need ring sealant advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 03:28 PM
smoked by a Focus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need ring sealant advice

Okay, so I'm losing like a quart of oil a week, just a crazy amount. I have been checking the driveway and every parking spot on a daily, but no leakage. Im gettin nasty blue smoke when i gun the accelerator. I am assuming this all adds up to oil gettin past the rings, right? If so, anyone have suggestions on a sealant that has worked for them? I have a warranty that will cover repairs, but i need my car to get back and forth to school right now so i need a temporary cheap fix. Also feels like ive lost tons of compression and horespower when i go WOT. I know some of you acurazine og's can help me out here, and i would appreciate it.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:21 PM
Safety Car

bite the bullet and get it done right.. or youll be out of an entire motor. there is NO liquid fix for anything. especially rings.. check the valve guide seals too. if it were the rings it would smoke alot all the time.. have you done a compression check yet? do that first, remove all the sparkplugs, and check compression if you have one or two low cylinders add 1-2 teaspoons of motor oil directly into that spark plug hole and check the compression again.. if it goes up then you got bad rings if it stays the same youve got some kind of head issue. if they are all really high then youve got alot of carbon buildup. good luck pimpin..
Old 10-09-2005, 08:24 PM
yadadaa

don't take anything for granted when it comes to oil. just get it checked asap. from what i've heard, none of those liquid fixers REALLY fix the problem.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:10 PM
...is now Carbon Fiber'd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
would it happen to be the head gasket? Because I have a rav4 and it always does that when its cold, has blue smoke on start up. But I went onto the forums, and they said that it always happens because the way they make the gasket.