Lookin For Body Shop

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 12:30 AM
RODDYS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lookin For Body Shop

What up guys I am lookin for a good body shop/custom shop that will do custom work in or close to Mississippi. I would just really be looking for someone to do the work required to make an accord kit fit. I want to talk to them to see how much work is involved and discuss my options of when I get a kit what I should look for. Thanks PLease no flames
Old 09-28-2004, 10:16 AM
Flap.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol back to the body kit talk?

someoen give him a name so he doesnt have any excuses this time
Old 09-28-2004, 10:23 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
haven't you already done this? BTW, the answers in some of your threads already will tell you what will need to be done and what EXACTLY is involved. Let's not go through this again, do a search on some of your past threads.

your best bet would be to find a car show or club event and ask those guys where they get their work done.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:54 AM
RODDYS

Well I know some of the stuff needed to be done. Thats not my question. Here is the thing the shops that I went to around here where I live told me that I needed some thing that fit better. So I asked them what I needed and they said they didn't know just that what I had was not even close to fitting. I also found out that alot of them had never done this type of work or even heard of it. SO I am needing someone with a little expierance in doing this and I wanted to get a suggestion on exactly what year and what type of material that the parts should be made of. I know that I need a accord front and rear but alot of companies say that the parts are made for a 94-97 well the 94-95 are different that the 96-97. My front lip that all of them said would not work at all was for a 95 model. I just don't want to take the chance of buying something again and it not working. So I want to make sure that if I get another front that its gonna work, and I would feel alot safer if I was told by a shop that they had done this before and that I needed to get whatever.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:57 AM
RODDYS

Also the side skirts that fit perfectly were for a 98-02 I just want to talk to a shop that knows what they are doing to getthings straight
Old 09-28-2004, 11:12 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
as I said, you need to go to a local car show or club event and ask those guys who they use. Shit like this takes a lot of work and most shops can do it, however most don't even want to bother with it. As you've mentioned none of them do this kind of work, none of them are going to know right off the bat what it's going to take to get this work done.

Your front lip is a different story then a front bumper, cause the front lip would have to attach to your current bumper, while a whole new bumper would be cut out and fit in place of it. This is not going to be cheap or easy, there was a reason Ross was charging 4K for custom CL kits. That is about what this shit will run you. No one knows what's better, we all know that nothing is a perfect fit and whatever you do use is going to need some extensive molding to fit properly.