do you like to go fast?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 07:44 PM
$,Cars,Girls N That Order

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't believe that I saw this thread so late. I have a 3.0 and for some reason even though gas is going up, I always find myself driving very fast. Mainly because of the MKAD videos on youtube. I know it's dangerous to drive fast and slip through little spaces but, I just can't stop..

Has anyone else ever watched the MKAD videos on youtube.. They're pretty old but pretty interesting..
Old 07-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by AcAttAcK98
I can't believe that I saw this thread so late. I have a 3.0 and for some reason even though gas is going up, I always find myself driving very fast. Mainly because of the MKAD videos on youtube. I know it's dangerous to drive fast and slip through little spaces but, I just can't stop..

Has anyone else ever watched the MKAD videos on youtube.. They're pretty old but pretty interesting..
MKAD videos? Driving fast through little spaces? Post a link please, i wanna know what you're talkin about
Old 07-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

You're the type of driver I'd like to run off the road
Old 07-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
MKAD videos? Driving fast through little spaces? Post a link please, i wanna know what you're talkin about
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MKAD
basically a circular highway that sorrounds my home city of Moscow, Russia.

the videos he's reffering to are of a guy in some turbo car driving the whole ring in less than 30 mins or something.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CBqR1xP5s2g
Old 07-18-2008, 12:59 AM
me likes whats i's sees

there is not enough traffic try this link!!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=o7_ofQ3Dw24&feature=related
Old 07-18-2008, 02:08 AM
Skuuuurrrrrt!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
or this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8GRi4Ne8Bk&NR=1
Old 07-18-2008, 03:07 AM
Senior Moderator

wow thats super dangerous. why would u want to expose yourself to such dangers? the adrenaline rush?
Old 07-18-2008, 07:10 AM
W WHIP.

Originally Posted by CLeanLooking
Thats sick. Thats the stupid kinda shit i live [and can die] for. They had some nice ass cuts. Of course they were on the largest highway ever. The most ive ever seen is 4 lanes on one side, 5 if we get an extended on-ramp..haha. I like the cut the M5 made at the end while the other guy was no where to be seen. hah.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,478 Likes on 3,071 Posts
ghost ride ftw
Old 07-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Racer

That's nothing. Happens all the time in South Florida Thurs-Sat night thru Sunday morning between 11pm and 4am. If you think that's crazy try catching a race between a BMW M3, an Aston Martin Vanquish, and a Mercedes 6.0-liter V12 SL65 AMG. There's always some cheap ass loser in an Eclipse or a Civic hopelessly trying to keep up. I've had guys in Porsche Carreras and M3s fuck with me on a regular basis if I'm ever on the road that late at night.

The only thing that's sicker than that are the superbike gangs that will pass by you in groups of 10 and they're all going between 130-150mph in traffic at night. Some kid on a superbike painted the highway with his body just last night. His bike slid 700 feet before it came to a stop. He wasn't wearing his helmet. The helmet was safely fastened to the back of his superbike.

Don't think it's a free for all down there, though. FHP uses completely unmarked modded Dodge Chargers that can walk down anything and I've seen it. They use ***SMART LAZER*** mode for radar and they have radar in the back and front of their cruisers. Luckily I have a damn good radar detector that picks up every band of laser these guys use. I calculate I've saved at least $1500 in tickets since buying it.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:43 AM

wow thats super dangerous. why would u want to expose yourself to such dangers? the adrenaline rush?
It's def. The adrenaline rush!!.. It could also be because the Older guys in my family.. Ever since I could remember they all have driven their cars like these videos.. They just don't know the effect it has taken on me..

I've cooled down with it .. Mainly because I love my car and I don't want to get in an accident. Gas Prices.. and, I'm in the South Going to school and out here it's pretty open ... I am not as crazy as some of the guys in the videos but, I am some what close.. This is nothing to BRAG about, and Bragging is not my M.O. at all.. I don't encourage anyone to do this.. it's very dangerous! But, it's just one of my styles of driving.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Racer

Wow this thread is reminding of the crazy dream i had last night when i was going 400+mph. that dream was crazy and i think about it if i hit anything in my dream i would have been a flat piece of meat even if i had my seat belt on.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Senior Moderator

It's def. The adrenaline rush!!.. It could also be because the Older guys in my family.. Ever since I could remember they all have driven their cars like these videos.. They just don't know the effect it has taken on me..

I've cooled down with it .. Mainly because I love my car and I don't want to get in an accident. Gas Prices.. and, I'm in the South Going to school and out here it's pretty open ... I am not as crazy as some of the guys in the videos but, I am some what close.. This is nothing to BRAG about, and Bragging is not my M.O. at all.. I don't encourage anyone to do this.. it's very dangerous! But, it's just one of my styles of driving.
LOL i know exactly how u feel. Everyone in my family that i watched drive when i was younger drove like those people in the videos when they wanted to push it, which includes my dad and my 2 older sisters. So naturally thats had an effect on me. I'm guilty of occasionally driving like that too. But my latest thrill now is taking on cars that i'd have no chance against before my motor swap. if u look on streetfire.net and look at the videos made by "phoenixevo", thats more of what i do now with empty highway roll races to see who's truly faster. Gonna take it to the track now though, especially since Englishtown now has a road course. Dont wanna get ticketed or crash on a public roadway. Never know when someone is gonna pop out in front of u and ruin your day/car/life.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:18 AM
me likes whats i's sees

Originally Posted by wonton
Wow this thread is reminding of the crazy dream i had last night when i was going 400+mph. that dream was crazy and i think about it if i hit anything in my dream i would have been a flat piece of meat even if i had my seat belt on.
at those speeds the seat belt will cut your body in half and you'll be againt the airbag when it detonates, which will smash your face in to the point where your own mom couldn't tell it was you!! but on the other note it might be fun to go 400+mph
Old 07-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,478 Likes on 3,071 Posts
Wow this thread was almost cool, but 400 MPH? C'mon now...
Old 07-18-2008, 12:40 PM
me likes whats i's sees

well its his dream so screw you...lol no one tells you how to dream your dreams!! jk blackack we love you!!
Old 07-21-2008, 08:31 PM

This is the video that made me fall in love with the MKAD videos!
Old 07-21-2008, 08:45 PM

LOL i know exactly how u feel. Everyone in my family that i watched drive when i was younger drove like those people in the videos when they wanted to push it, which includes my dad and my 2 older sisters. So naturally thats had an effect on me. I'm guilty of occasionally driving like that too. But my latest thrill now is taking on cars that i'd have no chance against before my motor swap. if u look on streetfire.net and look at the videos made by "phoenixevo", thats more of what i do now with empty highway roll races to see who's truly faster. Gonna take it to the track now though, especially since Englishtown now has a road course. Dont wanna get ticketed or crash on a public roadway. Never know when someone is gonna pop out in front of u and ruin your day/car/life.

That's a pretty cool website bro.. Just showed me something there!!.. I like that style of driving too.. See, You have a swap now.. Me.. I'm just whipping a broke dick tranny 3.0 (that does shit on a lot of cars).. In your CL you probably put your car to the test with BMW's and Audi's.. I do too but, in traffic.. just to see who has more balls.. lol.. I know I'm gonna loose to a BMW heads up.. NO QUESTIONS ASKED!.. but in moderate traffic.. It's anyones ball game.. I guess we both have our own test.. You test your car more than your driving skills (no offense intended) I test my driving skills more than my car..

You are right though.. I have realized that my life/car/day (in that order) are more important that a simple adrenaline rush.. Closed course racing is the BEST way to go.. but, damn.. I need a fast car for that!