H22a Took Me 1 Whole Year

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 03:13 PM
Old Timer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by dcsquirm88
Ok something is not adding up here. It is impossible to run forged pistons on a h22 block without sleeving the block. H22 sleeves have an FRM (Fiber Reinforced Metal) coating which honda uses to make the sleeves thin but strong. The problem is the AL->AL contact of forged internals with the FRM liners is that they will score the cylinder real bad. Do to that liner you can only run cast pistons on stock sleeves. That being said if you did not sleeve your block you can't run forged internals. If you don't belive me call JE, Arias, Wiseco and they tell you the same thing. Ask f0de or even niedejb they also tell you whats up. I'm not doubting you or your swap or anything like but I know h22's and I know you can't run forged pistons on stock sleeves. Maybe you do have forged pistons and your scoring away at your cylinder walls really bad. But if you look at any other prelude forum online you also see the same thing I just wrote.
you know what..i have herd all of that too...but then i called JE they told me that i can use forged pistons on the closed deck h22 block not the 97+ block....the peeps at race enginering told me that i could as well here is there number give them a call 561-533-5500
a local shop here in Tampa also told me that (spec R tuning) 813-956-3466 ask John he will tell you the same too...
it took me a while to actually do that because i was hearing so many different things about it...eventually i decided to just do it...after hearing the peeps at JE say that i can use the forged pistons i went ahead and did it...
maybe you are rite about me destroying my cylinder walls ..then again maybe not....i guess i will eventually find out....i have been driving my car with the forged pistons since august 17 2002....
as for you and anyone else who wants to doubt me go ahead...i am not begging anyone to believe me...

when i first joined this forum and said that i did the swap..no-one believed me....and i provided pics to show the disbelievers proof...
if you want proof call my mechanic at Racing integration and ask him (collin) he is the one that put them in..813-930-0904
Would that be proof enough for you SIR?
i dont doubt your knowledge...just dont doubt me or what i have done
Old 10-24-2002, 04:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by d98clturbo
you know what..i have herd all of that too...but then i called JE they told me that i can use forged pistons on the closed deck h22 block not the 97+ block....the peeps at race enginering told me that i could as well here is there number give them a call 561-533-5500
a local shop here in Tampa also told me that (spec R tuning) 813-956-3466 ask John he will tell you the same too...
it took me a while to actually do that because i was hearing so many different things about it...eventually i decided to just do it...after hearing the peeps at JE say that i can use the forged pistons i went ahead and did it...
maybe you are rite about me destroying my cylinder walls ..then again maybe not....i guess i will eventually find out....i have been driving my car with the forged pistons since august 17 2002....
as for you and anyone else who wants to doubt me go ahead...i am not begging anyone to believe me...

when i first joined this forum and said that i did the swap..no-one believed me....and i provided pics to show the disbelievers proof...
if you want proof call my mechanic at Racing integration and ask him (collin) he is the one that put them in..813-930-0904
Would that be proof enough for you SIR?
i dont doubt your knowledge...just dont doubt me or what i have done
Hungy I was talking to d98.

d98, first of I clearly stated that I was not doubting you or your car , I was only stating what I know. Second me and my mechanic have called JE before and they've told us that forged pistons will not work in a h22 block. If they told you different then who knows whats up with them. Second you realize if this setup is working for you then you are the exception to the rule. Lots of people have tried and all have ended up blowing the block apart. If you don't belive me read it for yourself:
http://preludeonline.com/showthread....&highlight=frm
Don't belive that call my mechanic (Eba) (305)235-8072.
If your car is running fine then great but your playing with fire and you should look into getting the block sleeved, even if the pistons don't do anything to your stock walls with the aftermarket sleeves you'll be able to boost much higher safely.
And again I don't doubt that you have done the swap or have forged pistons, I'm just stating that those forged pistons are most likely going to destroy your block.
Old 10-24-2002, 05:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Oh and hungy sorry for whoring your thread. Back to your h22 are you using a obd2 to obd1 harness for your p13? If so that might help with your wiring. Some guy makes them on the honda-tech.com board for pretty cheap you might want to look into that.
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=279017
Old 10-24-2002, 05:28 PM
Instructor

dont worry about the thread.... we should make a section under 1st gen for us hybriders... we are only a dime a dozen. I was running the obd 2-1 harness... i think i was having wirring problems bc my car was orginally wired for auto. My mechanic will figure it out.... cant wait till sunday when he has time.