holy sh*t...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 01:39 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holy shit...

For all of you who dont have a CAI i suggest u buy one as soon as you can.. i just purchased one today and wow..BIG difference.. plus the sound when you hit VTEC is out of this world.. it is insanly LOUD!!!!..

I LOVE IT

Its a Reactive one
Old 12-13-2002, 01:42 PM
acura-cl.com OG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you have a cai or short ram? The short rams are louder that cais. ALso, lets see some pics of yor ride, seems like you have done some unique mods.
Old 12-13-2002, 02:51 PM
Racer

I've heard many others say that a pipe is a pipe and so I took it for what it's worth and made my own. Well, a cold air extension that is. ding069 is right, it is a lot louder but it also has an annoying low humming tone that is irritable to those outside and around the car, especially in a parking garage. A cold air intake doesn't have that hum from what I noticed and gives one hell of a boost in HP. Not noticeable as much going from short ram to CAI but very noticeable from stock without resonator. When VTEC kicks in it is just a little louder in short rams than in CAI's

I had a short ram from ProCarParts and for almost a year now been looking to purchase just an extension and couldn't find one. So I went to my home depot and bought 3" PVC pipe and the black Rubber Connector, bolted that on to the other pipe and bolted the filter on to the end and voila!! What a complete difference. I love it.

So all in all, I would also recommend everyone who thinks about getting a short ram get a Cold Air Intake. Get a Bypass Valve for safety.

Damn! What a long post! Sorry Folks!

-James-
Old 12-13-2002, 04:17 PM
tlac356

I remember those days, Back when I got my intake, no one knew what a turbo was, swap-What??, back then, you could have an intake and exaust, and your car was fast