Just Picked up some NX!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 02:39 PM
Evolution

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Picked up some NX!

I just bought the Nitrous Express Single Nozzle EFI System with tri stage settings. "Nitrous Express Single Nozzle EFI System is the ticket for the Import crowd. Utilizing the patented "Shark" nozzle, these systems are fully adjustable 35, 50, 75 horsepower for 4 cylinder and V-6 applications. These systems require no engine modifications, operate on stock fuel pumps, and require no timing retards. The ultimate solution to make your import a "Rocket." Any horsepower settings above the recommended levels require "NX Power Booster" fuel additive to prevent detonation. " This is what the kit is. I know I need the nitrous rated spark plugs but in order to be SAFE and LEGAL what else do I need? Should I get a nitrous pressure gauge? Do I need the saftey blow down tube? I am not gonna spray that much just at the track! What else do i need? Is it gonna be a problem that I have a VAFC? Just wanna double check here!
Old 08-02-2003, 02:55 PM
DamnThisHobby'sExpensive!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
can i just ask where your gettin ALL this $$$ for mods??? Were your parents like the people who won the like 200 million dollar lottery a month ago or somethin??
Old 08-02-2003, 03:32 PM
I've been marked.

Could be like me and work construction non-stop 6 days a week and pull in almost a G a week =\
Old 08-02-2003, 03:52 PM
Bent = #1

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
drugs...
Old 08-02-2003, 07:40 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats!

Having the pressure gauge is handy, especially when you want to know if you're running enough pressure to get good spray. They're under $50 on eBay.

I don't have a blow-down tube, and I've been turned away from a particular drag strip. I just went out and found another track!

Seriously; you don't really need it, but it's an inexpensive safety measure.

The only problem I can see with the VAFC is if it has advanced your timing at all. I'm not even sure if this is possible with a VAFC, but you DEFINITELY don't want your timing to be advanced. If anything, you need to retard your timing with anything over a 75-shot.

As far as "legal", running nitrous on the street (at least in Maryland) is ILLEGAL (period).
Old 08-02-2003, 09:56 PM
Evolution

Dust, is the install hard at all? I dont have a remote bottle opener yet (I am getting one) but I wanted to mount the bottle so I can reach through the gap in the back seat to twist the nozzle.
Acura3.0CL- Well man I just got the money because I got a full ride wrestling scholarship and why buy a new car when I can pimp my cl out! I love the car! I spend my grad money on my seats and my stereo. Then I bought the NX from a buddy of mine who paid $650 for the thing shipped but then when he finnaly got it he didnt take it out of the box and realized he didnt want it, I took it off his hands for $500 even.

More ?'s though. What kind of spark plugs do I need?
Any install tips/safety precausions?
What fuel do I need? Do i really need the boost additive?
Any thing else or am I good to go?