Newbie questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 12:55 PM
"Dats da shiznit!!!!!!!!"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie questions

Looking for help from experienced guys. I got some questions.

1. what is the best headlights right now for the HID look. I looked at PIAA but there are several diffrent types. what have you guys to be the best??? ebay has xenon types for around 12-15 bucks. are these any good???

2. I want to make modifications on my car. I have a 1997 2.2 CL. I'm looking for tips, books, websites, whatever on how to get started. I'm not looking for show, but rather performance. I know the basics of exhaust, intakes, (mostly from grand turismo 3 though hehehe) but i'm looking more at specifics and recommendations. I want more horsepower and better cornering speed. that kind of stuff.

3. is it worth repainting the entire car if i got couple scratches on it??? my car is black so it's a bitch keeping it clean. any real use for front end covers??? i live in the midwest where the tumbleweeds rolll and roll. and rocks fly when we get snowed on from the sand trucks (you guys in calif are lucky).

4. how do you keep engines looking new?? are there stuff you can spray to get the dust off?? is it really worth it??? does it alter engine performance/ my acura dealer says it doesnt.

thanks for any help guys ( or gals).

5. sorry one more question. any superchargers out there for my car??? is this the way to go if i got the money for it?? thanks
Old 03-04-2002, 01:04 PM
Drifting

Lights..I have Cuzo's $40 from a local import shop. I did buy a set from ebay for cheaper but if you do look for the ones that have a life time warranty........cuz when It went out I got a new set for free, but I did have to pay for shipping. I like the ones on ebay cuz they are white with a blueish tint.........some of the ones from the shops are too blue.

you can use simple green/water to clean your engine.

Welcome!
Old 03-04-2002, 03:23 PM
-iii-(

i heard that repainting will lower the resale value substantially because people get full paint jobs when their cars get all jacked up in an accident
Old 03-04-2002, 03:29 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the site!

If you use the "search" function (upper right hand side of your screen), you'll come across many suggestions and tips for your car.

I think every topic that you had a question for, has been discussed (sometimes, many times) in the past.

Good luck!
Old 03-04-2002, 03:40 PM
Not Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
I think that any xenon light will work. At my local shop, some blow and some don't, doesn't matter what make they said. PIAA is supposed to be better, or at least they cost more.
I would not put a supercharger on a single overhead cam car. Put a turbo charger on instead. Something about a single cam engine and supercharger that does not work well. My friend works on NHRA honda engines and that is what he told me. Since a 2.2 CL is not a true sports car you are limited with engine mods, even with a turbo and Nitros. You want power, put in a H22a engine. Then you are on your way