Lovely series of events..

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 09:26 PM
W WHIP.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lovely series of events..

If my car wasnt already a pain in the ass, it just continues to get worse. I was coming home from work. I guess the roads were slick and i was going around a bend when my back end starts straight up tokyo driftin the shit. My car powerslided around the bend, tried bringing it back and oversteered. Fortunately i punched the breaks before i smashed into the guard rail stopping me from flying over a pretty large drop. My corner of my front bumper has paint from the guard rail and some light scratches, nothing deep, no dent hopefully itll buff out. Then today I had my court hearing for excessive speed. I went 41 over in a 55. Stupid, yeah i know. blah blah. Long story short I will have a 15 day license suspension soon. Hopefully ill be at school and not really be bothered by it much. Ill be applying for the license that allows me to go to work for $50. So it shouldnt be too bad. The worse part of this all, is once my insurance finds all this shit, im screwed and my parents are dropping me if my insurance doesnt already. OH and i found out my bushings are corroding and my new tires are already pretty worn down. Sweettttt.LOVE this car. Already talked to my mom, we're gonna try putting as much money we can to pay this thing off to the point where we can break even and get this thing out of my life. It was fun while it lasted but im over it now. I'm looking at the Honda Ridgeline or some other form of gas guzzling suv.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:42 PM
where is....

screw the ridgeline, fx45 ftw!!
Old 12-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Azine's only Punk PFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn, I'm sorry to hear all of that, that really sucks! What insurance company do you have?
Old 12-29-2007, 12:53 AM
Instructor

It'd probably be a smart move to buy a truck or something since you'll be less tempted to speed much in it. 41 over is ridiculous, lol. Sorry about your insurance.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:06 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
Sorry to hear ryan, get a 4wd, don't get a ridgeline. Get a real rwd fo sho.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:06 AM
Drifting

well bushings have a lifespan and tire require maintenace so its not really the cars fault. winter driving does suck, but its no too bad with fwd. be happy you dont drive a bmw in the snow. 41 over? thats fucked up, no excuse for that really. im sure youll regret it if you get rid of the car
Old 12-29-2007, 10:59 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

I've been warning him about the bushings since he got the car, no shock there. Ryan, sounds like you need to slow the f down, you were speeding on slick roads too?
Old 12-29-2007, 12:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well yeah im in agreement with other peeps about this one, the speeding thing was your right foot, not the car, the tires, well thats a toss up, but thing is theyre worn and that also comes down to how hard you drive it... bushings, well thats not my area, but I guess im with them, they go out over time and exposure to the elements and all that wonderful crap........ the slick roads drift thing, well between the tires that you say arent doing so well and the fact that you were going in fast enough to go tail happy id say agin not really the cars fault there

but in the end its really your call, and I can respect that regardless of how you play this out... just be happy, and be safe
Old 12-30-2007, 09:39 PM
W WHIP.

I never said it wasnt my fault about the speeding deal. When I went 41 over it was mid september i believe, on a straight away, with no one on the road and it was completely dry. I understand it was my fault and never blamed the car. Bushings, i can care less about, i understand they'll need to be replaced soon. Just disappointed about the tires and that they're wearing out a lil earlier than expected and i really wasnt going that fast when my car slid. I would be able to understand if that was the case, but it wasnt.

and dicorp, why would i regret it if i get rid of the car? Yeah i love the car but its a money trap. I wish i could keep it but i have no idea whats going next. atleast with a new car theres a warranty.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ZeroCL
I never said it wasnt my fault about the speeding deal. When I went 41 over it was mid september i believe, on a straight away, with no one on the road and it was completely dry. I understand it was my fault and never blamed the car. Bushings, i can care less about, i understand they'll need to be replaced soon. Just disappointed about the tires and that they're wearing out a lil earlier than expected and i really wasnt going that fast when my car slid. I would be able to understand if that was the case, but it wasnt.

and dicorp, why would i regret it if i get rid of the car? Yeah i love the car but its a money trap. I wish i could keep it but i have no idea whats going next. atleast with a new car theres a warranty.
fair enough...... do whatever makes ya happy
Old 12-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ZeroCL
If my car wasnt already a pain in the ass, it just continues to get worse. I was coming home from work. I guess the roads were slick and i was going around a bend when my back end starts straight up tokyo driftin the shit. My car powerslided around the bend, tried bringing it back and oversteered. Fortunately i punched the breaks before i smashed into the guard rail stopping me from flying over a pretty large drop. My corner of my front bumper has paint from the guard rail and some light scratches, nothing deep, no dent hopefully itll buff out. Then today I had my court hearing for excessive speed. I went 41 over in a 55. Stupid, yeah i know. blah blah. Long story short I will have a 15 day license suspension soon. Hopefully ill be at school and not really be bothered by it much. Ill be applying for the license that allows me to go to work for $50. So it shouldnt be too bad. The worse part of this all, is once my insurance finds all this shit, im screwed and my parents are dropping me if my insurance doesnt already. OH and i found out my bushings are corroding and my new tires are already pretty worn down. Sweettttt.LOVE this car. Already talked to my mom, we're gonna try putting as much money we can to pay this thing off to the point where we can break even and get this thing out of my life. It was fun while it lasted but im over it now. I'm looking at the Honda Ridgeline or some other form of gas guzzling suv.
you might have to get a cheapy car where you just buy liability insurance then. you might be better off sticking with this car get the lead out of your right shoe.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by beancenzo
you might have to get a cheapy car where you just buy liability insurance then. you might be better off sticking with this car get the lead out of your right shoe.
sTrue, this car's not even paid off yet