Hello All again

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 05:29 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello All again

It's been a while since I posted something.
Couldn't remember my other user id password so I created another one...sorry.
My last user id was Wdrake_98.

First and for most, I don't know about many of you guys, but I felt very insecure about the fact that my car was not under warranty. And was espeically pissed that I put out 2g for the tranny to be fixed in Jan.

Low and behold I was able to find a warranty company, and now my baby is FULLY covered until 119 miles or 25 months! For only $1198, much less than an rebuilt-rebuilt tranny. whooo hooo! It's a company called Continental Warranty.

Also, just install my CAI! Really doing the happy dance now!
Other than that, all is nice and good in Acura world for me.

Well that's all folks.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:32 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
119 miles? you screwed up right?

Have you looked up them on the BBB< I Know a few people were having bad experiences w/ an aftermarket warranty company. Not to scare you.

Welcome back!
Old 10-04-2003, 04:29 AM
5th Gear

Yes I did look them up on the BBB. You can check them out also. They have not had any problems or complaints.
I did get an extended warranty, when I first purchased my car and they were great expect for the fact that I had to take my car back to the dealer I bought it from to get it fixed. As, I basically had GMC mechs trying to fix a ACURA, but I every problem I had them got fixed.

And yea, I was correct with 119 miles. I currently have 95,000 and I am insured for 25 months or 25,000 miles.
They also said I could re-insure up to 150K miles.
Cool!
Old 10-06-2003, 11:08 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally posted by wdrake98
Yes I did look them up on the BBB. You can check them out also. They have not had any problems or complaints.
I did get an extended warranty, when I first purchased my car and they were great expect for the fact that I had to take my car back to the dealer I bought it from to get it fixed. As, I basically had GMC mechs trying to fix a ACURA, but I every problem I had them got fixed.

And yea, I was correct with 119 miles. I currently have 95,000 and I am insured for 25 months or 25,000 miles.
They also said I could re-insure up to 150K miles.
Cool!
That is pretty good. I got one with a company call milleinum. Pain in the asses. They have the mechanic call and they have an adjustor handle the repairs. The sucky part is they have a price list and deductable. I have to pay the first $100 and the difference of the price my mechanic/mechanics give vs their pricing sheet. So far I didn't have anything major besides the AC compressor and the ABS sensors going bad on me. That cost like $1000 bucks, but I had to pay $250 because $100 deduct and they don't pay for diaganostic and coolant refill.
Old 10-06-2003, 04:03 PM
Burning Brakes

hi Drake..that must be u waving at me in the UHD parking lot. You kinda caught me off guard. I didnt expect someone to wave at me that i didnt know. I was kinda confused why u waved but later figured out it must be the car simularity after 15 mins. Just wanted to say "wussup". I also saw the AEM intake box in ur trunk so it must be someone on the forum.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:04 PM
5th Gear

Originally posted by ilike2cheez
hi Drake..that must be u waving at me in the UHD parking lot. You kinda caught me off guard. I didnt expect someone to wave at me that i didnt know. I was kinda confused why u waved but later figured out it must be the car simularity after 15 mins. Just wanted to say "wussup". I also saw the AEM intake box in ur trunk so it must be someone on the forum.
Yes that was ME!! How are you? I really like your CL. We are twins !

And yea, I was going to go to my bro's to get him to install it for me.

Did you go to the Houston meet? I really wanted to go, but had to work a double on sat.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:45 AM
Burning Brakes

i guess we are. U must get there early to get to get that parking space at school. Where to u work at? U must work in the bar/ resturant business since u had to work " a double".
Old 10-08-2003, 12:39 PM
5th Gear

Yo

No acutally I work as a police dispatcher at UH. What about you?
Old 10-08-2003, 02:54 PM
Burning Brakes

oh......so u dispatch UHD police or other units? Im a bartender at Slick Willies for right now. Supposed to be getting into management soon.