headlight bulb and installation help - DC/MD/VA

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 02:28 PM
pumpkin's une

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
headlight bulb and installation help - DC/MD/VA

my headlight is completely out. i took my car to the dealership about a month ago (for regular servicing) and those idiots told me nothing was wrong with my headlight/bulb; though i complained over, over again that there is something wrong, those nincompoop told me it was only reflective part of headlight that was getting bad and bulbs were in "GREAT condition." anyhow, my lights blew out yesterday and i need to replace it as soon as possible. i'm in the dc/va/md area and also need help putting it on. where could i get some bulbs from? what's the bright bulbs i could put in there that wouldn't require extract energy-source hook-up?
HELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2006, 02:37 PM
Pro

You can get bulbs just about anywhere (online, autozone, carquest, etc.) You need a 9006 bulb and any bulb sold at these places is a simple plug and play buld that won't require anything extra. Only time you would need extra parts (ballasts) is if you were doing an HID conversion. As for replacing them it is one of the easiest things to do. It tells you how to do it in the manual.
Basic steps:
1. Take wire connector off bulb
2. Turn bulb and pull out of housing
3. Put new bulb is housing and twist to lock
4. Reattach wire to bulb
Old 01-17-2006, 03:15 PM
pumpkin's une

thanks so much kwelling12. the bulb sold at the dealership is the same in autozone, right?

if i want to install HID, what would i need? is it complicated? by the way, i'm lazy but can build computers.

Originally Posted by kwelling12
You can get bulbs just about anywhere (online, autozone, carquest, etc.) You need a 9006 bulb and any bulb sold at these places is a simple plug and play buld that won't require anything extra. Only time you would need extra parts (ballasts) is if you were doing an HID conversion. As for replacing them it is one of the easiest things to do. It tells you how to do it in the manual.
Basic steps:
1. Take wire connector off bulb
2. Turn bulb and pull out of housing
3. Put new bulb is housing and twist to lock
4. Reattach wire to bulb
Old 01-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
I build and support computers for a living, and I have loved getting into modding cars. Installing a light bulb isn't as hard as it seems. It will take you a little while the first time, but it's nothing to fear. As far as HID's go, you can get a plug and play set that just clips in, inbetween your wiring harness and bulb and off u go.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:28 PM
pumpkin's une

97BlackAckCL, for the HID install, do the "plug and play set" includes a new energy source? where can i get it from? and how much is it? i heard that it sucks a lot of energy.

p.s.
ShitsBurgh (if you mean Pitts...) is heading to the big dance (i'm assuming denver will be easy)... congrat! that gameplan to take carson out really worked for you guys. it was smart move for coach bill. the bengals will back next year tho.

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
I build and support computers for a living, and I have loved getting into modding cars. Installing a light bulb isn't as hard as it seems. It will take you a little while the first time, but it's nothing to fear. As far as HID's go, you can get a plug and play set that just clips in, inbetween your wiring harness and bulb and off u go.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:16 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by fgzar
97BlackAckCL, for the HID install, do the "plug and play set" includes a new energy source? where can i get it from? and how much is it? i heard that it sucks a lot of energy.

p.s.
ShitsBurgh (if you mean Pitts...) is heading to the big dance (i'm assuming denver will be easy)... congrat! that gameplan to take carson out really worked for you guys. it was smart move for coach bill. the bengals will back next year tho.
LOL, The guy that "took out" palmer used to play for cinci and wouldn't do that as a deliberate move, even half the bengals said that, cuz they know him. As far as the HID's it just plugs right into the light bulb socket and has a ballast and ignitor that powers the bulbs, as far as i know they don't draw that much more power, the kit contains everything you need to plug and go
Old 01-17-2006, 04:22 PM
pumpkin's une

where can i get this kit from? autozone? online? where?

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
LOL, The guy that "took out" palmer used to play for cinci and wouldn't do that as a deliberate move, even half the bengals said that, cuz they know him. As far as the HID's it just plugs right into the light bulb socket and has a ballast and ignitor that powers the bulbs, as far as i know they don't draw that much more power, the kit contains everything you need to plug and go
Old 01-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Alex's CL

Not autozone, your local performance shop, online, ebay. Ebay actually has a great pair of oem custom fitted 9006 HID's. I think they were like 270$. Your looking some where around 250$-450$. Also depends on what color temperature you like. There are ones from extremely white to, bluish white, blue, or even purple pinkish, and yellow. Your choice. Just search around.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Land of Pleasant Living

Originally Posted by fgzar
p.s.

that's right baby. and they're gonna win it once they're there
Old 01-17-2006, 05:15 PM
pumpkin's une

thanks fellas!

Originally Posted by slamed_cl_on_18z
Not autozone, your local performance shop, online, ebay. Ebay actually has a great pair of oem custom fitted 9006 HID's. I think they were like 270$. Your looking some where around 250$-450$. Also depends on what color temperature you like. There are ones from extremely white to, bluish white, blue, or even purple pinkish, and yellow. Your choice. Just search around.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

EBAY all the way
Old 01-17-2006, 11:40 PM
Pro

lol @ nincompoop