I need help with aem cai!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 11:14 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need help with aem cai!

Ok....I did a search for instructions to install aem cai into the 3.0 but i can find it...Can some one please help me out here since I dont even know were to start! YeYe Are you from north jersey? Helpp me ooout mannn! You want to put it in for me? lol
Old 02-13-2003, 01:29 AM
AWD Torque Monster

im in union county if u want to take a drive. off exit 141 on gs parkway or exit 43 on 78. let me know. ill do it for $30 and u can check out my cl and custom hid projector setup. need ppl to see it so i can get some business. need $$$$ college got me broke! would have to be sat or sun cuz im off to penn state sun night
Old 02-13-2003, 08:51 AM
I have a slow car!

ok here goes, its very easy. I did mine about a month ago in the snow. First thing you want to do is find the air box and everything attached to it. Take all of the bolts for that out. Disconnect from thethrottle body and disconnect the two lines that run to the intake tube right by the throttle body. Next you are giong to have to take out the plastic pieces that dress up the ingine. THey have little black plastic screws holding them on, turn each screw about a half turn till it unlocks and remove them. Next thing is to take out the splash guard in the wheel well. It is a big plastic piece that keeps the water from splashing to the engine. It is held on with little plastic clips that you have to pop out using a screw driver. There are two more bolts that hold this on. ONe is in the fender well at the bottom front of the car. Next is underneath the front of the car. Pull the resonator (big black thing) out from the front of the car through the splash guard. The top part containing the air filter box and big tube should pull right out now. fit the cai in to make sure you got the right one. NOw secure the cai to the throttle body using the supplied hardware. bold the little mounting tab to the hole that lines up with it. It will not fit perfectly but sufficient to hold it securely. NExt get under the car again and fit the air filter to the end of the tube. Make sure when you put the clamp on the filter to line it up so you can tighten it from inside the engine bay. You may or may not have to remove the battery to do this but if you do, and leave it off for more than 20 minutes it will reset the ecu and speed up the process of the computer learning to compesate for the increased air flow. Good luck with that and if you need more specific help, ill be on here all day, im at work so just pm me.

Chris
Old 02-13-2003, 12:58 PM
Cruisin'

Sounds good thanx for the help....If any one else got some pictures or something will be helpfull to since im not putting it in till tommorow