My Aem Cai.... Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2001, 10:00 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Aem Cai.... Help!

i just installed my aem CAI, is it supposed to whistle / hum at idle? it stops doing it right around 1000 right after i hit the gas.... some guy said something about a vaccuum hose that im supposed to take off the stock air box and but on my AEM but the directions said nothing about it? if i just followed the directions am i missing something? also am i supposed to remove a fuse to reset the ECU??? if so which one. thanks!
Old 10-25-2001, 10:23 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there is supposed to be a vaccum hose that goes from the intake to the top of the valve cover. if you havent conncted that do so now because your intake is sucking in nonfiltered air that could damage your engine(in the most extreme case)

just disconnect the negative terminal of your battery for about 10-15 minutes. put it back on. start the car and let it idle. dont tough the gas. then what i do is rag on it for about half an hour to make sure that the computer has the new settings.

the only downside to disconnecting the ecu is that you lose all the prestes on your radio. o well... the sacrifices we make for performance.