Honestly?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 09:13 AM
Miss th 3.0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so the cl is ugly, i guess it wasnt ugly to the guy in the viper back when i had my coilovers and rims on, and then he smoked me...lol
Old 09-20-2005, 09:22 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
The CL is only slow if you let it be. There is a lot you can do to it. Ported & polished head, upgraded cams, upgraded pistons, upgrades throttle body, upgraded ignition, upgraded intake, strap on a turbo. Thats only on the stock f22-f23 engine. Thats not even touching an h-22 swap. The 2.3-2.3 is only 100 pounds heavier than a 2 door accord (i did my homework lol), and i have seen some pretty fast accords....The thing that most people like myself like about them is that you never see them...Not like accords and civics that you see everyday. I rarely see one once a week. DAMN I LOVE MY CL!!! And to think i was gonna let her go...FOOK that! All this talk about ricers, i saw a civic this morning on my way to work that the wing was higher than the car...LMAO....I almost crashed from the uncontrollable laughing!
Old 09-20-2005, 10:12 AM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IGotThatCrack
UTSMOKEY......... STFU!!!!! Stop smoking whatever that got you on that trip and damn son get your first piece of ass so you can feel better about yourself and your car....
hey hey.. no reason to get crazy now. But yes, the general consensus has been reached methinks. :twocents:
Old 09-20-2005, 12:19 PM
CL 4 LYFE

lol..
Old 09-20-2005, 12:28 PM
Racer

your car must be giving you alot of problems huh..... i think you'd be better off with a civic.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:17 PM
1997 White CL - Cocaine

Lol
Old 09-20-2005, 01:21 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
Originally Posted by rustyskim7
your car must be giving you alot of problems huh..... i think you'd be better off with a civic.
Yeah, then you can be fast and furious.

I think we're all pretty much in agreement here, we understand that you are frustrated with your car, but we all love our cl's and have big plans or expectations for where they can go. Not all of us care if our car is as fast as a race car, cuz most all of us know that we bought a luxury car, not a race car. If you're not happy with your cl, then as it was said b4 it's probably not the car for you. But we all love our cars, and don't necessarily agree with you bein a toward our cars, cuz we all don't need 9 second cars.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:23 PM
fear and Loathing

well you would never believe how many people ask me what kind of car it in in the first place and how many people say its a beautiful car. i love the CL and everyone does something a little bit diffrent from eachother, all cl new or old beat or not are beautiful cars to me, i have said in the pst that certine people have ruined there car by doin different things but when u really look at it everyhting just trying to do what they see there car as and what they see is a platform that not many people other use to mod. we are different and i hope someone around you blows ur doors off in there cl
Old 09-20-2005, 05:54 PM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
I like it. I think it's a cool car to fuck with. No one would expect much from it, that's what caught my attention. goodluck on your next car!
Old 09-20-2005, 06:35 PM
One custom CL

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Sorry but I did not read any of the responces to this thread. Jumping strait to the answer.

1. Dude! You have some major issues with the image of things because regardless of how shitty your car is you dont say its shit because what does that make you. If you dont like your car sell it even if it means you cannot buy another one with the $2000 that the Cl is worth. (bullshit)

2. Correction our cars might be slow but they are not ugly. By slow I mean 2.2-2.3. No offence.

3. You are 16 years old. We respect opinions regardless of age but you haven't had a car old enough to decide whats fast and whats not.

4. Our cars are not that slow compared to most cars similar to ours out there on the road. Hell for sure my H22 is pretty fast.

5. I take a shit load of pride in my slow ugly car even though iv put in enough money to buy myself a new one but I dont care because its my car and I love it. You should see me driving down the block. I'm sure ull say look at that cocky fuck with the ugly car. Only you have an ugly car too so get rid of it.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:51 PM
204,000+ &still REPPIN

heres my . . .
for a really heavy 2 seater . . .its great . . .first of all its a acura (HONDA) which means that it going to last u as long as u do. i love this car, i started out a year ago with a 1988 honda prelude, at the time i thought that car was beautiful .. .little was i wrong, u want to talk about a pain in the ass . . .overheating everyewhere, missing shifts, annoying rattling noise, but worst off all, a hazmat teams dream of an interior. there was more water in the car than outside during a storm. i was the happiest person when my dad got me the CL at such a great deal. (800 for car...700 to rebuild tranny), and even though it may not be the quickest off the line it still kicks ass later on . . . i love it . . .
Old 09-20-2005, 07:28 PM
B A N N E D

word
Old 09-20-2005, 07:44 PM
1999 CL3.0

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by UTsmokey14
I was just wondering how you guys honestly take pride in driving first gen cl's. Theyre ugly, slow, shitty, and boring. The possibilities are extremely limited with them, they look like complete and utter shit.
honestly.

i dont think ive ever felt this way about a member,

but your completely insane and stupid
Old 09-20-2005, 07:57 PM
That's Racist

why would you even buy a car that you thought was ugly to begin with?

Not a very smart way to spend 6g's man... =/
Old 09-20-2005, 08:00 PM
1999 CL3.0

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i bet his folks baught him the car

hes not satisfied untill he gets a bmw
Old 09-20-2005, 08:09 PM
That's Racist

Hah, well... this is my situation. The CL-S I'm driving was purchased in 2002 ('01 Type S) for basically $30,000. I drive it for a year and a half, and some new info comes up.

-My car's value is probably @ about $12-13. i'd be lucky if I could sell it for that much.

-The car interior rattles occasionaly. Something that I wouldn't expect out of a $30k car.

-The car's transmission is a piece of shit.

Despite this, I absolutely love the car, and will drive it until it dies (probably the transmission). The quality level of your car is what you perceive it to be, in addition to how well you take care of it.

Take the CL for what it is with a spoonful of sugar. It's a comfortable entry level luxo cruiser backed by a good name. It's not the best @ everything, but it's damn good for what your money gets you.

I don't even like the 1st gen body style that much, but a lot of the board members here have made their rides look absolutely hot as hell.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:19 PM
Peace, Love & Acura

Talking Sell that motha...

Well, I have to say... I've seen both ends of the spectrum represented here in this thread. Common thoughts... I love my CL, the Mistress. She is pretty and fast... very sexy on the road after a fresh wax and that tire shine stuff. My first car was an 85 model Civic wagovan. I drove it to a whopping 289,000 miles, I got it at 155,000 as a birthday present. My next car was a 91 Integra, ownership starting at 123,000 ... ending at 193,000 miles when it was rear-ended. That car and the civic were bought and paid for. Well, I sold the civic in 2002 and got the CL last year after the Integra was totaled. I have spent plenty of cash on her... 2nd transmission club... But I wouldn't trade her. She has very sexy lines. If you don't like the car, fucking sell it. I couldn't really tell what type of car you want. You might be better off with a Silverato pickup. I don't think many if any of us care how much you hate your car. Sell it. go buy something else. It deserves a more dedicated owner anyway. Oh, if you can't sell it... post a pic, I'd prolly give you $2,200 for it no problem... I am sure my wife would like it, if it is really in as good of condition as you say it is.

Good luck.

Hell, I wish I could buy Precious off of Wilp99, at least I wouldn't have to name her.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:25 PM
Peace, Love & Acura

You know, I forgot to say that my CL, the sleeper that she is, still gets plenty of looks. My next two projects after some paint and my new spoiler will be springs to match my KYB AGXs and a set of Stone headers with custom piping. I love the Mistress very much and I will certainly continue to make her more and more mine one mod at a time.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:43 PM
The new ride

Yeah seriously, why did you buy it if you thought it was ugly? i think it looks so nice, it is really unique, stands out, and it's rare. All of us love that about our CL's. For the price, it is such a nice car, ive been asked twice if I bought it new (by people who knew I got it back in May '05) and im like uhh no its.. 8 years old, yikes. many other people thought it was only a few years old. I get lots of compliments and everyone loves the CL, I gues its just not the car for you.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:03 PM
you ghey dawg!

i just cant believe you think cl's are slow!! i mean there is a difference between a 2.2/2.3 and a 3.0. I dont think stock 200 hp is like any kind of porchse or anything but a stock v6 vtec 3.0 isnt slow at all especially if you put a few mods on to it. No offense to the 2.3's but i love my 3.0 and im glad i went with that instead but i really do wish they made them with a 5 speed tranny also.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:06 PM
Peace, Love & Acura

to his (UTSmokey's) motha...
Old 09-20-2005, 10:56 PM
97 2.2cL black

Originally Posted by dragon084
honestly.

i dont think ive ever felt this way about a member,

but your completely insane and stupid
Old 09-20-2005, 11:00 PM
O.G.

Old 09-20-2005, 11:01 PM
O.G.

enuff said.!
Old 09-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Advanced

ok so I never post. ask anybody. your pedantic whining, however, amuses me. to a point, anyway. nonetheless, your little drama / trauma is hilarious enough to warrant some kind of response.

so what happened? somebody stole christmas and took away your birthday?

honestly? I dig these cars. original and suites my sense of style. conservative, ok, but try to find a car this clean with a central axis and pointed ends and tail lights and trunks shaped like the these prior to cl in 97. now they're everywhere and the damned thing still looks current. it's simple. acura did it first and did it better. either you don't get it or you're looking for reassurance with some passive aggressive little speech.

I mean damn, dude, if you didn't act like you hate your car so much you'd have laughed in the face that "professional". better yet, point and laugh. 2.2K for a 2.2? you get it, right? cause you're acting like you don't get it. man that only means your "professional" either has a good sense of humor or ain't clever enough to see the humor in that quote.

oh, the open minded thing? can't really do that cause I've had two of these cars.

I had to surrender my first cl last year. pristine 97 frost white 2.2 5 speed, every factory option available, and I'd repainted, replaced every little bit of trim, new glass, lights, etc down to windshield wiper arms. no orange peel. thing of beauty. couple of months later it was totalled in a baseball-size hail storm. 72k miles and the settlement was over 10k.

but see I liked that car and I wasn't through sitting in it. it took me a while but I found someone who'd taken care of a black 97 3.0 with 28k miles like I take care of my cars, so I bought another one and like it even better than the first.

about that gas mileage, I drive real fucking fast and couldn't get much less than 29 mpg in the 2.2. the 3.0 is different, but I'm still around 27+ commuting and still real fucking fast. I say drive it like you want and fix it when you break it and keep it tuned. seriously.

on the other hand, you posting this stuff on this particular forum... now that's the funny part.

make the right call. buy a different car and call it a day. and don't accept a 2k trade-in.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:49 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Originally Posted by marko_RENAMED
ok so I never post. ask anybody. your pedantic whining, however, amuses me. to a point, anyway. nonetheless, your little drama / trauma is hilarious enough to warrant some kind of response.

so what happened? somebody stole christmas and took away your birthday?

honestly? I dig these cars. original and suites my sense of style. conservative, ok, but try to find a car this clean with a central axis and pointed ends and tail lights and trunks shaped like the these prior to cl in 97. now they're everywhere and the damned thing still looks current. it's simple. acura did it first and did it better. either you don't get it or you're looking for reassurance with some passive aggressive little speech.

I mean damn, dude, if you didn't act like you hate your car so much you'd have laughed in the face that "professional". better yet, point and laugh. 2.2K for a 2.2? you get it, right? cause you're acting like you don't get it. man that only means your "professional" either has a good sense of humor or ain't clever enough to see the humor in that quote.

oh, the open minded thing? can't really do that cause I've had two of these cars.

I had to surrender my first cl last year. pristine 97 frost white 2.2 5 speed, every factory option available, and I'd repainted, replaced every little bit of trim, new glass, lights, etc down to windshield wiper arms. no orange peel. thing of beauty. couple of months later it was totalled in a baseball-size hail storm. 72k miles and the settlement was over 10k.

but see I liked that car and I wasn't through sitting in it. it took me a while but I found someone who'd taken care of a black 97 3.0 with 28k miles like I take care of my cars, so I bought another one and like it even better than the first.

about that gas mileage, I drive real fucking fast and couldn't get much less than 29 mpg in the 2.2. the 3.0 is different, but I'm still around 27+ commuting and still real fucking fast. I say drive it like you want and fix it when you break it and keep it tuned. seriously.

on the other hand, you posting this stuff on this particular forum... now that's the funny part.

make the right call. buy a different car and call it a day. and don't accept a 2k trade-in.
i could not have said it any better myself.....

On another note, stop calling the damn 2.3's slow, With a few mods they can whoop on the 3.0's....Stock yes, but not modded....GRRRRRRRR
Old 09-20-2005, 11:56 PM
Si says "shut the fuk up"

Honestly....i think all u guys scared him off this fourm for life....
Old 09-21-2005, 12:36 AM
First EVER K24 Turbo CL

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Well, if you dont like it, get rid of it. No one is really putting a gun towards your head saying to keep it. Common sense would tell you, if you dont like something get rid of it and get something you like. So please stop your whining. kthnxbi

FYI: I love cls'. Love them so much, I totalled one, and get another lol.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:39 AM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

i used to hate my cl, when i bought my car i was looking for a san marino 2 dr accord. I did buy it becuase it was a manual and i wasnt a fan of the 4 cyl 2 dr accords tho..

for months and months i couldnt stand looking at my car. i loved the car while i was in it, because i loved the interior and didnt realize how unhappy w/ the outside i was. every time i walked away from my car i wouldnt look, knowing i would be dissapointed with what i saw..

modding:

put my springs/struts into my car.. omfg i loved my car >> it looked 100x more attractive!! i couldnt have been happier.. then of course i got the wheels (thanks to my clman), painted the calipers and now, after i park my car and walk away.. i will turn around while i'm walking and look.. maybe 2 times..

as for performance.. my cars still slow, but i can beat most mustangs and a few camaros
Old 09-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Revelation 3:15-17

Originally Posted by lnsyone
There is no reason to flame, but IMO you just bought the wrong car for the wrong reasons. This is a CL enthusiasts board. I guarantee you 96% of the majority love their CL's to death. The CL is a beautiful car, and I love it. I'd drive any CL especially an Acura over any Toyota Camry/Solara/Corolla/Celica/Tercel or Nissan Sentra/Maxima/Altima or Mazda 3/Protege 5/blah blah or whatever car in the same class (of course disregarding all natural sports cars). I agree that parts are limited, but that's what makes it unique. Like I had said before, you bought the wrong car. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.

- lnsyone

I couldn't agree anymore.

Overall: Same gen Civics, Accords, Preludes, Integras, and all the cars mentioned above do not amount to a CL and it's unique look. Not to mention that our interior OWNS all those cars interior's. I get mad compliments from people, and also see a lot of peeps breaking neck when they see my rolling by. I think the reason why you're so upset at your car is because it's a 2.X. If you were looking for a faster CL maybe you should have bought a 3.0 (although it's auto). 3.0 might not be the fastest but they certainly hold their own or a 3.2 type S.

Try this: Post pics of any of the cars mentioned above and we'll post pics of our CL's...maybe you'll appreciate it more.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Instructor

A few things I hate about the CL also:

Man, you can't freaking takes curves with speed in this car. Tires screech and you feel the car pull outside the curve fast, it realllly doesnt hold the road in stock form.

It is underpowered a little bit. It should have came stock with a 240 hp and 220 tq.

Oh and talk about trying to do a U-turn with this car. You need alot of room, it has the turning cycle of a big truck.

Otherwise, I like it, but I'm not seeing myself more than 2 years with it.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:31 PM
AWD Torque Monster

Originally Posted by UTsmokey14
Each and every thing they looked at was "above average for age" and "above average overall" yet the car was worth a whopping $2,200 USD.
-Drew

im convinced this is a bait thread. but 2.2K for a mint 97 2.2? that is not true at all. i sold my 2.2cl for 10k not even a year ago and blue book was 8k. if your car is as nice as you say its worth 6k easy.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:34 PM
Revelation 3:15-17

Maybe 2.2k in an auction.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:35 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
Originally Posted by VXCL
im convinced this is a bait thread. but 2.2K for a mint 97 2.2? that is not true at all. i sold my 2.2cl for 10k not even a year ago and blue book was 8k. if your car is as nice as you say its worth 6k easy.
I knew you'd weigh in eventually mike
Old 09-21-2005, 01:37 PM
CL 4 LYFE

I have OmniPower sport coilovers inside the 3.0 I drive, and the car can handle very well- way better than stock w/ no other suspension mods.

P.S. I like to drive hard.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

I think the point of this thread was to get us talking about how much we love our cars.. its a good thing, sometimes we expect things to always be right. Were spoiled because dont drive Ford's. Ive been having sooo many problems with my car lately, and ive had moments where ive wanted to drive it into a wall. but i really really love my car, and itll all be fixed soon. And as for the 'professional appraisal' its like a doctor, u just keep going to another one until they give u the perscription u want! Lol
Old 09-21-2005, 04:11 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Originally Posted by CLDude
A few things I hate about the CL also:

Man, you can't freaking takes curves with speed in this car. Tires screech and you feel the car pull outside the curve fast, it realllly doesnt hold the road in stock form.

It is underpowered a little bit. It should have came stock with a 240 hp and 220 tq.

Oh and talk about trying to do a U-turn with this car. You need alot of room, it has the turning cycle of a big truck.

Otherwise, I like it, but I'm not seeing myself more than 2 years with it.
I totally agree with the turning radius...They suck at the turn radius... But as for taking turns fast, lower that shit then get back to us...I can take a turn pretty fast without breaking the stock tires....
Old 09-21-2005, 04:12 PM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by SwervinCL
I totally agree with the turning radius...They suck at the turn radius... But as for taking turns fast, lower that shit then get back to us...I can take a turn pretty fast without breaking the stock tires....
meh.. Turn radius isnt THAT bad... if you know what you're doing
Old 09-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Safety Car

Bad resale value? I bought mine in dec. 03 for 8900 put 25k on it, and sold it aug. 03 for 8600.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:15 PM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by 98CLChick
Bad resale value? I bought mine in dec. 03 for 8900 put 25k on it, and sold it aug. 05 for 8600.

Quick Reply: Honestly?