New interior pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 02:06 AM
Midnight Marauder

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts
New interior pics

I thought I'd start a new thread since the title of the other thread doesn't say anything about my new mod, I installed the interior parts of the 98-99 into a 97. I think it looks better now.
http://public.fotki.com/jwong77/acura_30cl/
Old 05-12-2003, 02:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
would this work for a stick too?
Old 05-12-2003, 03:21 PM
cor
MR O'NEAL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks nice, where'd you get the chrome piece from?
Old 05-12-2003, 04:08 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool! I've been wanting to put that chrome thing around the shifter! The guy at the dealership said he's not sure if Acura actually came out with that chrome thing. But I swear I saw it in one of the CLs at a parking lot. So where'd you get them from??? Was it easy to install???
Old 05-12-2003, 05:34 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,171 Likes on 686 Posts
Looks good :thumbup:

Yes, it should fit. I bought the automatic wood trim kit and the hole for the manual is the same size (around atleast)

Originally posted by KLepTo
would this work for a stick too?
Old 05-13-2003, 01:01 AM
Midnight Marauder

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. It took about 45-50 minutes to do the swap. I bought two parts from www.acuraautomotiveparts.net , the first is the flat black shifter part with the "P R N D4 D3 2 1" letters, and I also bought the chrome peice to go around it. They were both from the 99 model 3.0 Premium. It costs something like 50 dollars including shipping. This is what I did....

1. Remove the back part of the center console which consists of the armrest, the box to put the CD cases in and the cupholders. There are about 3 screws total here.

2. Remove the trim ring around the stereo and removed the stereo with the box.

3. Unscrew the front part of the center console. Its the entire part that goes around the stereo and down to around where the shift selector is. There are about 6 or 7 screws total for this piece. Be real careful, as this part costs alot of moolaa. Don't scratch it up or anything.

4. Once you have that large center part out, rip out that rubber piece that goes around the hole for the shift selector. Mine was glued on real good so pull hard or something. However, I don't know what its like for a manual, I've never seen one of those before.

5. Now remove the shifter handle, there are two screws which hold it in on either side. Just make sure to hold the chrome button, because I didn't and it flew away. It took me a few minutes to find it and the spring that goes inside the shifter.

6. Next remove the old flat black part with the "P R D ect. ect". There are four screws that hold it in. Remember to remove the light bulb for it, its located right under with the letters "P R etc. etc" are.

7. Now install the new flat black part. Reuse all 4 of the screws. And remember to put the light bulb for the lettering back in! This is important!

8. Reinstall the shifter handle, and both parts of the center cosole areas. Remember to put back all of the screws.

9. Put the stereo and the black trim back in.

10. and finally, get your new shiny chrome piece. Match it up with the new flat black piece with the lettering and stuff. Push down around the 4 corners of the chrome piece real hard, and it'll fit flush with everything.

Presto! It looks nice now! Good luck!