Metallic Flake Paint Respray

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 07:19 PM
100% Dominicano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Metallic Flake Paint Respray

Guys, I previously wanted to paint my car just to make it looks alittle different. After finding out how expensive it is to change the color of your car and get the job done right I gave up on that idea. Well, I was wondering if it was possible to just give the car a coating of metallic flake paint (i.e. House of Kolors metallic flakes). Will the car being 7 years old effect how the final effect will look? How much do you think the bill will be (I'm going to get my front and rear bumpers, as well as my hood repainted so maybe I can get a deal). My color is silver right now. I'm going for sleek look (painted black calipers, blacked out headlight housing, tinted windows, opal Konig Imagines) so I think some dark gray metallic flakes would complete the car and possibly hide alittle bit of that purplish pink that comes out at night under certain lights.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:02 PM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Re: Metallic Flake Paint Respray

Originally posted by Zerostatic
Guys, I previously wanted to paint my car just to make it looks alittle different. After finding out how expensive it is to change the color of your car and get the job done right I gave up on that idea. Well, I was wondering if it was possible to just give the car a coating of metallic flake paint (i.e. House of Kolors metallic flakes). Will the car being 7 years old effect how the final effect will look? How much do you think the bill will be (I'm going to get my front and rear bumpers, as well as my hood repainted so maybe I can get a deal). My color is silver right now. I'm going for sleek look (painted black calipers, blacked out headlight housing, tinted windows, opal Konig Imagines) so I think some dark gray metallic flakes would complete the car and possibly hide alittle bit of that purplish pink that comes out at night under certain lights.
They usually mix that in with clearcoat. I don't think it come out as well as you think. Might be betta to repaint ur car in the same color and then add the flake with clearcoat. Then the color would look nicer. What color is ur car, there not too make choices for flakes.
Old 06-26-2003, 06:32 PM
Racer

first flakes then clear coat!!! thats how its done if you mix it in with the clear it makes the clear drip!
Old 06-27-2003, 10:06 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

opps

Acutally, HOK acutally recommends mixing with the clear and spraying over the base coat, then clear, but they said u can put in on the base and then spray with clear, or u can mix with base and then spray on clear. You just have to use the right size tip and in the correct ratio.
Old 07-13-2003, 03:44 PM
100% Dominicano

any other opinions or thoughts on the topic.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:05 PM
100% Dominicano

bump