I need a little help

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 02:14 PM
I'm rich biatch!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need a little help

I went out to my car this weekend and the damn thing would not start. The first 3 or 4 tries it would make a clicking sound (single click, not repeted clicks), then i would turn the key again and nothing. My roomie who is a mechanic looked at it the next day. He checked everything w/ a meter and said it looked fine. He pulled the fuse for the ignition (#9) and after replacing it the damn thing started right up. I had no more problems until today, I went to start it ang got the same single click sound, but on the 3rd try it started right up. It did the same thing 2 more times while i was out, and now it is starting fine again. I know that there is an ignition switch recall for this car but from what i understand this is not the problem that is listed on the recall. It is a problem with the car actually shutting off while driving, but then it starts right back up.Has anyone ever had this problem, or know any tips to help me trouble shoot.?

97 3.0
stock n' a mofo
Old 02-05-2003, 09:58 PM
Work safe avatar bish :D

take it to the dealer and blame it on the recall
Old 02-05-2003, 10:19 PM
Instructor

Check and make sure nothing is draining the battery amps etc.
Old 02-05-2003, 10:36 PM
AWD Torque Monster

clicks usually mean electrical prob. scariest shit ever was right after i hooked my hids up for the first time. as soon as i drove out of the garage everythign in my car went on and off rapidly non stop inlcuding the hids. i was like fuck if they get ruined im bout to have my car stolen. turns out the battery happened to be shit. threw in a spare and problem solved. i thought my car was fucked for sure. never seen such a thing
Old 02-05-2003, 10:47 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's a recall on the '97 ignition switch. Check with your local Acura Dealer.