I think my CL is dying

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 08:59 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think my CL is dying

98 2.3

I've had a rattling noise in my engine for about two weeks...the check engine light came on a couple of days ago and I took it down to Acura this afternoon. Well, the catalyc converter is broken and some pieces of it might be in my exhaust...on top of that my ABS is gone. The car is lowered about 2" and they think I hit something to do the damage; I looked under the car when they had it up and I could see the scratches, and when you hit it you can hear the pieces scattered about in it. I don't remember hitting anything that hard or anything that could do something like this. They said it would cost about $1280 to fix it. (the ABS has been out for a while) To fix that is about $6-700.

I also had the car appraised if I were to trade it in. Trade in value is $6250 they said, with the broken catalyc converter and the ABS not working.

So I've got about $2,000 worth of repairs on it, what does everyone think I should do? They had a 2000 GTS Celica there for $15,000 that I test drove and had financed out for me; if I were to buy it. However, as I was leaving it looked like some people were going to buy it...bum deal.

Never thought I would have any of these problems with an Acura! I'm a little ticked off about it...