oil pan question

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 02:15 PM
AzN-SoLjA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oil pan question

can anyone enlighten me on how to deal with a cracked oil pan? are there any easy wayss to fix it or do i need a new one? i need to get this fixed within a day any help would be apprecieated
Old 07-20-2005, 04:29 PM
H22 Black Ack

I have one wit ha dent in it, that you could pound out EASILY. I can put it in the mail for $50.00 shipped, but it will not prolly get there till Monday...let me know.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:14 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

hey thirdrail, where did u get ur new one from and how mush? also did u put on urself? You know when u hear about a sickness you start to think u have it. When cocoa was putting my suspension in he pointed out that i was missing a bolt. because ive been battling vtec malfunction for a while now. wilp was helping me too. So maybe this is it... thanks man
Old 07-20-2005, 08:49 PM
Peace, Love & Acura

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was the bolt allowing oil to escape, or vacume preasure to be lost? As for the crack, you could TIG weld it. the bead would be very fine.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

Originally Posted by ajtcl
Was the bolt allowing oil to escape, or vacume preasure to be lost?
well where the bolt was missing there was no trace of oil. but maybe pressure coulve been lost.. i wouldnt know by looking..
Old 07-21-2005, 07:49 PM
H22 Black Ack

Originally Posted by Palayah8ta
hey thirdrail, where did u get ur new one from and how mush? also did u put on urself? You know when u hear about a sickness you start to think u have it. When cocoa was putting my suspension in he pointed out that i was missing a bolt. because ive been battling vtec malfunction for a while now. wilp was helping me too. So maybe this is it... thanks man

I got mine at Acura for about $90.00. And yea, I put it on myself. I am not the best mechanic, but I am not afraid to learn. The oil pan was fairly simple to get off, you just have to be careful when you break the seal not too damage the surface. After all of the bolts were removed, I wedged a flat-head between the oilpan and block, and it broke the seal. The only thing is, that I have a DC Sports header, and after the oilpan was loose, I had to unbolt the flexpipe (lower) portion of the header. I used a gasket + Hondabond to ensure a good seal. After that, you just methodically tighten down the bolts. What I mean is, lightly tighten one, then tighten the one across from it....and so on. BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO OVERTIGHTEN THESE BOLTS!! REMEMBER THE TIGHTNESS OF WHEN YOU UNSCREW THEM, BECAUSE THAT IS ABOUT HOW TIGHT YOU WANT THEM TO BE WHEN YOU GET DONE. Anyway, holler at me if you need any help...
OH!! and make sure you drain the oil first!!!LOL!
Old 07-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

Originally Posted by thirdrail-1
I got mine at Acura for about $90.00. And yea, I put it on myself. I am not the best mechanic, but I am not afraid to learn. The oil pan was fairly simple to get off, you just have to be careful when you break the seal not too damage the surface. After all of the bolts were removed, I wedged a flat-head between the oilpan and block, and it broke the seal. The only thing is, that I have a DC Sports header, and after the oilpan was loose, I had to unbolt the flexpipe (lower) portion of the header. I used a gasket + Hondabond to ensure a good seal. After that, you just methodically tighten down the bolts. What I mean is, lightly tighten one, then tighten the one across from it....and so on. BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO OVERTIGHTEN THESE BOLTS!! REMEMBER THE TIGHTNESS OF WHEN YOU UNSCREW THEM, BECAUSE THAT IS ABOUT HOW TIGHT YOU WANT THEM TO BE WHEN YOU GET DONE. Anyway, holler at me if you need any help...
OH!! and make sure you drain the oil first!!!LOL!
thanks man. im going to take a lil trip to acura tommrow. thnx again!
Old 07-22-2005, 03:28 PM
H22 Black Ack

no problemo! Don't forget to get some hondabond and Gasket!