dry canyon video IT WORKS

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005 | 04:14 AM
2600lb CL

I finally got to see that video. What road was that? I couldnt figure it out. Oh yea, and dont be afraid to let it stay in the high revs for a long period of time. I usually sat around 6k for a good amount of the time, makes it easier to brake or accel from. If you go to GMR, it'll be easier to learn to set lines since you can use both lanes there, but learn the rules first when you get up on top. There's usually someone up there that has been there for awhile and an teach you a few rules. Altough my friends and I just observed the pass for 2 months before ever thinking of running. It's a lot more technical than any other pass you'll be on. (based on the different mountain passes we've driven on).

The Skip Barber School book (I think that's the name) is a great book to read to learn the effects on tires when it comes to putting loads on them and what not. It talks about what threshold braking is, what to do if ever put in a situation where your under steering in both a FWD and a RWD car, talks about setting lines and hitting apexes. It gets mathematical and shit, which is cool cause it maks it easy to understand.

Damn I miss SoCal.
Old 10-17-2005 | 12:42 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by shnee420
can anyone explain to me why the video is being defended by this jordus fellow, not the thread starter?
someone's got a girlfriend!!

I wasnt defending a damn thing.

Only pointing out that "double-clutching" has absolutely nothing to do with performance driving.

I'd be willing to bet almost noone on here knows what double clutching is even for.

HEEL-TOE and REV-MATCHING have their place in performance driving.

Double-clutching is a term held over from F&F that people sitll spout out, when it has nothing to do with newer cars at all.