I found a better way to connect your iPod to the CL

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006 | 09:48 PM
Banned

I found a better way to connect your iPod to the CL

How many of you have that lame FM transmitter for your iPod? Well I'm gonna show you a much better way. It's a iPod interface that will work with the first gen CLs. It's made by USA SPEC it cost about a $100 and it delivers CD quality audio with the ability to use the steering wheel controls to change songs and volume and it charges the iPod at the same time. It's pretty simple to install you just take apart the center console and plugin the 8pin din to the back of the stock head unit and coincidentally the unit is perfectly sized to fit right beneath the head unit and behind the drawer beneath it. There are a couple models there's the PA10-HON and the PA11-HON, I went with the PA11-HON but I can't remember why. I know USA SPEC doesn't list the CL as a compatible model (I've emailed them about this) but it definitely works perfectly I've been using it everyday for 3 months, and I don't think I could live without it. Sorry I sound like a commercial but I really like this product.

Daniel Smith
Old 03-30-2006 | 11:02 PM
Pro

Ya, there has been posts on this product before. I personally just use the FM transmitter, but that's because I figured I'd use it in places other than my car. Run a search and you'll find the thread discussing it and explaining how to install it.
Old 03-30-2006 | 11:03 PM
Bent = #1

i used the blitzsafe adapter... it sounds similar to what you are describing.. btw I'm selling it for $25 shipped in the black market i'm just trying to get some $ for my carputer
Old 03-30-2006 | 11:34 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Originally Posted by danielsmi
How many of you have that lame FM transmitter for your iPod? Well I'm gonna show you a much better way. It's a iPod interface that will work with the first gen CLs. It's made by USA SPEC it cost about a $100 and it delivers CD quality audio with the ability to use the steering wheel controls to change songs and volume and it charges the iPod at the same time. It's pretty simple to install you just take apart the center console and plugin the 8pin din to the back of the stock head unit and coincidentally the unit is perfectly sized to fit right beneath the head unit and behind the drawer beneath it. There are a couple models there's the PA10-HON and the PA11-HON, I went with the PA11-HON but I can't remember why. I know USA SPEC doesn't list the CL as a compatible model (I've emailed them about this) but it definitely works perfectly I've been using it everyday for 3 months, and I don't think I could live without it. Sorry I sound like a commercial but I really like this product.

Daniel Smith
Nice write up. Should be helpful for anyone going down this path on a stock deck. :thumsbup:

I personally HATE the FM transmitters.
Old 03-31-2006 | 10:07 AM
Korean FIYAH!

$100 is too much for that adapter. I paid less than $60 for mine.
Old 03-31-2006 | 11:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by hornyleprechaun
i used the blitzsafe adapter... it sounds similar to what you are describing.. btw I'm selling it for $25 shipped in the black market i'm just trying to get some $ for my carputer
really, i'll buy it... send me a PM if interested
Old 04-01-2006 | 12:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Musulsa
$100 is too much for that adapter. I paid less than $60 for mine.
Where did you get yours for less than $60? I haven't seen for less than a $100.