pebble in vents, rattling driving me crazy

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 03:25 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pebble in vents, rattling driving me crazy

ok, so a while ago I was cleaning out my car adn there was a fairly larg e pebble in y car and I threw it out the drivers side dor, BUT i missed and it hit some part of the door at just the right angle an bounce back in and up onto thte dash, then bounced into the defrost vents under t he front windshield.

now it's rattleing like crazy ans pissing me offf liek no toer. Any ideas on how to get it out. I don't think a vacume woudl work as it's not right at the edge of the vent, ,it's down in there a bit so there wouldn't be enough sucktion. Think a shop vac woud do it?

help me before I go insane.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:51 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,448 Likes on 3,046 Posts
shop vac might do it, otherwise, a LONG set of tweezers, or needle nose pliars?
Old 07-29-2005, 04:30 PM
Safety Car

well since the vent is right under the window I can't see anything, and I can't be like half in half out of the car since it's in the middle and my arms aren't that long.

come to think of it I think it was some pill that some crazy chick left in my car after I picked her up from a party, so you think if I sprayed water down in there I coudl disentigrate the pill? Or woudl that casue mildew and shit in teh vents?
Old 07-30-2005, 01:32 AM
The new ride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm, get a plastic drop cloth, cut a piece out of it, wrap and tape it around the end of the shop vac hose, then tape the edges of the other end around the border of the vent where you know it is, and tape the seam shut, to completely seal it, so that the you're getting full suction over the vent.. on second thought maybe leave a little bit open, turn on the shop vac and defroster with the fan up all the way, i think leaving a little open will help some cause the shop vac prob. sucks in way more air then the defroster puts out and it'll just shrink the plastic real quick... haha good luck with that

well if you have an attachment on the shop vac thats wide for a bare floor for example, just use that and put it right over the vent with the fan up all the way, that might work and you dont have to do all the crap with the plastic
Old 07-30-2005, 01:36 AM
Saucin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mulk
hmm, get a plastic drop cloth, cut a piece out of it, wrap and tape it around the end of the shop vac hose, then tape the edges of the other end around the border of the vent where you know it is, and tape the seam shut, to completely seal it, so that the you're getting full suction over the vent.. on second thought maybe leave a little bit open, turn on the shop vac and defroster with the fan up all the way, i think leaving a little open will help some cause the shop vac prob. sucks in way more air then the defroster puts out and it'll just shrink the plastic real quick... haha good luck with that

well if you have an attachment on the shop vac thats wide for a bare floor for example, just use that and put it right over the vent with the fan up all the way, that might work and you dont have to do all the crap with the plastic
confusing, get a small extension thing to put on the end and try and suck it out using that b4 the craziness above
Old 07-30-2005, 04:16 AM
Safety Car

lol, ok will do. I'll let you guys know the results.