how much hp with this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 04:27 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much hp with this?

Whats up,

I'm going to be getting some mods over the summer and I was wondering how much hp it will give me. I have a 97 3.0. I'm getting an aem cold air intake, the greddy evo exhaust, and some type of headers, not really sure what kind yet (I'm kinda waiting to see what the greddy ones are going to be like). How much do you think this will cost me?

I was also wondering what a port and polish is. Do you get hp gains from it? How much does it cost? (I did a search on this but i couldn't find anything)

Thanx
Old 05-29-2003, 06:53 PM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

Welcome to the board!

Those mods will run you about 2G's and that's without the P-n-P job. The Comptech headers are the most expensive, and easiest to install. The OBX headers are good, but you need to slightly modify them when you install them. What HP gains you get, I dunno, I never had a dyno on my car, but someone has. I can tell you that you will notice the difference in sound level - it saoundds deeper aand meaner, and in pickup. you will lose a little MPG on the gasoline side, but you do gain a few 1/10ths while running your baby.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:06 PM
Intermediate

Thanx,
i had a guy in dover who said that he would do intake and exhaust for $600. I'm hopin with headers it won't be $2000. All the greddy headers seem to be under $500 dollars. I'm just hopin they come out with them before the end of the summer.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:05 PM
Work safe avatar bish :D

get the obx and save some money over the comptech. PM dustbuster he has them on his ride. maybe he could give you some pointers.
Old 05-30-2003, 02:32 AM
Cause stock sux.

Comptech = no bends needed + dyno proven. Expensive though. But I think the gains are more.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:37 PM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

Maybe, but I only paid my local MIDAS muffler shop $10 to have my OBX header pipe bent 1 inch to fit my car. Dustbuster helped me with the install which took a couple of hours, and I saved $700 over them Comptech headers. If you are into saving loot, go with the OBX and have them bent to fit. Comptech is a proven name, but also a bit too expensive in my book.

BTW, I'd race my OBX headers on my car vs. any car with the same mods and Comptech headers. I figured since I saved $700 I got nothing to lose!