I Just GotWord That My CL is Totaled . . . Pics to Come. :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 09:41 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Acura3.0CL
WHOA!! Rick...sooo your telling me the headers, rotors, springs, struts, fogs, plugs&wires, and indiglos are all just going to stay on your car and your going to leave them!?!? All theose perfectly good mods and other A-cl members want sooo badly...their just going to sit there and rot???

How much is your time worth to remove a few??? (I really want the fogs & headers and plugs&wires)
I am in desperate need of a prokit/KYBAGX's though... (you should see my car picts..the car looks horrible...looks like a 4X4...)
If that dosnt work...how much is a damn plane ticket from Kansas to DC so I can remove them myself???? lol
I charge my patients $75.00 per hour! :P

The only way I would remove the items that you want is if I bought the car back. I don't have a garage, I don't have the time, it's 15 fucking degrees outside, I'm a single parent with very little free time, and I will NEVER, EVER compress springs again!!!!!

Here's what happened the last time I compressed springs:

Old 01-18-2005, 09:43 PM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by baka_t
Why you ragging on that guy for, many of times I saw you do the same thing and end up not buying the item at all. I don't think you have the rite to bitch at this guy, because i've seen you do the same. Actually, you contradicted yourself in this post about the helix power tower.

notice i said jk.....duh

dude baka calm down im not doing anything right and dont try to mediate this is rick's thread and i was inquiring not requesting or telling anyone anything

take a chill pill man i was as i said "jk"
Old 01-18-2005, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by dustbuster4
I charge my patients $75.00 per hour! :P

The only way I would remove the items that you want is if I bought the car back. I don't have a garage, I don't have the time, it's 15 fucking degrees outside, I'm a single parent with very little free time, and I will NEVER, EVER compress springs again!!!!!

Here's what happened the last time I compressed springs:

OUCH i remember that man

hows everything going besides the car being wrecked?
Old 01-18-2005, 09:48 PM
DamnThisHobby'sExpensive!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Sounds good Rick...I didnt mean to pry...

I do have one last question though...If the insurance company totals the car, it goes to them right? Meaning they take it to some junkyard and drop it off there??

Im serious about Flying to DC to remove the parts myself. Its only a $200 roundtrip and I have an Aunt in DC I can stay with. $200 roundtrip + my personal time for removing parts and shipping them back isnt bad at all.

If the insurance company does take the car, is there any way to find out what happens to it and what junkyard it ends up at? I'd like to call and see about removing parts...
Old 01-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey man, I'm seriously interested in the nitrous system. I don't have a problem picking it up. I would probably need a few pointers on getting it installed though! Let me know if you decide to sell. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o!!!!
Old 01-18-2005, 09:55 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

I'll see if I can find out where the car will be taken.

McfallDan: call me on Friday and we'll talk about the nitrous system.

240-994-6759.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:59 PM
Ted
Burning Brakes

Damn Rick, I'm so to hear what happened to the car . Just glad that you're fine.

It will definitely be a great loss to the acl community to lose you. You've always been very helpful and knowledgeable. I still remember when you first started to mod your car and how much time/effort/money you've put into it, so even though "it's just a car," it really isn't. Most of us love our cars a great deal, and not many members can come close to what you've done with yours. I really do feel for you, she was one of my favorite cl's...

Good luck with your next purchase, and hopefully you'll continue to post here (if only so often).

Old 01-19-2005, 12:12 AM
Suzuka Master

damn rick!!! i'm so sorry to hear this and glad that you decided to walk away from the car at the right moment. you could've been under the car after the hit. the guy that hit you was probably a rubbernecker and was so focused on your breakdown and forgot to look at the road.

anyway, sorry to hear your lost and i feel the pain too!! since yours is one of the best 1st gen cl we have here!! good luck w/ everything and check back often to let us know what you're up to. and thanks for all your help in the 1st gen community!!
Old 01-19-2005, 12:43 AM
Laguna CL

man sad that your car got totaled and ur alright, but daym man, looks like you totaled it at the right time...
saved you tranny rebuild
new car, maybe even another cl to start new with, looks like you got it made to me...
Old 01-19-2005, 01:06 AM
Miss th 3.0

what about the door sills
Old 01-19-2005, 03:20 AM
97 2.2cL black

sorry about the loss, hopefully u recuperate soon.

if u decide to sell parts would u sell the front seats?
Old 01-19-2005, 08:21 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Damn...I would of given the guy a beat down and then sued him for mental anguish. I know how you feel ... My civic was nailed like that, I can't stand to look at a hooked up green civic without having memories. Good luck on the next whip..Type S maybe??
Old 01-19-2005, 10:08 AM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

actually dust when i first got my car i was looking around to see what people had done to the 1st gens becuase i had only seen a couple in my whole life and i came across yours.. wood grain kits, nitrous, sweet wheels... i even searched for wheels like yours to see how much they were.. some of us might not admit this but your acura was a cl that everyone wishes theirs added up to.. good luck in the future and thanks for the ideas..
Old 01-19-2005, 10:53 AM
DOOKS of hazard!!!!

I thought about the M3, but it's too much money for what you get. I really like the car, but I can get equal performance for $20K less. I'll need to think about it.

i think thats a pretty dumb statement. Actually, i'd expect someone who's only driven honda's their whole life to say something like that.

heres a personal experience. Quite a few yrs ago when my mom bought her first bmw i felt the exact same way. it was a bmw 323 conv. i think she payed around 45k for it and i thought that was WAY over priced. But each and everytime i drove it that opinion was pushed more out the window. BMW designers really do take into consideration everything one would experience when driving their cars. It really is an impressive car and after my mother owning it for 4 yrs, i truely feel she made a great investment when she origionally put down that 45k.

infact she recently traded it in for a 2004 mercedes benz sl55 amg....which cost over 120k....and she even said the other day she wish she wouldve just bought a new 3 series. just thought that would interest you.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:28 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by shineynitelite
actually dust when i first got my car i was looking around to see what people had done to the 1st gens becuase i had only seen a couple in my whole life and i came across yours.. wood grain kits, nitrous, sweet wheels... i even searched for wheels like yours to see how much they were.. some of us might not admit this but your acura was a cl that everyone wishes theirs added up to.. good luck in the future and thanks for the ideas..
exactly how I feel/felt. I even bought the same wheels.

Sorry to hear about your car Rick, best of luck with insurance settlement and getting a new car.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:32 AM
Miss th 3.0

yes your car was a model to all of us
Old 01-19-2005, 02:07 PM

Well, I just got a price quote on shipping the car. I have a few options here. Depending on what Rick says when he hears more info about the car, and after I talk to the junk yard (if it ends up there, and they dont steal all the parts) I have 2 options.
1.) I fly to DC and remove the parts myself and ship them back (cost depending)
or 2.) depending on if anyone else is going to want parts also, and if I decide to steal the hood and swap his engine in my CL, I've been getting various price quotes on shipping the car via freight to Kansas, where I can remove the parts I need, swap the engine and hood, sell other various parts, and then scrap the car....

I'm just waiting to hear back from Rick so I can talk to his insurance agent and the junk yard where the car ends up.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:17 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Originally Posted by wakeboardfusion
what about the door sills
The door sills are bent and scuffed (mostly due to my darling 6 year old)! They're not even worth saving!
Old 01-19-2005, 04:31 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Originally Posted by d5c5b
i think thats a pretty dumb statement. Actually, i'd expect someone who's only driven honda's their whole life to say something like that.
Not dumb at all! STI vs M3 I've driven both. Comparable performance (not what you read in the mags, but rather how you ACTUALLY drive on the street) and the STI is $20K cheaper.

'69 Cougar XR7
'71 AMC Javelin SST
'67 Mustang 289 Hi-Po
'87 Camaro

I owned the above cars (plus 3 others) BEFORE ever owning a Honda.

BMWs are " a dime a dozen" around here. I doubt I'd ever buy a 3 Series (except for maybe the M3).

I've driven an '02 S55 AMG (a friends) on several occasions. I love that car!

I'm seriously considering a Hemi Magnum or a Mustang GT.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:32 PM
Pit Stop?

Rick I'm sorry, you're car was one of the top three 1gens EVER! Best of luck to you!
Old 01-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Safety Car

sup dogg, i aint herd from u in FOREVER.... im glad ur alright. sorry bout the ack. my wife had a little "fender bender" a couple of weeks ago... keep us posted on how it comes out. good luck home boy.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:32 PM

Not dumb at all! STI vs M3 I've driven both. Comparable performance (not what you read in the mags, but rather how you ACTUALLY drive on the street) and the STI is $20K cheaper.

'69 Cougar XR7
'71 AMC Javelin SST
'67 Mustang 289 Hi-Po
'87 Camaro

BMWs are " a dime a dozen" around here. I doubt I'd ever buy a 3 Series (except for maybe the M3).

we have the hemi magnum out here for rent rick, that thing is a beast and its cool too

but i think the new nissan titan truck has more power than the hemi, ive driven both and me and the car prep today raced for shits and giggles, and the titan won be almost a car length, and off the line the titan i sweeked the tires in 1st
Old 01-20-2005, 12:13 AM
Advanced

hey man, really sorry to hear. you've been around longer than I have.

not much consolation, but I have a story for you. last year I started a little project and replaced everything on the exterior of my frost white 2.2cl 5 spd. painted the whole car and replaced all the trim but the rear window and tail lights. new headlights, grill, window trim, all the other glass and rubber fittings everywhere. everything. it was perfect. not one flaw.

two weeks later my neighbor backed into me. popped the passenger mirror off, scuffed the fender. thought I was about as pissed as I could get when she tried to lie her way out of it.

couple of weeks after that I drove to my office and the car was in a golf ball sized hail storm. I had it in the shop six weeks before my insurance company declared it a total loss. man I just wasn't ready to give it up.

took a while, but I found a replacement toward the end of last year. 3.0cl black garaged with 28k miles and new car smell. we begin again.

cool that you're ok. major fucking drag about your car.

ps - I knew you were invested, but that scar on your forehead says a lot... and reminds me why I'm scared of springs
Old 01-20-2005, 12:38 AM
7-30-05 First Place STS!

'69 Cougar XR7
'71 AMC Javelin SST
'67 Mustang 289 Hi-Po
'87 Camaro

the new mustang is pimp =)

Old 01-20-2005, 01:17 AM
cor
MR O'NEAL

did they even give you a $$ amount??

just wondering how much insurance would consider your car to be worth?.. they'd probably total our car at what?...$4,000 nowadays?

EDIT: oh yeah, how much would buying it back from insurance cost? any idea?
Old 01-20-2005, 08:12 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Thumbs up

'69 Cougar XR7
'71 AMC Javelin SST
'67 Mustang 289 Hi-Po
'87 Camaro

Good point..Lot of people think BMW and Mercedes are the must have car. I love the M3 myself , my friend has 3 generations of M3's and they are all sweet but for the price forget it. The STi with its AWD would be an awesome alternative to the price tag of an M3 and that Hemi Magnum is no joke. I am an ex-civic owner so I can't stand the Mustang but good luck with the next whip.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:08 AM
cmng 2 a lawschool near u

Its sad to hear about your car, just think that it is better than being hit with you inside the car. Hopefully we will still see you around here every once in a while, I ahve definitely learned a lot from you. Good luck with everything.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:44 PM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
So glad ur ok man...God is good...or else u could have still been under the hood when this happened...btw..the other driver, were they ok?(I may have missed that bit of info)...when you decide what to get let us know...sounds like bmw is whispering in ur ear...
Old 01-20-2005, 03:13 PM
Instructor

sorry to hear about the accident man. but good thing your ok and u werent in the car or in front of the car under the hook when the truck hit.

i was wondering if you'll be selling any of the car parts. I.E. ur right taillight. my taillight got bashed by some haters so i've been looking for a replacement for a while now.

good luck on picking out a new car.

-MENACE
Old 01-20-2005, 03:28 PM
Peace, Love & Acura

OK, that sucks... I am saddened to see such carnage. If only people weren't so attracted to the rear-ends of such lovely cars.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Peace, Love & Acura

Ouch, sorry an...
Old 01-20-2005, 05:00 PM
7-30-05 First Place STS!

Originally Posted by CL Platano
Good point..Lot of people think BMW and Mercedes are the must have car. I love the M3 myself , my friend has 3 generations of M3's and they are all sweet but for the price forget it. The STi with its AWD would be an awesome alternative to the price tag of an M3 and that Hemi Magnum is no joke. I am an ex-civic owner so I can't stand the Mustang but good luck with the next whip.
sad thing is like 90% of sports car owners like the m3, sti, etc...don't let the cars stretch their legs and let their true meaning and potential shine...if you can afford to pay and insure a sports car you should be able to pay for the fees to track on time to time..oh well
Old 01-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Pro

sorry bout the loss dust... thanks for all the good advice in the past!!!
Old 01-21-2005, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by cor
did they even give you a $$ amount??

just wondering how much insurance would consider your car to be worth?.. they'd probably total our car at what?...$4,000 nowadays?

EDIT: oh yeah, how much would buying it back from insurance cost? any idea?

Sooo Rick, any new word on the car status??
Old 01-21-2005, 01:13 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Damn sorry to hear that...been following ur car since i first join ACL u got that 3.0 beef up.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:58 AM
Advanced

Damn, that sucks ass. Hope you don't have to deal with any messy legal issues. It can be a hassle to get stuff from the other side, even if it's their fault.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:25 AM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

I'll find out on Monday which junkyard they took my car to. It was towed on Friday.

I faxed over receipts totaling about $6600 to the claims adjuster on Friday. I pulled about $3300 out of the CL before it was towed. These are original prices and don't account for depreciation.

I'm still not sure what car I'll get as a replacement. I've got some time to decide.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:54 AM
a jawful a somethin awful

Sorry to hear about that man. Good thing you walked away when you did. Someone was watchin' out for ya, and your daughter.
I really wish you would have pulled some of that stuff off man, I need some wheels. oh well.
good luck
Old 01-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Instructor

Wow, that sucks ass! Glad you're okay though. Just like after my accident, you think at first "it's only a car," which it is; but then it sinks in. Sorry for your loss.

I wouldn't get a BMW though - they're good cars, but they're just all over the damn place in Baltimore/DC. It's like they are standard issue for yuppies and their 16-year-old kids. The new Mustangs are cool, but for whatever reason, I've probably only seen 2 or 3 on the road; personally I don't think you could go wrong with one.

Quick Reply: I Just GotWord That My CL is Totaled . . . Pics to Come. :(