Few Queations......

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 12:16 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Few Queations......

I've had my cl about 6 months now and i was recently in a wreck, where i was sandwhiched while slamming on my brakes. Luckly my front and rear bumper came out pretty much unscaved with only a couple minor scratches. Unfourtunatly i cant say the same about my hood, which im going to have to replace. Now ive been thinking about replacing the hood prior to the wreck...but i cant really find any i like. I looking for something simular to the new mustang hoods, with the scoop in the middle. I was just wondering if anybody has seen or has a hood like this on a cl, im fairly new to all this so i really dont know where to look.

Also, Im just starting to fix up my cl's exterior and wasnt really sure what i wanted to do to it until i saw an ad in scc(i beleive it was an ad for rims). i dont have the mag on me but it was a red accord on 18's i suppose and lowered. Since i know virtually nothing about fixing up cars i was wondering if ya'll could tell me what i'd need to do this and about how much the cost would be....thx
Old 05-28-2002, 12:22 AM
Bent = #1

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Re: Few Queations......

Originally posted by baaazz
I've had my cl about 6 months now and i was recently in a wreck, where i was sandwhiched while slamming on my brakes. Luckly my front and rear bumper came out pretty much unscaved with only a couple minor scratches. Unfourtunatly i cant say the same about my hood, which im going to have to replace. Now ive been thinking about replacing the hood prior to the wreck...but i cant really find any i like. I looking for something simular to the new mustang hoods, with the scoop in the middle. I was just wondering if anybody has seen or has a hood like this on a cl, im fairly new to all this so i really dont know where to look.

Also, Im just starting to fix up my cl's exterior and wasnt really sure what i wanted to do to it until i saw an ad in scc(i beleive it was an ad for rims). i dont have the mag on me but it was a red accord on 18's i suppose and lowered. Since i know virtually nothing about fixing up cars i was wondering if ya'll could tell me what i'd need to do this and about how much the cost would be....thx

Aight i'll try to help you my best...As for aftermarket parts for the CL...there are really not to many made for our car...so unless you get a custom job done to a hood...you'll have to get the stock one...also to lower your car most people have the Eibach Pro-kit with KYB AGX shocks...they really like this combo...the pro kit drops you 1.2 inches ( i believe) which is about enough to get rid of the gap between the wheel and the car after settling...if you want to go lower you can get the Eibach sportline kit which drops you 2 inches...but if you do this you will have to get a camber kit cuz lowering the car below 2 inches will cause the tires to change degrees and then in turn cause your tires to wear faster...as for the prices for this stuff....rims + pro kit + shocks = $1300...I would say that plus give or take a 100 or so...i know the info is correct just don't know about the prices...

CL'S