fender flares.. or..?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 09:12 PM
nippon_wa 2.0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fender flares.. or..?

I got hooked up w/ my bodyshop.. and they will do custom fender flare job on mine.. ($500~700) and this included.. side molding, trunk molding, repaint my bodykits, fix some dings, fender flares four side, etc..

and.. what i'm asking u guys is that..

is it better to do it on my bodykits? or is it better to do it on full molded lips??

i was gonna do it on my bodykits, but i got offers from some guy who wants my bodykits.. and if he can buy 'em for sure, i'm going w/ custom lips and flares.. or custom lips w/ new paint job(but i doubt i can do it since i have to pay more $$$)

hmmm.. which should i go w/..??

if i go w/ lips, i'm thinking of putting 2nd gen CLs or TLs..
Old 12-11-2004, 12:56 AM
'07 November = STI

if your shop can mold CL-S lip onto your stock bumper.. i think u should go for it.. same with rear lip and skirts..

500-700 bucks for all that sounds cheap to me.. unless its not including tax and extra labor, etc, etc..
Old 12-11-2004, 09:25 AM
xxx
Racer

It will look good if you get some wheel spacers to bring your wheels out to your fender flares. I dont like fender flares when wheels are tucked in too deep but thats my opinion.

How much will it cost for them to shave the "A" off the trunk lid?
Old 12-11-2004, 03:06 PM
nippon_wa 2.0

Originally Posted by xxx
It will look good if you get some wheel spacers to bring your wheels out to your fender flares. I dont like fender flares when wheels are tucked in too deep but thats my opinion.

How much will it cost for them to shave the "A" off the trunk lid?
yep.. i'm thinking of putting wheel spacers too.. but when i searched some threads, ppl don't recommend 'em.. so... wondering what i should do.. and.. yeha i don't like the way the wheels are tucked in too deep..

btw.. i dont' know how much they will charge it.. cuz they will do all stuff for me for only that price.. i can ask them if u want..
Old 12-11-2004, 07:10 PM
AWD Torque Monster

Originally Posted by nippon_wa
yep.. i'm thinking of putting wheel spacers too.. but when i searched some threads, ppl don't recommend 'em.. so... wondering what i should do..
nippon you could prob run a lower offset wheel to make up the gap, but then yud prob need some stronger and longer wheel studs. then comes the issue of if moving the weight further from the axle will stress things too much. i really want to make my legacy wider with flares from japan but then im worried about the same things. i just dont know if its a daily driver mod.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:17 AM
nippon_wa 2.0

Originally Posted by VXCL
nippon you could prob run a lower offset wheel to make up the gap, but then yud prob need some stronger and longer wheel studs. then comes the issue of if moving the weight further from the axle will stress things too much. i really want to make my legacy wider with flares from japan but then im worried about the same things. i just dont know if its a daily driver mod.
yep.. i think so.. I want my car look little wide.. so that's why i was thinking of putting flares.. but if i do, i think i have to get wheel spacers to make the rims pull out.. oh well.. changing offset means... change my rims?? -_-;; i just got 'em man.. well.. gotta order wheel spacers after they do custom flare job on mine..
Old 12-13-2004, 02:05 PM
xxx
Racer

Originally Posted by nippon_wa
yep.. i think so.. I want my car look little wide.. so that's why i was thinking of putting flares.. but if i do, i think i have to get wheel spacers to make the rims pull out.. oh well.. changing offset means... change my rims?? -_-;; i just got 'em man.. well.. gotta order wheel spacers after they do custom flare job on mine..
I've heard the stories about wheel spacers dont get the cheap generic ones. Make sure you get the hubcentric spacers from either Eibach or H and R and they come with the neccessary wheel studs. $120.00 for two are the most you'll pay for the H and R's.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:31 PM
a jawful a somethin awful

Originally Posted by xxx
I've heard the stories about wheel spacers dont get the cheap generic ones. Make sure you get the hubcentric spacers from either Eibach or H and R and they come with the neccessary wheel studs. $120.00 for two are the most you'll pay for the H and R's.
those other insert spacers move around, and I've heard of wheels falling off.