PhotoShoot - & CF Hood

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 10:59 PM
DamnThisHobby'sExpensive!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Arrow PhotoShoot - & CF Hood

Tonights Photo Shoot! (sorry the picts suck...we didnt have a tri-pod & time was aginst us.)

Acura3.0cl (CJ)
Smalls (Chris)
Tman89544 (Tony)

Height/Drop Picts-
In order, Acura3.0cl (sportline/agx) Smalls (Prokit) Tman89544 (Stock)

The Rest Of The Photo Shoot

Old 11-19-2005, 11:01 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Three black 1st gens look badass together
Old 11-19-2005, 11:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
wow, what a world of a difference a simple drop and lip can make

for some reason, I always thought your car was primrose
Old 11-19-2005, 11:33 PM
B A N N E D

Your lights look like shit and need to be resurfaced. Your grill looks like shit and needs to be completed or fixed. You need tire shine on them tires too. Other than that ,shit looks PIMP !!! I LOVE THAT HOOD i would wax and detail your shit anytime
Old 11-19-2005, 11:49 PM
The movement has started

After seeing the pics I'm glad I never bought a cf hood I don't think it really matches. Your car is pimp tho reminds me of my car with the stocks on. Which reminds me I really need tint.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:15 AM
Insert Sarcasm Here

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
good times, Next time though, we need a tri-pod.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:46 AM
First EVER K24 Turbo CL

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
i guess im the only person whos anal about perfect fitment... cuz i wouldnt accept a fitment like that... other then that wut happen to your "a" in the front?
Old 11-20-2005, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by ayougo
Your lights look like shit and need to be resurfaced. Your grill looks like shit and needs to be completed or fixed. You need tire shine on them tires too. Other than that ,shit looks PIMP !!! I LOVE THAT HOOD i would wax and detail your shit anytime
Yes, the lights fog a little still. I never got a good complete seal around the housing when i did the blackouts. Ive been neglecting to take them back out and re-seal them. The grill is still in progress. I actually just un-wrapped it out of its box 2 days ago. I havnt has time to sand it down and customise it yet.
Oh, and there was tire shine...lol

Originally Posted by starboy2nv
i guess im the only person whos anal about perfect fitment... cuz i wouldnt accept a fitment like that... other then that wut happen to your "a" in the front?
Yea I know the fitment is still off. I havnt had time to correct everything yet. Plus my bumper is sagging a little and needs to be re-mounted...(thus not aligning up w/ the hood) So yea, the hood still needs some adjustments & i still have to sand down and mod the grille.

Then, gotta get hood pins installed, and somehow figure out how to sand/drill to get the washer nozzles to fit...

But yea, the pict quality sucks..sorry. It looks soo much better in person. It rained all day today too, so thats why they were indoor picts. Hopefully tomorrow I might be able to get some outdoor picts after i wash the car again.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:17 AM
Insert Sarcasm Here

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
just need to quit drinkin all that hater-ade
Old 11-20-2005, 01:21 PM
Miss th 3.0

it looks pimp, i love the hood on the black car
Old 11-20-2005, 01:38 PM
Im No Superman

the hood doesnt look too bad on the garage pics wih more light, before i totally agree w/ baka_t on that the hood doesnt really go with a CL that well, i wanna see outdoor pics. i think the reason i am iffy about the hood is because of our grill, it kinda clashes with the hood. What are you going to do to the grill?

Acura3.0CL - i feel u on the condensation on the headlight, i had some on the same side, it was so annoying
Old 11-20-2005, 02:50 PM
HOOK EM HORNS

lookin good gentlemen, cool pics and i like the hood
Old 11-20-2005, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by h2o-pr00f
What are you going to do to the grill?
You know, i havn't really decided yet. I dont know if u should add th grille mesh, or cut out/sand down the middle plastic....i donno what to do! :donno:

What do you all suggest? What should I do to the grille?

As far as outdoor/better picts...the weather is still crappy so i'll prob wait a few days till the weather is better. I'd also like to finish the grille before then too.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Banned

^ black it out.. matches very well
Old 11-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,461 Likes on 3,055 Posts
Originally Posted by wakeboardfusion
it looks pimp, i love the hood on the black car
Lookin hot, I can't wait to see mine on my black car. You just made me smile real big though. Love the 3 black 1st gens Hood looks HOT, stands out a little more than i expected, but it looks incredible.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:07 PM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you need a tripod. lol.

otherwise, great photos - cant wait for my hood to get in
Old 11-20-2005, 06:13 PM

Ok, as far as the grille goes...ofcourse im blacking it out! I just cant deside if i should sand/cut out the whole center and plastic diamond in tbe back...or should I just add grille mesh? (yes, im blacking it out...the chrome, everything...just dont know what style to do...can anyone help??

Oh, Wed. its suppost to be 60 degrees and sunny. I'll def have a tripod and take better picts by then.
Ad as far as the hood standing out on black....honestly, in person, you really cant tell until you get up onto the car, and then all of the sudden the hood just "pops" and your like... "DAAAMMMMMNNNN!!!" lol
Old 11-20-2005, 06:37 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by baka_t
After seeing the pics I'm glad I never bought a cf hood I don't think it really matches. Your car is pimp tho reminds me of my car with the stocks on. Which reminds me I really need tint.

And honest question, are you happy w/ the fitment? Because it doesn't look good at all. All the gaps are uneven, i'd think the gap above the headlights would be unacceptable. Have you tried adjusting it much to fix the gaps?
Old 11-20-2005, 06:45 PM

read post # 8
Old 11-20-2005, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by CLpower

And honest question, are you happy w/ the fitment? Because it doesn't look good at all. All the gaps are uneven, i'd think the gap above the headlights would be unacceptable. Have you tried adjusting it much to fix the gaps?
Read post #8 for your anwser.... I know the hood fitment isnt correct...ive already said this many times....you guys need to understand that... I mean honestly, I could of waited another month until I had the time to fix/do the grille, fix/adjust the hood...ect....but i decided i'd just throw it on and show you all what it looks like on black...jeeze...lol...I know it needs adjusted...i just dont have much time to devote to it right now.

So yes...i know the fitment is off...thanks everyone for pointing it out...lol..

Honestly, 1.) the hood looks better in person
and 2.) its alot better than the old and busted,dented,rusted hood that was on there
Old 11-20-2005, 08:07 PM
Burning Brakes

^^^

1.) Yes and 2.)Yes
Old 11-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Peace, Love & Acura

I would really have to see that in person. I am not real fond of the look for our cars... can it be painted? Not hating it, but it just looks out of place on our whips... I see C/F hoods on civics and other cars, but that is an odd look.

Good luck on the fittiment adjustments.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:34 PM
Safety Car

NICE-- love black cl's (wonder why) hood looks pimp. wish i had the money to get one.

however your the second one with the hood that has that big ass gap between the fender and hood.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:37 PM
Saucin

Originally Posted by Acura3.0CL
Read post #8 for your anwser.... I know the hood fitment isnt correct...ive already said this many times....you guys need to understand that... I mean honestly, I could of waited another month until I had the time to fix/do the grille, fix/adjust the hood...ect....but i decided i'd just throw it on and show you all what it looks like on black...jeeze...lol...I know it needs adjusted...i just dont have much time to devote to it right now.

So yes...i know the fitment is off...thanks everyone for pointing it out...lol..

Honestly, 1.) the hood looks better in person
and 2.) its alot better than the old and busted,dented,rusted hood that was on there

so whats your avatar???
Old 11-20-2005, 11:06 PM
Safety Car

maybee i need to read before i post. my bad..

yea ive been wondering that for a while now. what the hell is that in your avatar. looks like an extension cord holder
Old 11-20-2005, 11:18 PM
Who the F*** is Chucky?

what ever happened to the idea of cl's being classy cars? i guess in the four years ive left this forum, theyve lost their distinction of being better than civics.

How does a cf hood really go with a car like a cl? Especially when you have your stock rims, stock bumper signals, and molested grille (atleast put the badge back on). It just doesnt look right to me. Kinda like when ricers slap on m3 fenders on a completely stock civic or even better an accord sedan. Its a nice car, not a racecar.

Can you imagine one of the dorks from "REvenge of the NERDS" dressed in full out fubu and a durag? Yeah exactly...it just doesnt fit.

Plus cf hoods are so expensive, not worth the cash, and the majority are crap that wear down and start pealing and falling apart.

Last comment, then ill shut up cause i know im gonna get shit for being a dick, do you have a monster engine under your hood that you need to shed a couple lbs or was the hundreds of dollars simply spent to make it less of a workout to propt the hood in place.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Burning Brakes

^^^

In his defense his old hood was messed up so he would have had to buy a new one anyways. Instead of spending like 1200 on an OEM one he just bought a CF one for less than half the price. If i was in the same position I would have done the same thing.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:33 PM
Safety Car

maybee if he had z3 fenders like a civic, or a sideways fart can, or gutted interior than you could say it looks like a ricey civic, none of that just a 500$ hood. how many bone stock civics have 500$ cf hoods?, tho i agree it doesent look perfect on a stock cl, i will say that when he has rims, and another grille ., its gonna be one hard ass cl. im sure he's aware he's drivin a 16 second car, mainly by it havin heated seats, heated mirrors, and weighin in at almost 3500lbs. basically your sain that any mod you do is tryin to be fast and furious. the whole reason for modding is to enhance performance.. droppin a car.. supposed to be for superior handling, yet you dont see everyone that has a drop at the slalom track. rims are the same way. hell most cars come factory with a spoiler in the back.. that doesent mean that it goes fast enough to create any type of downforce. all modding isnt made for performance. some is for just the look.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:42 PM
Who the F*** is Chucky?

Originally Posted by tman89544
^^^

In his defense his old hood was messed up so he would have had to buy a new one anyways. Instead of spending like 1200 on an OEM one he just bought a CF one for less than half the price. If i was in the same position I would have done the same thing.

coulda bought a aftermarket stock one...that would have been even cheaper, and it would prob fit better than a carbon fiber one. Cheaper too.

but whatever..if you want a luxury race car i guess cf is the way to go. I saw some dude said he needed a new trunk too...maybe buy a cf one cause theyre cheaper?
Old 11-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Who the F*** is Chucky?

and no basically im saying any mod that you do should fit your certain car's personality. My point was, my personal opinion, things like carbon fiber hoods dont belong in the same area code as cl's. i didnt say he was trying to be a civic, i was making a metaphorical comparison.

and dont get me wrong. i like his car. I like the stock wheels, i like the stock bumper signals, i say leave them on because they fit, but the cf doesnt to me.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wilp99
maybee if he had z3 fenders like a civic, or a sideways fart can, or gutted interior than you could say it looks like a ricey civic, none of that just a 500$ hood. how many bone stock civics have 500$ cf hoods?, tho i agree it doesent look perfect on a stock cl, i will say that when he has rims, and another grille ., its gonna be one hard ass cl. im sure he's aware he's drivin a 16 second car, mainly by it havin heated seats, heated mirrors, and weighin in at almost 3500lbs. basically your sain that any mod you do is tryin to be fast and furious. the whole reason for modding is to enhance performance.. droppin a car.. supposed to be for superior handling, yet you dont see everyone that has a drop at the slalom track. rims are the same way. hell most cars come factory with a spoiler in the back.. that doesent mean that it goes fast enough to create any type of downforce. all modding isnt made for performance. some is for just the look.
damn... never thought of it that way... pretty damn nice argument IMO
Old 11-21-2005, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by bostonroads
what ever happened to the idea of cl's being classy cars? i guess in the four years ive left this forum, theyve lost their distinction of being better than civics.

How does a cf hood really go with a car like a cl? Especially when you have your stock rims, stock bumper signals, and molested grille (atleast put the badge back on). It just doesnt look right to me. Kinda like when ricers slap on m3 fenders on a completely stock civic or even better an accord sedan. Its a nice car, not a racecar.

Can you imagine one of the dorks from "REvenge of the NERDS" dressed in full out fubu and a durag? Yeah exactly...it just doesnt fit.

Plus cf hoods are so expensive, not worth the cash, and the majority are crap that wear down and start pealing and falling apart.

Last comment, then ill shut up cause i know im gonna get shit for being a dick, do you have a monster engine under your hood that you need to shed a couple lbs or was the hundreds of dollars simply spent to make it less of a workout to propt the hood in place.
Welcome back! Since you've been gone...I'll have to re-anwser all these questions/statements.

Stock rims = KANSAS is getting snow and its winter

OEM Bumper Lenses....your talking about the CL needing to be classy, and how modding them & the CF is "rice", like civics...and your questioning me why I have the stock lenses in??? Other than the fact amber looks better w/ black and CF in my opinion...?...

"Molested grille " = if you'd read above, you'd know I said the grille was 2 days old outta the box and I didnt want to screw with the "A" because im taking it back apart and sanding it down and painting it/modding it this week...

Oh, and as far as the CF being "hundreds of dollars"....I'll have u know the CF hood was $460 + $115 shipping = $575
Acura wanted $1,100 for a stock OEM hood painted and installed

And yes, my old stock hood was bent,rusted,and torn up...i needed a new one....now which one would you of picked?
Old 11-21-2005, 01:49 AM
Safety Car

thats nice but what the hell is that thing in your avatar
Old 11-21-2005, 01:55 AM
B A N N E D

do you ever fawkin sleep ?
Old 11-21-2005, 01:57 AM

I Call It....."Liquid Key"....I need to find out how to make a custom one for my car.

(It says Subarau on the side...its a key for an STI I found the pict on Cardomain)

do you ever fawkin sleep ?
me or wilp99? Cuz if your askin me....then "yes" right now. I have to be at work in 6 hrs
Old 11-21-2005, 01:58 AM
Instructor

excellent shoot guys, nice job. smalls: howz the ride with prokit n on aftermarket shocks? feel stock?
Old 11-21-2005, 03:41 AM
Safety Car

i work at night. 2230-0800. but for the past 2 weeks 1800-0600
Old 11-21-2005, 08:28 AM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by wilp99
i work at night. 2230-0800. but for the past 2 weeks 1800-0600
night work blows. sorry to hear that wil.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:03 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Acura3.0 and I agree on something, clear lenses look like crap
Old 11-21-2005, 10:54 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Originally Posted by baka_t
I'm glad too I didnt go in I didn't really like the look on Recycle's Primose nor on this black one either. I think it needs to be blended in like this Accord.

Quick Reply: PhotoShoot - & CF Hood