather get soem other stuff. But I'd love to wait for the kit. keep us informed pleaaaaaase.
Old 07-09-2002, 04:00 PM

^bump^

maybe chris needs a little encouragement here for him to reply; guys tell him how much we want this kit!! :-)
Old 07-09-2002, 07:29 PM
Acurazine OG.

Originally posted by 97AcuraCL
^bump^

maybe chris needs a little encouragement here for him to reply; guys tell him how much we want this kit!! :-)
Hey... this thread isnt dead... I just need 10 people, I dont know how to show a pic of the kit on the car, cause it isnt made yet... He isnt going to just make one for my car, then take orders, he needs 10 to make the kit.... I am trying to get someone to photoshop the kit on to a CL ..... let me know! $899 for the whole kit.... 10 people....
Old 07-09-2002, 09:03 PM
No Too Fast, No Too Slow.

it's not that good but....
Old 07-09-2002, 10:57 PM
Racer

looks good...
im interested...
how long till u think we can have kits in our hands by?
Old 07-09-2002, 11:00 PM
Acurazine OG.

Originally posted by clxtreme
it's not that good but....
Hey thats a pretty good job on the front.... I have tried many times & cant get it to look half that good! I know that someone has to be really good with PS...
Old 07-10-2002, 07:58 AM

:wackit: if it looks like that; gimmie a date and I'm in. I'd really like to see the back and what it'd look like with the fenders. Isn't there ANYWAY you can get teh company to get you a sketch? I mean dont they normally sketch it before they make it anyway? Just tell themt ahts wahts you need to sell 10 kits. I'm scared to; but i guess you can count me in....
I just need to get an estimated time of completion.

Interested Tally as of now: 4

97AcuraCL
acuradan69
ChrisKelly5
1997CL

Not sure but i think they're in:
30CLstyle
jchavez

Come on guys!!! We need you in the definite; and we need 4 more!! we gotta do this; I need a kit!

When I get home this weekend; I will try my hardest to photoshop the kit on; but I dont have photoshop at work I've gotta wait till this weekend. What I'm most worried about is the fenders and the rear lip; the front should be cake as well as the sides.

ChrisKelly5; Questions:
1. Can you get them to make a sketch of some sort that you can use to sell the kit on this board.
2. Can you somehow get an estimate of completion time; once we have aquired 10 people interested???
Old 07-10-2002, 08:23 AM

I set up another post. That will be used to cast a vote of YES I'M IN. There should be no questoins or comments in that post. Just an answer. I linked everyone to this post for questions. If you are in; please go to here and say 'YES I'M IN' If you've got questions or concerns and aren't sure if you're in; post here first find the answer and when you're sure; jump to that thread and put ur name down. That way there IS NO confusion as to who is or is not in. So when it gets down to crunch time and time to pay; no one can back out and say oh; i didn't like this or that. Well that photoshop is all he's got so lets go with it.

ChrisKelly5 I hope i'm not stealing your spotlight ehre; I know this is your project you've worked hard to get the oppertunity brought to us; I know you didn't ask for the help but I'm just trying to organize this a bit so that you can seriously get things moving. If ya need me to butt out for u to handle business; be my guest. I just figured it'd be easiest this way to get everything together.

Thanx for the oppertunity man! CLXtreme; thanx for the awesome photoshop I hope when its actually complete its really not an inch off the ground in the front like that with the back lookin 4x4 We've got al ong way to go; with sketches and stuff cuz i'm sure no one wants to buy anything until they see at least a sketch. But i'm also sure that if you give 10 people then they'd be happy to at least draw us something for us to be down for sure. That other post is just people that are SERIOUSLY interested.
Guys sorry If i'm actin a lil crazy a lil too hasty; i just really dont wanan see another body kit oppertunity get passed up. especially since if it looks like what CLXtreme made up there; I THINK ITS HOTT. lets hope all works out well!! Just gotta sit back and see how it all plays out :-)
Old 07-10-2002, 03:55 PM

Damn it don't u bishes want a kit?! This is our only chance to get a full; REAL kit for a decent price; not an obscene amount for one peice. This is the real deal here stop passing this oppertunity up! If you can't afford to get it painted and put on; buy it and keep it till you are able to; beacuse if ya dont u'll never get this oppertunity!!! I'm tired of these being passed up!

Mod: can ya make this a sticky for a few days so i dont have to keep bumping it???

thanx.
Old 07-10-2002, 06:10 PM
Intermediate

signal light

on that buddy club front , where would our clear corner goes?? I don't want to get pull over for that now.... But I am definitely in on this one.. Please don't let this pass by again...
Old 07-10-2002, 09:10 PM
Acurazine OG.

Re: signal light

Originally posted by VtecVsix
on that buddy club front , where would our clear corner goes?? I don't want to get pull over for that now.... But I am definitely in on this one.. Please don't let this pass by again...
I dont know about the corner lights... I will have to ask. Sorry I cannot always respond right away, but, I am working 10 hours a day & can only get on the net when I get home at night ....
Old 07-11-2002, 08:12 AM

I was thinking about that yesterday as well about the lights. I'm sure we'll figure something out. But i WILL have turn signals I'll figure it out some how we will have em' though. The henshi auto place should be able to mfigure out how to make that bumper go over the lights we have already; or at least figure out a place for us to buy like an accord one (like Veilside's CL) or soemthing to fit in the big scoop on the ends (like Veilside's CL); that you cannot see because its covered in mesh; and can only be seen when the turn signals are on.

ChrisKelly5~ we've got 8 bro! 2 more to go!!!! Get on the horn with your boys at henshi! KITS ARE COMIN TO THE CL BABY!!!!

moforose3.0~ i DIDN'T wanna post ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, CONCERNS, OR ANSWERS in that other post. So i hope you check out this post for your answer. What I meant by one thats 'pretty much made to fit' is that by my understanding of the project; they're just gonna take kits from the Civic; and make em' fit the CL. They're not gonna be making a mold just for the CL. Thats what i had originally thought. but after speaking to chriskelly on the topic; evidently they ARE making a mold just for our cars. So Thats pretty kewl even better than I thought.

Also wanted to ask your oppinions on something; I'm not a big fan of the fenders that they are going to include in the package. I like the kit but i just dont think our cars have the right look for those fenders. Now I'm not sure if theyre gonna drop the price a bit or what. But if they ask us if we want fenders and are willing to pay for em' my vote is going to be no. If you dont know what fenders I'm talking about... please check out... www.henshinauto.com and click on Buddy Club 2.

Final thoughts; guys we need 2 more people Come on just 2!!! We need you. Come on if you can't afford to get it painted and installed. Realize that this is a one time oppertunity. If we dont get at least 2 more people; they wont even attempt to amke the kit therefore no mold; therefore no one gets one ever. If you can't afford to paint and install the kit; buy it now and wait till u can afford to paint and install. but we need you guys; coem on; 2 more!!

Thanx again to all ya guys who are in and Chris for presenting the oppertunity.
Old 07-11-2002, 08:16 AM

ONCE AGAIN IF YOU ARE DOWN FOR THE KIT; IF YOU WANT IT; GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK AND JUST SAY THAT YOU ARE IN. NO QUESTIONS COMMENTS OR CONCERNS ARE TO BE POSTED THERE; ALL OF THAT STUFF GOES IN THIS POST.

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...857#post836857
Old 07-11-2002, 08:19 AM

Originally posted by Woodsdaddy
Are they only going to do one run of 10 or is this going to be a regular kit that they will sell from now on?
To my understanding; there will be a kit from now on. But there will be NOTHING if we dont get at least 10 people to start with. So dont think you can just wait till later. Beacuse if we dont get 10 to start; they wont make a mold; they wont make a kit. and we're ALL FUCked

if yo'ure in; go here:
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...857#post836857
Old 07-11-2002, 12:47 PM

Damn it we're 2 away; no way i'm gonna let this shit go. Come on guys!!!!!!!!! Some of u rich dudes that already are in; buy 2 or something and sell one back at your leisure! lol I'm too broke to barely afford ONE or i would do it myself.

COME ON OUTTA THE 1000+ MEMEBERS ON THE FIRST GEN FORUM SOMEONE THERES GOTTA BE AT LEAST 2 MORE PEOPLE THAT WANT THIS KIT!!!!
Old 07-11-2002, 04:23 PM
Instructor

i'm almost definitly in, the only problem i have is having the payment on time. when do we need to have the money upfront??? that and it's gonna be a fiberglass kit right? if we pay in like a month or two, then i can make the $900. and does the $900 include the shipping costs? and are the parts guaranteed to fit without extensive work because the guy i go to gets pissed off whenever my friends bring him parts that are made shitty and charges a lot more for a paint and install.
Old 07-11-2002, 06:41 PM
Acurazine OG.

talked to them today.... good news... we DO NOT have to get fenders... he is gonna let me know a price without fenders... also, they are moving into a bigger place (they have gotten really BIG really fast) so they said it will be a lot easier to make the kit for us. As far as someone wondering if it is gonna fit... YES - this is being made for OUR car, not an accord or something so there SHOULD be no mods needed. About the clear corners... we are gonna lose them! He said that they will have to be replaced with something else, he is gonna look into it.... I have to call him back tomorrow, I just emailed him the picture of the PS of a CL with the BC kit ... he is gonna give me some more info tomorrow.... stay tuned... peace, chris.
Old 07-11-2002, 07:18 PM
aLL* sTaR

Damn! that's good news, I hope it happens. I'm tired of people overlooking our cars. Good job ChrisKelly5!
Old 07-12-2002, 12:52 AM
vvvvvvvrrrrrrrooooommmmm!

Originally posted by VeilSideCL
Damn! that's good news, I hope it happens. I'm tired of people overlooking our cars. Good job ChrisKelly5!
yeah, it was kinda sad how ross backed out of the whole bumper scene, i really wanted one, but didn't have the cash to join. eh, hopefully this will go through. I'd think about it getting one if I saw it in person, but until then laterz
Old 07-12-2002, 08:09 AM

Well at least this is getting somewhere. I'm sure that once we get a price without fenders (should be cheaper) and more pics of it; there should be loads of people to jump on the bandwagon; i'm jus happy that the guy is kewl with working with just 8 FOR SURE for now. Good work guys; I hope this shit comes through. Chirs if it does; i owe ya a big one :-)
Old 07-14-2002, 08:30 PM
Acurazine OG.

Sup people.... found out some more news... kinda bad... but, it doesnt really matter to me... The $899 is for the kit WITHOUT the fenders... I had originally thought that he said "with" fenders, but I talked to them this weekend & he said '$899 for the kit, $300 for the fenders..." So, I told him that most people would not want fenders anyway... Other than that, it is still a waiting game, after they get into their new shop & catch up on orders... they are a "go" for us! And sorry for the mixup about the price w/ fenders. I am simply repeating what is being said to me... hopefully I didnt piss anyone off... Stay tuned...
Old 07-14-2002, 10:03 PM
05 STi White/Gold

hey chriskelly... is this a one time thing or will they do it again. i'm very interested, but i'm going overseas next week... won't be back til fall. just curious. thanks!
Old 07-15-2002, 07:56 AM

Originally posted by jamolie
hey chriskelly... is this a one time thing or will they do it again. i'm very interested, but i'm going overseas next week... won't be back til fall. just curious. thanks!
Well therez a problem; reason being they will do it again after the first 10 becasue they will have made the mold. If we dont get at least 10 they are NOT going to make the mold for the kit and no oen gets nothing. So we still need 2; although it seems through ChrisKelly that things are rollin along with 8. :-) hope that answers :-)
Old 07-16-2002, 02:40 AM
Advanced

sounds good

i'm in too, but it would be great if i could see it first. Thanks Chris!
Old 07-16-2002, 08:17 AM

So as it stands now:
The following 10 members willing to pay $899 for a full front bumper; rear bumper and side skirts (no fenders):

1. 97AcuraCL
2. Pimpin2.2CL
3. VtecVSix
4. AcuraDan69
5. ChrisKelly5
6. Don_south37217
7. SweetWhiteCL3.0
8. JaysCL
9. STLUSMCH
10. DNICE

Chris; I got you 10 buddy. Now I understand you dont know much more. And that it is a waiting game and that you dont relaly know how long u've got. But I'm asking for some sort of rough estimate. I'm not in a rush; I just want to konw what we're looking at here. I mean from what it sounds like it could be anywhere from a month to 2 years. Is there any idea any CLUE of when we're talking that they are actually going to start production? Thanx man; sorry for an annoying question but I just think its only fair to myself and the guys waiting on the kit to know how long they've either got to save $$ or refrain from spending $$ in order to purchase the kit. If you can shed any kinda even vague light on the topic i'd apprecaite it; ALSO please beg them for some sort of sketch or something now that we've proven there is at least a demand for a kit; I KNOW that if we get some sort of final drawing AT LEAST that there are going to be a lot more people willing to buy this kit. As a result it would benefit them (increase their potential profits) for them to produce some sort of drawing. I mean they're in the business of selling kits; well if they want to sell more than just 10 let them get one of THEIR guys to make US a photoshop or drawing. Let them do SOMETHING for $900
Old 07-16-2002, 08:25 AM
Acurazine OG.

Originally posted by 97AcuraCL
So as it stands now:
The following 10 members willing to pay $899 for a full front bumper; rear bumper and side skirts (no fenders):

1. 97AcuraCL
2. Pimpin2.2CL
3. VtecVSix
4. AcuraDan69
5. ChrisKelly5
6. Don_south37217
7. SweetWhiteCL3.0
8. JaysCL
9. STLUSMCH
10. DNICE

Chris; I got you 10 buddy. Now I understand you dont know much more. And that it is a waiting game and that you dont relaly know how long u've got. But I'm asking for some sort of rough estimate. I'm not in a rush; I just want to konw what we're looking at here. I mean from what it sounds like it could be anywhere from a month to 2 years. Is there any idea any CLUE of when we're talking that they are actually going to start production? Thanx man; sorry for an annoying question but I just think its only fair to myself and the guys waiting on the kit to know how long they've either got to save $$ or refrain from spending $$ in order to purchase the kit. If you can shed any kinda even vague light on the topic i'd apprecaite it; ALSO please beg them for some sort of sketch or something now that we've proven there is at least a demand for a kit; I KNOW that if we get some sort of final drawing AT LEAST that there are going to be a lot more people willing to buy this kit. As a result it would benefit them (increase their potential profits) for them to produce some sort of drawing. I mean they're in the business of selling kits; well if they want to sell more than just 10 let them get one of THEIR guys to make US a photoshop or drawing. Let them do SOMETHING for $900
I will call them today and try and find out some sort of time frame, I will also bug them some more about getting a sketch of the BC2 on the CL ... hopefully I will have some more answers later this evening... talk to you then... Chris.
Old 07-16-2002, 09:02 AM

I dont know if you're gonna get this before you talk to them. but i'm despirate for a kit; and $900 is a lot better than paying for a full custom one. But since they're gonna be making it from now on and its not a custom job; is there anyway you can talk them down on the price? Being that its a groupbuy of @ LEAST 10? (more if they get sketches)

See whats up :-)
Old 07-16-2002, 11:35 AM
Pimpin with style

sup chris, I havent been on the site for a few weeks, been out ridein the bike, anyways, about the rear bumper, how well will it fit with my duals?? let me know, talk to ya later
Old 07-16-2002, 09:05 PM
Acurazine OG.

Originally posted by 30CLstyle
sup chris, I havent been on the site for a few weeks, been out ridein the bike, anyways, about the rear bumper, how well will it fit with my duals?? let me know, talk to ya later
I dunno about the duals... I will ask them, couldnt talk to them today, they were "out of the office..."
Old 07-16-2002, 10:33 PM
Racer

can someone give me a rough idea of what it'd cost to have this painted and installed? i'm not skilled enough to do it myself
Old 07-17-2002, 12:05 AM
Intermediate

Yo, 92AcuraCL, I appreciate your relentlessness. I know that most of us are capable of just selling or trading in our 1st gens. for something diff. but we all have our personal reasons as to why we bought our CL's. I would like to upgrade my ride like everyone elses and I think our rides will look unique. Just putting my 2 cents in.
Old 07-17-2002, 03:35 AM
Instructor

since the kit is most likely going to be fiberglass, the shop will have a tougher time sanding and it will cost a little bit more. generally it will cost anywhere from 800-1200 for a good job. when my friend did a complete kit, it cost him 850 at the shop we go to. but at other places, they would charge 1200 for a crappier job, make sure you check their books and see pics of cars that they've done before. when i got my backbumper, sideskirts and ww lip done, it was 600.

Quick Reply: Possible body kit in the works.....