HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2001 | 11:11 PM
Drifting

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally got my indiglo gauges tonight ..........while putting them on I busted my temp. needle I am pretty pissed rt now...what i wanna know (if anyone is willing to admit it) has anyone else did this b4 and where and how much did it cost for a new one? i cant even drive my car rt now...so pleeeeese any ideas or sugg would be greatly appreciated.thanks in advance!

------------------
Old 04-10-2001 | 12:46 AM
Advanced

Ya, I did it, but with my gas gauge. Broke the needle clean off. I was lucky enough to find someone on e-bay selling a cluster. If you would have broke it a week ago, I would have had the temp gauge. I just sold it to someone who did the same thing as me (and you). Keep checking e-bay and your local junkyard.

------------------
'97 2.2CL (5 spd)cleared bumbers, pedals, superwhite gauges, stock chromed rims (wanted to keep the original CL feel)Sony ES CDX-M750 head unit,Nokia hands free kit,35% on the windows..
http://24.48.88.82/acura.htm
Old 04-10-2001 | 03:24 AM
Everybody Wang Chung

Yeah I am the other fool that broke the needle. Good luck finding one.

------------------
97 2.2 Cl
Clear signals, pioneer P8000 cd player, 4 12" Kicker Competition, Old school punch 100
Old 04-10-2001 | 05:21 AM
Pro

I just installed mine today. How did u guys break them? Wierd. be careful guys.

------------------
1997 Acura 2.2 CL (5spd)

-Mod list too long to load
-If you ask me if I have that mod... my reply would be probably yes.
-Have any questions about the car... I'll try to help.
-Is my car fast? ... comon be real, even with a Prelude motor it still wouldn't be.
Old 04-10-2001 | 10:52 AM
Instructor

LOL, LOL, LOL. I broke my gas needle off also. I just super glued mine back on and i fill up when my light goes on. I also know that my light will light up around 225-235miles on a tank.

When you bought a new cluster did you just take the temp part out and change it, or did you just put the entire cluster in and roll back/forward the odometer????

------------------
1997 Acura CL 3.0 Premium
Custom Mesh Grill, Tinted Tail Lights, Tinted Windows, Tinted License Plate cover, Hyper White Headlights, Hyper White Side Markers, Hyper White Blinkers, Hyper White Parking Lights, 3A Racing Fog Lights, Clear Bumper Lenses, Indiglo Acura Emblem, Indiglo Gauges, 2 15" neon tubes, Neon License Plate Frame in the trunk.
All very small mods. NO engine NO sound
Old 04-10-2001 | 04:43 PM
Drifting

THANKS TO ALL THAT RESPONDED.....I called up the Acura dealer and they are giving me one for $35...........but they have to special order it.........is $35-40 a lot for a temp gauge? So if anyone else breaks theres just call up ur local dealer.peace!

------------------
Old 04-10-2001 | 10:52 PM
Advanced

Dude, that's a good price, they didn't even want to do that for me, they wanted me to buy a whole cluster or none.
Hey Woodsdaddy, sent it out yesterday, look for it in a couple of days!!

------------------
'97 2.2CL (5 spd)cleared bumbers, pedals, superwhite gauges, stock chromed rims (wanted to keep the original CL feel)Sony ES CDX-M750 head unit,Nokia hands free kit,35% on the windows..
Old 04-10-2001 | 10:56 PM
Advanced

Ruski: no, I just replaced the gas gauge, kept the original odometer in there. Still have the other one though for future reference(you never know). Still have the tach left from the extra cluster so if anyone breaks that needle let me know.

By the way, I superglued my needle back on as well filling up when the gas light came one and I got pretty good at judging the miles. :-)

------------------
Old 04-11-2001 | 03:00 AM
10th Gear

hahahha...i did it too..but tha dealer is askin 60 for a new temp gauge...is it hard to put in tha new gauge??i dont remember what it looked like when i put my reverse indiglos on..(yea..reverse indiglos...bad ass)..response on price will be helpful because im buying it tomorrow...is it too much?...

ps...hmm...time for new username for me?
Old 04-11-2001 | 03:03 AM
10th Gear

oh yea..one more thing..is any of yall's gauges off? because i noticed wen i was racing that the rev limiter has moved from 7000 to 7200....did anybody else use 96-97 gauges? and do i have to make a hole for the maintenance required slot?
Old 04-11-2001 | 10:14 AM
Instructor

I used gauges off a 97 accord. They fit perfectly and also have the same red line and everything. They even have the little maintance hole.

------------------
1997 Acura CL 3.0 Premium
Custom Mesh Grill, Tinted Tail Lights, Tinted Windows, Tinted License Plate cover, Hyper White Headlights, Hyper White Side Markers, Hyper White Blinkers, Hyper White Parking Lights, 3A Racing Fog Lights, Clear Bumper Lenses, Indiglo Acura Emblem, Indiglo Gauges, 2 15" neon tubes, Neon License Plate Frame in the trunk.
All very small mods. NO engine NO sound
Old 04-11-2001 | 01:47 PM
Pro

Same happened to me but i took it back to the acura dealer and said it had fallen off and the replaced it since it was under warranty. No questions asked!
Old 04-12-2001 | 02:20 AM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CL_TypeR:
hahahha...i did it too..but tha dealer is askin 60 for a new temp gauge...is it hard to put in tha new gauge??i dont remember what it looked like when i put my reverse indiglos on..(yea..reverse indiglos...bad ass)..response on price will be helpful because im buying it tomorrow...is it too much?...</font>
It's cake to change the gauge. Once you have the cluster out, in the back where the bulbs go in, look and you'll see 3 screws holding the temp gauge on, just unscrew and voila! Make sure you have the face off the front so you can just take it out once it's unscrewed. By the way, I want to see a pic of those reverse indiglos when you get a chance

------------------