More VAFC Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 09:35 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More VAFC Help

I couldnt respond to the other post for some reason so I started another one.

Ok I got it all hooked up the Pressure wire was the red/green not the yellow/red like I thought before. I should have known that from my venom install. Now I just have a problem when I connect the vtec wire. I think the fuel settings are causing the problem. Even though I left them unadjusted, when I get on it, the car it goes slow like an auto civic dx and then when it hits vtec it kicks like no other. And after a while the check engine light comes on and the car acts like there is a rev limiter where vtec should be. I am going to take it to a shop to get dyno tuned hopefully this week, and I hope they can figure out what the problem is. If anyone else has any ideas that I can try before I take it in I would appreciate them. Also, we dont have a VTM signal wire do we??? That could also be the problem because I dont have that connected but I thought we didnt have one. APexi web site says all us spec hondas have the vtm wire. Any information will help.
Old 07-29-2002, 12:18 PM
Swaps? $3000 for 50HP? :(

Make sure your VT unmt is at 0%. When you set a different vtec point than the ecu is sending, it uses this compensation. Since I no longer care where the ecu says to engage it I set it to 0%.
Old 07-29-2002, 12:19 PM
fastest time 13.4@107 !!!

Re: More VAFC Help

Originally posted by 23
I couldnt respond to the other post for some reason so I started another one.

Ok I got it all hooked up the Pressure wire was the red/green not the yellow/red like I thought before. I should have known that from my venom install. Now I just have a problem when I connect the vtec wire. I think the fuel settings are causing the problem. Even though I left them unadjusted, when I get on it, the car it goes slow like an auto civic dx and then when it hits vtec it kicks like no other. And after a while the check engine light comes on and the car acts like there is a rev limiter where vtec should be. I am going to take it to a shop to get dyno tuned hopefully this week, and I hope they can figure out what the problem is. If anyone else has any ideas that I can try before I take it in I would appreciate them. Also, we dont have a VTM signal wire do we??? That could also be the problem because I dont have that connected but I thought we didnt have one. APexi web site says all us spec hondas have the vtm wire. Any information will help.

yea we do have the VTM wire and because you don't have it hooked up is why your check engin light comes on..

here http://www.apexi-usa.com/productdocu...afc_update.pdf

you have too look under (UPDATE V-AFC) on the site and it will tell
were to hook the vtm wire to..
Old 07-29-2002, 12:45 PM

He's got a 4 cyl not the 6.
Old 07-30-2002, 04:42 AM
Racer

Yea I have the 23, I didnt see a VTM wire on my ecu diagram. But they say all US spec hondas have it which confuses me. The check engine light doesnt always come on. And the problem with the vtec I think is that it is initally set at like 5400 or something and then when I adjust it down to our stock level ~4200 I dont how exactly to compensate the VT unmt. The car then hesitates right before VTEC and they said something about this being the reason why it doesnt work on 4 cyl accords. But you got it to work so I dont know. Technically I would expect that lowering vtec to stock levels wouldnt affect the VT unmt correction because even though it has been adjusted I have vtec at stock or very close to stock levels because all that does it adjust the fuel level but again im probably wrong. Right now the unit is basically a SAFC so worst case scenero I will leave it at that and not use the VTEC function but a shop might be able to figure out what is wrong. Do you guys have any input on the 2 different models of VAFC? Or anything else I can try.
Old 07-30-2002, 04:40 PM

Have never heard of the 2 different vafc models.

The controller doesnt change anything until you change the settings. It does not compensate. It strictly changes the fuel to what % you tell it.

I have no VTM wire.
Old 08-01-2002, 08:32 AM
Racer

The VAFC does not change fuel adjustments but the vtec engagement point is changed to a higher one even with out adjusting it. When the VAFC is Initalized or originally installed, it has, I think a Civic vtec engagement point set. at about 5400. I'll call Apexi today regarding the two different VAFC models on the back of the box there is a ~~~~08 and a ~~~~~10 model at least that is what it looks like I cant read Japanese, Im sure it will take all day to get though to those monkeys at apexi though, to figure anything out.