I Came, I Searched, I Got Frustrated

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 12:08 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Came, I Searched, I Got Frustrated

k i know noobs r supposed to search the archives and everything when we have a question. but whenever i found sumthin close, i was always left hangin..... so first of all i bought this 97 2.2 cl from a kid who already did sum stuff too it(konig 18s, facias, neons, tint, clarion dvd player w/ flip out screen). now im lookin for some performance mods. i dont have a whole lot of money, so im lookin for something that'll give me the best bang for my buck. first of all, what type of mod would be best- chips, intakes, exhausts (ive been leaning toward the intakes myself). and what are some reliable but not too expensive ones? any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:15 AM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jdalton
k i know noobs r supposed to search the archives and everything when we have a question. but whenever i found sumthin close, i was always left hangin..... so first of all i bought this 97 2.2 cl from a kid who already did sum stuff too it(konig 18s, facias, neons, tint, clarion dvd player w/ flip out screen). now im lookin for some performance mods. i dont have a whole lot of money, so im lookin for something that'll give me the best bang for my buck. first of all, what type of mod would be best- chips, intakes, exhausts (ive been leaning toward the intakes myself). and what are some reliable but not too expensive ones? any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
how much $$$ are you working with?

Also, its always best to start with Intake/Headers/Exhaust if you dont have the $$$ to just go straight to turbo.

if you're looking for something inexpensive, you can go with an AEM short ram intake, OBX SS. Header, and a good muffler with upgraded exhaust piping. I myself have:

AEM Cold Air Intake
OBX Stainless Steel Header
Magnaflow Muffler, 2.25'' catback piping (minus a resonator - a bad idea!)

I did all three installs around the same time, so I definitely felt a huge push in higher RPMS that I didnt feel before.

Hope this helps...

-Alex
Old 09-02-2005, 12:29 AM
Bye Bye CL!!!

Originally Posted by agranado

Also, its always best to start with Intake/Headers/Exhaust if you dont have the $$$ to just go straight to turbo.

if you're looking for something inexpensive, you can go with an AEM short ram intake, OBX SS. Header, and a good muffler with upgraded exhaust piping. I myself have:

AEM Cold Air Intake

I did all three installs around the same time, so I definitely felt a huge push in higher RPMS that I didnt feel before.

Hope this helps...

-Alex

I wouldn't even bother with FI, our small ass engines can't handle to much boost wise anyways (unless u got the money to build it)... go with intake, header, exhaust since ur on a budget. if not swap the b*tch
Old 09-02-2005, 01:56 AM
O.G.

Originally Posted by agranado

AEM Cold Air Intake

Hope this helps...

-Alex

With all that AIR you'll be flying huh? i would invest in a AEM fuel rail with big injectors...costs about 200 or so...money well spenT~!
Old 09-02-2005, 02:14 AM
Flap.

stop recommending fuel mods, without some type of tuning thats just retarded.

first step is to de-rice the car. post pics so we may assist you

id get an intake and a muffler and call it a day if i were you, that car isnt going to be fast no matter what you do to it.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:45 AM
O.G.

Originally Posted by Hobo
stop recommending fuel mods, without some type of tuning thats just retarded.

first step is to de-rice the car. post pics so we may assist you

id get an intake and a muffler and call it a day if i were you, that car isnt going to be fast no matter what you do to it.

wtf are you talking about!?! isnt that tuning?!?! you need to think outside the bun my young grasshopp'a...."call it a day" phhhsss. get real. you can make it fast....just godda be motivated to do so. "id get an intake and a muffler and call it a day if i were you" yeah if you're lazy.

well its up to you...you can do intake and exhaust like, homo...oops i mean hobo but its what you want to do...

no point on making it loud and not go anywhere...
Old 09-02-2005, 07:28 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Headers!!!
Old 09-02-2005, 09:33 AM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

Originally Posted by CL Platano
Headers!!!
header? wtf no way
Old 09-02-2005, 10:19 AM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by CL Platano
Headers!!!

fuck i thought I changed that..

yes, in the second graph, not the first
Old 09-02-2005, 10:24 AM
Revelation 3:15-17

Originally Posted by krazy99cl
wtf are you talking about!?! isnt that tuning?!?! you need to think outside the bun my young grasshopp'a...."call it a day" phhhsss. get real. you can make it fast....just godda be motivated to do so. "id get an intake and a muffler and call it a day if i were you" yeah if you're lazy.

well its up to you...you can do intake and exhaust like, homo...oops i mean hobo but its what you want to do...

I would recommend performance mods in this order.

1. Intake
2. Exhaust
3. Headers
4. Pullies
5. Turbo
6. 300 shot of Nitrous
7. New engine
Old 09-02-2005, 10:55 AM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

buy a new car if you want to go fast
Old 09-02-2005, 11:53 AM
Flap.

your right, i know nothing about cl's.

i said do those sound mods and quit cause the rest is a waste of money, you could do every bolt on and still run 15's with that car.

oh and bolting up a fuel rail isnt tuning, you would need a wideband o2, a dyno, or some pre programmed ecu to run larger injectors and i have seen no evidence that there is even a need for more fuel. as i recall even the people runnign nitrous arent using more fuel, just different plugs and pump.

look around and learn a bit before you resort to name calling, im glad you are excited but the CL is a cruiser, if you want a racecar you came to the wrong place
Old 09-02-2005, 12:13 PM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

^^ hes got a strong point.. look at my mods.. its worth high 14's on street tires
Old 09-02-2005, 12:16 PM
First EVER K24 Turbo CL

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by shineynitelite
buy a new car if you want to go fast
theres ur real answer now... ::
Old 09-02-2005, 08:21 PM
O.G.

Originally Posted by Hobo
your right, i know nothing about cl's.

i said do those sound mods and quit cause the rest is a waste of money, you could do every bolt on and still run 15's with that car.

oh and bolting up a fuel rail isnt tuning, you would need a wideband o2, a dyno, or some pre programmed ecu to run larger injectors and i have seen no evidence that there is even a need for more fuel. as i recall even the people runnign nitrous arent using more fuel, just different plugs and pump.

look around and learn a bit before you resort to name calling, im glad you are excited but the CL is a cruiser, if you want a racecar you came to the wrong place
Bolt on's? 15's...maybe. of course you have to tune or get others things done if you get a mod(some). If you run a intake you have to get an exhaust right? stock will restrict air flow...so what do you do? get an aftermarket exhaust! not saying your wrong but i was sugguesting. you need to stop taking those Haterade shots man.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:44 PM
O.G.

one more thing...all you need is a fuel rail, injectors, adjustable regulator, and a computer(pro)....

***you can fine TUNE your car with this...to run rich or lean***

if thats not tuning i dont know what is.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:21 AM
CL-
Three - Point - OH

one more thing...all you need is a fuel rail, injectors, adjustable regulator, and a computer(pro)....

***you can fine TUNE your car with this...to run rich or lean***

if thats not tuning i dont know what is.
I agree... all that I/H shit is stupid.... just dump fuel in that lil 2.2.. I'll sure you will get somewhere..