Just bought a 97 3.0. need some mod advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 04:17 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought a 97 3.0. need some mod advice

whats up. i just bought a white '97 3.0 cl 2 weeks ago and i'm ready to do some mods. i have been looking at the forums here and want to start out with some subtle yet classy mods. i wanna do black housing on my headlights but need some help and details about that. also i spent about an hour trying to search the net for some foglights, any help with which ones fit, where to get em, and which ones would look cool with the white exterior. also, i wanted to get the wings west front lip, any idea which website carries that? also any suggestions about a back lip. sorry for all the questions, im just really excited to start customizing my cl. thanks for the help.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:30 AM
Intermediate

try searching for "Hella FF75". i usually dont like flat fog lights, but since the CL has a flat lower grill, these look pretty nice and have nice light output. plus, you can get them in a black reflector/housing combo, which would match black housing headlights very well.

btw, a good start would be to upgrade all your interior lights to white LED's (or whichever color you like). search through the forum and youll find all the info you need.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:01 AM
Burning Brakes

you can do a search for each of the mods you want..
theres basically no site you can get the ww front lip off of..
and back lip has to be custom, but the 5th gen accord has the cloeset fitment.. good luck have fun.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:15 AM
DamnThisHobby'sExpensive!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Hey! Congrats on your new CL!

First, check out the DIY forum for instructions on how to do mods. (theres a post for how to do blackout headlights...etc.
https://acurazine.com/forums/a-25/

Now, Acura make foglights for the CL that fit in the lower grill. (if you didnt want to go aftermarket for the fogs.) You could call your dealer, or visit here for cheaper Acura parts.
www.Acuraautomotiveparts.org

The WW front Lip, I think WW is still not back to doing business yet...you can search websites for the lip.
The back lip, check out Klepto or Nippon_wa (the both have rear lips...their both different. Klepto has a white CL that you'll fall in love with and probably use as a inspiration for your white CL. The WW rear lips are either for a 94-95 accord or a 96-97 accord...custom installed since their not made for our cars. Both Klepto and Nippon can give you more info on theose.

As for classy mods, you can Debadge to make it look cleaner (see the DIY forum)
You can get Clear Bumper Lights instead of the orange/amber ones, and tinted windows is something else thats nice to do but not too indepth for a mod right now. Definitly check out the DIY forum, do searches on this message board, and just ask questions, your here to learn and were here to help!

Ive got a 97 3.0 also, so if you have any questions, feel free to PM me (click on my name "Acura3.0cl") And yes, there is some differences between the 97's and the 98-99's.

Good luck! Most important thing is to just have fun! -CJ
Old 07-16-2005, 12:00 PM
The new ride

I also have a white 97 3.0 CL...

<--- Tinted windows on a white CL looks hot, you'll like it

And just search through the forums for all kinds of stuff you can do, the people here are really helpful.. but be warned this hobby can be expensive haha
Old 07-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mulk
I also have a white 97 3.0 CL...
Me too.

Klepto's car is the best example of a moded White CL, I suggest you check it out to get a feel for what you want to do.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:48 PM
100% Dominicano

Some potential mods for $200 or less.

Wood Trim Kit (or brushed aluminum)

Wrap the current wood grain strip in leather or have it painted

Aftermarket pedals

Aftermarket shifter (I have the momo automatico, it's real nice)

Get a Headunit. (you can complete your system as the money becomes available but for now you can get a nice pioneer headunit for under $200 and not only will it improve sound but it will also look nicer).

Sunroof Visor. (they give a sporty look and are affordable)

Clear Corner lenses (they're going for under $50 shipped on EBAY)

Intake (whether it's a cold air, short ram, or even V2, it'll give you a meaner sound and more performance)

Black-out your headlights (you can do it very cheap, just need some time)

Underbody lights (this probably don't count as "classy" but I think they look nice on a non-riced out car)

Bulbs. (some hyper white bulbs could make your ride look cooler)
Old 07-19-2005, 01:11 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
Originally Posted by Zerostatic
Some potential mods for $200 or less.

Wood Trim Kit (or brushed aluminum)

Wrap the current wood grain strip in leather or have it painted

Aftermarket pedals

Aftermarket shifter (I have the momo automatico, it's real nice)

Get a Headunit. (you can complete your system as the money becomes available but for now you can get a nice pioneer headunit for under $200 and not only will it improve sound but it will also look nicer).

Sunroof Visor. (they give a sporty look and are affordable)

Clear Corner lenses (they're going for under $50 shipped on EBAY)

Intake (whether it's a cold air, short ram, or even V2, it'll give you a meaner sound and more performance)

Black-out your headlights (you can do it very cheap, just need some time)

Underbody lights (this probably don't count as "classy" but I think they look nice on a non-riced out car)

Bulbs. (some hyper white bulbs could make your ride look cooler)
These are some good starting points, the clear corners you can get for about $25-30 on ebay, i wouldn't suggest putting the sunroof visor on, but definately blacking out the headlights, and getting some hyper whites. You can put HID's on later, after you save up for a good set. Intake is a good cheap mod, but i'd advise you to stay away from Short Rams. Head unit, and system are totally up to your taste, as well as lights and such. It depends on if you want more looks for "classy" or performancewise mods, but you can find TONS of info on this site about just about anything. Keep us posted, and post pics when you do mods.