Factory Alarm goes off on its own!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 02:26 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Factory Alarm goes off on its own!!

Twice in the past month (that I know of) my car alarm has been going off randomly. I'm not really interested in figuring out why - anyone know how I can simply disable the alarm? I'm thinking of just disconnecting the siren - if the car knows it isn't connected, I'll short out the harness for it.

Any ideas?
Old 09-11-2007, 02:59 AM
Instructor

Nice, I found this guide:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=remove+bumper

Unfortunately, the Service Manual says bumper removal is step #1 to disconnecting the siren

This post:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=35

Seems to imply there are no problems just disconnecting the siren. From them on the alarm would be 'visual' only.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:32 AM
Mmmm...

I think the problem is that you have bad actuators. The way you fix this for short term is just lock the doors manually, from the inside.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:06 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah mine has been doing it too, I figure it might be the actuators messing up since they have been and an "unauthorized" unlock would trigger the system......... or it coulld be my remote starter getting set off in my pocket and having the ignition sensor tripped
Old 09-11-2007, 08:07 PM
CLeanest in its CLass

Originally Posted by exxxciteCL
Nice, I found this guide:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=remove+bumper

Unfortunately, the Service Manual says bumper removal is step #1 to disconnecting the siren

This post:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=35

Seems to imply there are no problems just disconnecting the siren. From them on the alarm would be 'visual' only.

no no no you dont need to remove the bumper!! if you dont wanna fix it the right way you can get to the siren by getting up underneath the car, the siren is on the lower right side of the firewall. you should be able to get at the wires there, though id def. put some tape or something so they dont short out the rest of the system. Or you can disconnect the alarm from underneath the pass seat where the control unit is (it should be the brown wire) good luck
Old 09-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CLean 3.0
no no no you dont need to remove the bumper!! if you dont wanna fix it the right way you can get to the siren by getting up underneath the car, the siren is on the lower right side of the firewall. you should be able to get at the wires there, though id def. put some tape or something so they dont short out the rest of the system. Or you can disconnect the alarm from underneath the pass seat where the control unit is (it should be the brown wire) good luck
Yeah, Luckily I flipped through my 3.0 suppliment to the 2.3 manual and saw that the siren is NOT in the bumper before I tried anything

I did try the continuity test on the hood sensor since that was mentioned as being problematic in a couple other posts - it seems to be ALWAYS open - I could never get continuitity. Luckily open means hood closed, so disconnecting the switch won't trip the alarm.