need help quick, 5spd CL

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 11:43 AM
6spder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
need help quick, 5spd CL

hey guys, can any one tell me what's suppose to goto this?

i cannot find anything that attaches to that, i'm working on final assembly of my drivetrain, should be running soon enough.

anyone know please chime in.

ps. i looked thru the clutch DIY and the pics just hide this part and they don't talk about it.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:03 PM
6spder

another question, i'm assuming, like with other cars, i fill the trans until it starts leaking fluid from the fill hole right?

damn, i can't believe i'm fluids and downpipe away from having my cl running again....
Old 11-11-2008, 12:34 PM
cool breeze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pics is of a vent tube, usally it's covered with alittle black cap to keep shit out.

yeah the trans fluid, you just fill till it starts out the fill hole.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:51 PM
6spder

/\ thanks. that's what i figured.

GOT ANOTHER BIG PROBLEM.

i got EVERYTHIBNG DONE! but when i crank the starter it doesn't engage the selonoid. just spins. its all that's keeping me from having a running car again please help!

i've gone over everything i can see, looks like everything is on straights.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:56 PM
6spder

jw, u guys think its a bad ground (that's what i think), look at my picture above, does that ground on the trans there look like its in the correct spot??
Old 11-11-2008, 02:26 PM
6spder

bump any idea's? i've moved that ground in the picture to a different spot under the starter.

please help guys
Old 11-11-2008, 03:14 PM
6spder

nevermind guys, i got it figured out.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:55 PM

Received 999 Likes on 650 Posts
what was it?
Old 11-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Advanced

there are to bolt under the trany one is for fill and more down there is another bolt which is to drain.i am little confuse Yurhomieblaze you said that on the top there is a cap you fill the gearbox oil there ..then why there is another bolt for filling the oil?i hope i didnt did anything wrong can any one tell me from where to put the gearbox oil?and what oil should i put?i have put the normal engine oil which the autoparts guy give me.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:03 PM
6spder

Originally Posted by acura2.2cl
there are to bolt under the trany one is for fill and more down there is another bolt which is to drain.i am little confuse Yurhomieblaze you said that on the top there is a cap you fill the gearbox oil there ..then why there is another bolt for filling the oil?i hope i didnt did anything wrong can any one tell me from where to put the gearbox oil?and what oil should i put?i have put the normal engine oil which the autoparts guy give me.
yea, the trans takes normal engine oil. there are however a few good manual trans fluid formula's out there. good example is honda's own MTF, also GM syncomesh MTF is awesome. that's what i used.

THere are 2 drain holes and one fill hole. the fill hole us a 17mm bolt, its up and to the left from the lower drain bolt.

Originally Posted by SilverCL97
what was it?
i don't really know. i pulled the starter out, played around with it, put it back it and it worked.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Alperovich
yea, the trans takes normal engine oil. there are however a few good manual trans fluid formula's out there. good example is honda's own MTF, also GM syncomesh MTF is awesome. that's what i used.

THere are 2 drain holes and one fill hole. the fill hole us a 17mm bolt, its up and to the left from the lower drain bolt.

i don't really know. i pulled the starter out, played around with it, put it back it and it worked.

once again i am little confuse ...lol on the picture there is pipe place which you were asking what goes there well in my car there is a cap pn top so i like to know is that pipe to fill the gearbox oil and it should be filled till top?
Old 11-11-2008, 08:44 PM
cool breeze

Originally Posted by acura2.2cl
once again i am little confuse ...lol on the picture there is pipe place which you were asking what goes there well in my car there is a cap pn top so i like to know is that pipe to fill the gearbox oil and it should be filled till top?

no no no. you completely misunderstood me. the tube is a vent for air/condensation, it has a black cap usally to go on it, but is not present in the pics.
DO NOT PUT FLUID IN THE VENT TUBE!!!!!

the fill hole is on the passenger side of the trans and take a 17mm, the lower drain hole takes a 3/8 dr. both on the side where the passenger side axles slides in. fluid should be added thruogh the fill hole till it starts to trickle out the fill hole.
hand pump, or funnel with long tube work well for this
Old 11-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Yurhomieblaze
no no no. you completely misunderstood me. the tube is a vent for air/condensation, it has a black cap usally to go on it, but is not present in the pics.
DO NOT PUT FLUID IN THE VENT TUBE!!!!!

the fill hole is on the passenger side of the trans and take a 17mm, the lower drain hole takes a 3/8 dr. both on the side where the passenger side axles slides in. fluid should be added thruogh the fill hole till it starts to trickle out the fill hole.
hand pump, or funnel with long tube work well for this
ok thx then i think i have done in right way... i misunderstood i thought you were saying to fill that pipe place showing in the pic with the oil untill it goes fill lol ...so now i understand everything i have done rightway
Old 11-11-2008, 09:53 PM
'99 2.3 CL

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
here you go

21396-P20-000 CAP, BREATHER $2.89
buy it from honda or acura.. whatever floats your boat. FWIW, I would get one because you don't want water or other debris to mix in with the fluid. Our engines aren't shielded too well from rain/snow, so it would be a good idea to get one for 3 bucks.