AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G CL (1997-1999) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-cl-1997-1999-56/)
-   -   Parking light/turn signal swap... (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-cl-1997-1999-56/parking-light-turn-signal-swap-477494/)

dannyV 03-10-2006 08:51 PM

Parking light/turn signal swap...

Hey guys, any of you that have swapped your front parking and turn signal lights could be of great help to me right now. I did the wiring swap today and the parking lights are working fine, but with the turn signals hooked up to the small corner lights they are doin the whole rapid flash thing like a bulb is out. All the bulbs are working fine so I was just wondering if there's an easy fix for this...

Thanks!

-Dan

dannyV 03-11-2006 12:51 AM

I find it hard to believe that no one has done this...

ghost_masterCL 03-11-2006 02:59 AM

Damn, I've been thinking about doing this for a while, but never got aroudn to it. I think you need a resistor in the line to the bulb to prevent the "turbo blinker" effect.

hybridnrg 03-11-2006 11:28 AM

yeah people have done this before....just chill and wait

thatONEguy 03-11-2006 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by dannyV
Hey guys, any of you that have swapped your front parking and turn signal lights could be of great help to me right now. I did the wiring swap today and the parking lights are working fine, but with the turn signals hooked up to the small corner lights they are doin the whole rapid flash thing like a bulb is out. All the bulbs are working fine so I was just wondering if there's an easy fix for this...

Thanks!

-Dan

I changed out mine and I have never had this issue... But then again you mentioned wiring??? and bulbs?? What wiring was swapped out? For LEDs? I have heard that changing out the bulbs sometimes make it blink rapid, like the type of bulb you used to replace it, not just a replacement..

Need more insight, perhaps PICS with descriptions!!!

ghost_masterCL 03-11-2006 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by thatONEguy
I changed out mine and I have never had this issue... But then again you mentioned wiring??? and bulbs?? What wiring was swapped out? For LEDs? I have heard that changing out the bulbs sometimes make it blink rapid, like the type of bulb you used to replace it, not just a replacement..

Need more insight, perhaps PICS with descriptions!!!

lol, you need to work on your reading comprehension. He is making it so the corner lights next tot he head lights are the blinkers, and the bumper lights that are amber are just always on like the parking lights.

dannyV 03-11-2006 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by ghost_masterCL
lol, you need to work on your reading comprehension. He is making it so the corner lights next tot he head lights are the blinkers, and the bumper lights that are amber are just always on like the parking lights.

Actually I left the corner lights on the headlights alone... I just swapped the wiring on the amber lights.

I think ghost_masterCL is right about the resistors... The current that was supposed to go through the large bulbs that is now going through the small bulbs isn't sencing the bulb at all, so it thinks the bulbs are bad.

duluoz 03-11-2006 05:24 PM

hmmm...I still don't understand what you did -- swapped the harnesses so the outer 194s blink and the inner 7440s stay bright? if so, let's see pics :yum: -- I've been sporadically daydreaming 'bout how to turn those clearcorners into something fog-like (not a fan of the factory fogs), and somehow get both the high and low parking lights to act as signals

Sumaccordguy1994 03-11-2006 05:25 PM

yea, the flasher in your car is designed to flash at least 2 higher wattage bulbs... the lack of the power draw sets off the flashers "faulty lamp indicator". Besides the fact that the small 194 bulbs dont draw much power, they're also not bright enough for signals = illegal. If you want your true turn bulbs to be on all the time, upgrade to 1157 dual filament bulbs and new sockets... power the dim filament from the corner lamp bulb and power the bright filament from the turn signal wire. This way you'll get the full bumper light lit up with the parking lights and still have proper turn signals.

Gregory_20706 03-13-2006 11:52 AM

Your lights are definately doing the hyper flash thing because the bulb in the park light next to the head light is not powerful enough. Since you switched the wiring; the watts of the parking light needs to be higher so that it thinks it is still reading the original blinkers. I suggest that you try a more powerful bulb ( closer to the oringinal blinkers wattage) that will stop the hyper blinker. Good luck finding a bulb that small with enuff wattage! LOL!

NitiNiteZ 03-13-2006 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Sumaccordguy1994
yea, the flasher in your car is designed to flash at least 2 higher wattage bulbs... the lack of the power draw sets off the flashers "faulty lamp indicator". Besides the fact that the small 194 bulbs dont draw much power, they're also not bright enough for signals = illegal. If you want your true turn bulbs to be on all the time, upgrade to 1157 dual filament bulbs and new sockets... power the dim filament from the corner lamp bulb and power the bright filament from the turn signal wire. This way you'll get the full bumper light lit up with the parking lights and still have proper turn signals.

exactomundo...? anyway... this is correct. This is what i have...well waiting to do... got the parts in my room. Get the dual filliment socket from the DC integra (94-01) and the bulbs that go with it... i think the bulbs and sockets will cost u around $30.. then u need wire taps that'll connect the socket and the wires nice and clean. its a timely project... kinda. The ghetto way would be to just tap them in without the sockets, creating a hyper blink effect, which is something i don't want. So you gotta put out some money. imo i think it's worth it.