has anyone tried.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 08:07 PM
Intermediate

Location: South Boston home of the 2003 National Hockey Champions Tier II Midget "A"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
has anyone tried.......

to put dual exhaust on their first gen CL?????????? im not gonna do it but i was just wonderin
Old 08-24-2003, 08:10 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, they're are several peeps on the board who have done so.

Try a "search" to find out who.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:31 AM
I hate cops

I did it, but converted back because I lost alot of power. Also I had to cut the spare tire well out!! Still need to get that fixed. There might be pics of it somewhere on here, not sure? Also teamblurrycl has duals, and one other guy has it too.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:48 PM
TEAM BLUR So. CAL

Originally posted by blo2ck
I did it, but converted back because I lost alot of power. Also I had to cut the spare tire well out!! Still need to get that fixed. There might be pics of it somewhere on here, not sure? Also teamblurrycl has duals, and one other guy has it too.
dang i didn't have to do any of that. i guess i went to a good muffler shop. they just took off the two jack points on the back and it fit great. i added a 26" resenator and i'm not losing much back pressure. check out my sig for pictures
Old 08-26-2003, 06:14 PM
I hate cops

blurry- damn! thats what i told the muffler shop to do. They said that there was no way besides cutting out the spare well. Grrrrrrr.. Now I have to get some sheet metal and have someone reweld it.
How did they do yours??? Where does yours split into a Y?
You got any pics of the piping underneath? (doubt it) but hey I just want to see what I should have done before i cut up my car.
Old 08-26-2003, 06:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
30CLstyle has duals too, and a guy around here has duals on his cl too, he doesnt go on this board though
Old 08-26-2003, 07:53 PM
TEAM BLUR So. CAL

Originally posted by blo2ck
blurry- damn! thats what i told the muffler shop to do. They said that there was no way besides cutting out the spare well. Grrrrrrr.. Now I have to get some sheet metal and have someone reweld it.
How did they do yours??? Where does yours split into a Y?
You got any pics of the piping underneath? (doubt it) but hey I just want to see what I should have done before i cut up my car.
okay look under your car. the spit happens on the right side where the exhaust was originally. then the other pipe goes behind the tire well and around the other side. then to the other muffler.