help:performance chip

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 11:28 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help:performance chip

anyone know where i can find a chip that helps with revs and controls fuel injection better than stock chip in 97 2.2cl
Old 03-09-2005, 12:15 AM
Registered

you can get the VAFC, that is what most people use on here. it is not a chip though it is a Vtec Air Fuel Controller.

im sure someone else can shed some more light on this or you can try doing a search on this forum for vafc see what that gives you
Old 03-10-2005, 03:18 PM
~ The Endless One ~

185mph in a Hennessey Viper
Old 03-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Trailblazer = SUCK

nothing does it better than the stock chip unless you have considerable mods. plus you cant chip a 97+ (obdII) car.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Flap.

get some real mods first, and no that 15 dollar resistor you bought on ebay doesnt count
Old 03-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Safety Car

yea vafc is prolly ur best bet
Old 03-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Saucin

Originally Posted by Hobo
get some real mods first, and no that 15 dollar resistor you bought on ebay doesnt count
do those things even fucking work? and wth do they do anyway?
Old 03-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Trailblazer = SUCK

all they do is make the ecu think there is more air entering the im than there really is. so the ecu spits out more fuel. most hondas besides the newest ones run part rich anyway so i wouldnt imagine seeing any positive results out of it.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Saucin

ohh well its like 6 nucks so ill buy one just to see if it really works and post it on here lol, ive got nothing better to do
Old 03-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Flap.

Originally Posted by bkmc24
ohh well its like 6 nucks so ill buy one just to see if it really works and post it on here lol, ive got nothing better to do

it doesnt do shit.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:27 PM
I'm a llama :(

WTF is with all the damn chip threads lately?!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 06:16 AM
Saucin

Originally Posted by Hobo

it doesnt do shit.
i guess ill find that out huh.... did u try it or something?
Old 03-11-2005, 08:39 AM
Trailblazer = SUCK

why don't you spend that 6 dollars on gas. it would be money better spent.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:42 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
Originally Posted by LCARUCA 97
why don't you spend that 6 dollars on gas. it would be money better spent.
Waste of $$, I looked into these as well. Not worth it But VAFC,
Old 03-11-2005, 08:50 AM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if we get 25+ people UniChip will design one for us like they did for the 2nd Gen guys, i think they got like around 20 or so hp out of it but it was like 700 bucks

but just an idea

they can do it we just need the people confirmed with cash so they can R&D one and then have one available for sale
Old 03-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Flap.

i guess ill find that out huh.... did u try it or something?

i understand basically how electronics and cars work, and this does nothing...

you are a retard if you come to a place like this, ask a stupid question, get an answer to set you straight, then still go against the advice, do you know how many times this question and all the other noobie questions you want to ask have been answered, this is a great place full of info, use it.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Saucin

you know the funny thing is i didnt start the thread or ask the ??? so ohh well, and if the shit doesnt work ohh well ill sell it to a friend who is dumb enough to believe me so yeah.and i dont need to use the money for gas considering i dont pay for it
Old 03-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Saucin

and what if somehow it works a little bit and no one on here tried it and i did and told people that then they do it and were happy bout it, so in a way its not a waste of time and fyi im not a noob, was before and ive been educated and im not gioing against advice given, cuz i didnt ask if i should do it or not i asked wth they did
Old 03-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Trailblazer = SUCK

you know the funny thing is i didnt start the thread or ask the ??? so ohh well, and if the shit doesnt work ohh well ill sell it to a friend who is dumb enough to believe me so yeah.and i dont need to use the money for gas considering i dont pay for it
sounds to me like you are a spoiled little brat who doesnt know dick about cars. and your friends should have no problem buying that off you, they were dumb enough to be your friend in the first place.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:13 PM
Trailblazer = SUCK

and what if somehow it works a little bit and no one on here tried it and i did and told people that then they do it and were happy bout it, so in a way its not a waste of time
and what if flying plastic monkies come flying out of my butt? either way, it aint happening. are you going to anaylze the results on the butt dyno?
Old 03-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Saucin

and what if flying plastic monkies come flying out of my butt? either way, it aint happening. are you going to anaylze the results on the butt dyno?
^^^^you are quite gay

sounds to me like you are a spoiled little brat who doesnt know dick about cars. and your friends should have no problem buying that off you, they were dumb enough to be your friend in the first place.
wow, your soo smart, i dont know anything about cars. too true although for some dumb ass reason, i plan on majoring in mechanical engineering, but i dont know dick about cars. i know some shit bout cars bro and i dont think people are dumb if they are my friends cuz im not a dick like you so yeah have fun with those monkeys in your ass and all cock
and im not spoiled, i earn my stuff but doing work for my parents round the house so fuck you
Old 03-11-2005, 07:30 PM
H22 Black Ack

Now Now..... Calm down children. LOL!
Very entertaining. Have either of you ever seen Menace II Society? With MC Eight? OLD Skool movie.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:53 PM
Trailblazer = SUCK

Old 03-12-2005, 04:27 PM
7-30-05 First Place STS!

^^^^you are quite gay

wow, your soo smart, i dont know anything about cars. too true although for some dumb ass reason, i plan on majoring in mechanical engineering, but i dont know dick about cars. i know some shit bout cars bro and i dont think people are dumb if they are my friends cuz im not a dick like you so yeah have fun with those monkeys in your ass and all cock
and im not spoiled, i earn my stuff but doing work for my parents round the house so fuck you
please take this as advice and not an attack on you...but just because you plan on being a mechanical engineer doesn't mean you know anything about car...even if you DO become a mechanical engineer doesn't mean you WILL know anything about cars...the engineering field is a very large field and working on cars is probably 1% of the entire field mechanical engineers can be working for...even if you DO work as an engineer to design cars, doesn't mean you will know how that car will operate...starting, you will be stuck designing one small part of the car (and it could be designing how to make a door handle) and not the entire car itself...shit my bro is 3rd year engineer at purdue and i know more shit than he does lol...just to let you know about the industry before you get yourself into it

now back on topic: a aftermarket chip won't do shit....even STOCK EVERY SINGLE ENGINE breathes differently and requires different amounts of air and fuel...the chip becomes even more worthless as you put on boltons and even more so when you really start modding the engine....the chip manufacturers don't know what your car needs and no one will know until it's on a dyno...if you want to do electronics do it right and use atleast a vafc or higher

if you owned a vw and wanted an aftermarket chip "download" it would be a different story and i wouldn't have said what i said above
Old 03-12-2005, 09:26 PM
Saucin

Originally Posted by azian21485
please take this as advice and not an attack on you...but just because you plan on being a mechanical engineer doesn't mean you know anything about car...even if you DO become a mechanical engineer doesn't mean you WILL know anything about cars...the engineering field is a very large field and working on cars is probably 1% of the entire field mechanical engineers can be working for...even if you DO work as an engineer to design cars, doesn't mean you will know how that car will operate...starting, you will be stuck designing one small part of the car (and it could be designing how to make a door handle) and not the entire car itself...shit my bro is 3rd year engineer at purdue and i know more shit than he does lol...just to let you know about the industry before you get yourself into it

now back on topic: a aftermarket chip won't do shit....even STOCK EVERY SINGLE ENGINE breathes differently and requires different amounts of air and fuel...the chip becomes even more worthless as you put on boltons and even more so when you really start modding the engine....the chip manufacturers don't know what your car needs and no one will know until it's on a dyno...if you want to do electronics do it right and use atleast a vafc or higher

if you owned a vw and wanted an aftermarket chip "download" it would be a different story and i wouldn't have said what i said above
yeah me n lc are cool tho i was grouchy cuz ive been sick for a while but my mom said shed pay for the chip since it was cheap and shed take offense to it if i told her i didnt want to get it cuz shed think i didnt want her to pay for it so im getting it anyway and if it works somehwhat cool cuz really all im gonna do next to the cl is maybe clear corners clutch and flywheel then save for an h22 but yeah

anyway, what all do you know about what mechanical engineers do cuz i reallyd like to do it but idk much about it exctept some of them design the car engine and stuff but what all do they do?
Old 03-13-2005, 01:39 AM
7-30-05 First Place STS!

i don't know much about the field but only things that my friends and brother who are in the field tell me...well mechanical engineering is probably the MOST broadest fields someone could ever go into...and many get the misconception that a mechanical engineer only designs thing "mechanical" which has moving parts, gears, hydrolics whatever...but in the field you can be designing anything from a shoe shelf and where/how to screw in the screws to keep it together (one of my friends was doing this) to building construction equipment for companies like catipiller or something

keep in mind again that most people think they're gonna be part of this huge team that together designed an entire car together, for example, and everyone knows the entire car inside and out like a close knit family...but this is not the case...low ranking engineers will be stuck doing small work like designing a mount or a clip or something...then as the ranks get higher you start overlooking designs of systems such as the spring or shock placement...then it keeps going up and only really high (and probably experieced/old) enginners will be the ones who actually overlook the entire design of a car..as far as engine work you could be stuck designing like a bolt or something lol...but you see where this is going

yeah engineering sounds fun and exciting but it really isn't until you get up really high (sorta like being in the navy seals i guess)...not trying to discourage you or anything...but it WAS something i really wanted to do...but some things aren't meant for everyone....the pay is pretty damn good though from what i've seen lol
Old 03-13-2005, 10:02 AM
Saucin

hell yeah they pay good, my math teachers husband is an engineer for honda and she doesnt make shit and they have an integra type r, civic si, wrx wagon, an sti and a civic hatch that runs like 12's
Old 03-13-2005, 10:58 PM
I'm a llama :(

www.jetchip.com sells an ECU upgrade. The one person who tried it feels the car is going faster.
However since the ECU can not be reprogrammed, it is unclear how the upgrade could possibly work.
Piggyback chips have little to no long-term effect since the ECU will adapt itself to whatever chip is put around it.
Forum members are still waiting for dynos to confirm that the ECU upgrade actually does anything.
At the October 2001 SEMA show, AEM revealed their ECU mod. It has the following specs:
Writable
Easily tunable with PC - RS232
Intelligence built in will include mappings for Acura cars with a new trim correction algorithm
Timing advance and retard in manual and intelligent operation
VTEC engagement management
Optimized controls for transmission shift points]
Not CARB approved - offroad use only. Not Legal in California.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:02 PM
Saucin

i tihnk the jet thing is like the venom 400 would be a guess from me cuz they looked somewhat the same