Did I get a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did I get a good deal?

I recently bought my 1999 Acura 2.3 CL w/ 58k. it was listed at $10,000, I talked them down to $8,000...of course after interets and teh extended warranty, I end up paying what they want anyhow...I do have a pic and some suggestions of what i should do next to the car would eb awesome!! I love it already! I don't want to do anything that would void the warranty, so most engine mods are out of the question as of now. My only problem is that i think my syncros may be going (Tough into and out of 1st gear...or it "pops" into gear) and my engine makes a faint "knocking" noise in the engine when switchin from 1st to second. Here's a pic that was taken on my cell phone, so it's not great but you cn get an idea. I'm glad my first car purchase on my own was this one. Hope to see you all around, Peace.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
Good pick up... I hope to god that your tranny is not on its way out. Honda's are known for their glass trannies.

Check out the noob guide... That will give you a good idea of whats what. As far as mods. Most basic bolt on mods will not void your warranty. The only way you will void your warranty is if the dealership can prove that your mod affect what is wrong with the car.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
Yup, sounds like a good deal, I got mine in 03 for 10,500 with a warranty with 50K on her
Old 02-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by SwervinCL
Good pick up... I hope to god that your tranny is not on its way out. Honda's are known for their glass trannies.

Check out the noob guide... That will give you a good idea of whats what. As far as mods. Most basic bolt on mods will not void your warranty. The only way you will void your warranty is if the dealership can prove that your mod affect what is wrong with the car.

well if something is wrong with my tranny, I'm glad i got the warranty for it...I'll have to bring it in to the dealer, i was going to do so anyhow and haev teh recalled ignition switch checked out. Better sooner than later I assume.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i hoping you got honda confused with a different car manufacturer.

the problem is something with your gear snychro's is a little off. i have the same problem (if u wanna even call it a problem) ive had it since i bought the car at 103K and continue to have it at 126K. but everything is fine

do you have to ease off the clutch a little bit and then it slides into place, or no?

and the knocking noise could most likely be your front motor mount. does it do it on hard shifts from 1st into 2nd, like when your pulling out onto a highway??
Old 02-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Originally Posted by 972xghost

the problem is something with your gear snychro's is a little off. i have the same problem (if u wanna even call it a problem) ive had it since i bought the car at 103K and continue to have it at 126K. but everything is fine

do you have to ease off the clutch a little bit and then it slides into place, or no?

and the knocking noise could most likely be your front motor mount. does it do it on hard shifts from 1st into 2nd, like when your pulling out onto a highway??

Exactly how many people have replaced their trannies?
Old 02-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Racer

Yea I can feel it pull into place when i'm letting off the clutch...I was just reading into double-clutching, man i've got a lot of sh1t to get a hold of...
Old 02-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Exactly how many people have replaced their trannies?
just the guys with 3.0's. i rarely hear from anyone with honda manuals or autos to have any problems whatsoever.

honda/acura just had a little trouble with the 3.0/.2 autos. the old acura v6 trannies were bulletproof. and the only way you can fuck up a 4cyl auto is if your a complete idiot, or bad luck.

when i think of manufactures that have trouble with auto trans it Ford,GM,MOPAR,BMW,VW,etc,etc

not honda.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by gotguinness?
Yea I can feel it pull into place when i'm letting off the clutch...I was just reading into double-clutching, man i've got a lot of sh1t to get a hold of...
your just gonna have to get used to that.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

just the guys with 3.0's. i rarely hear from anyone with honda manuals or autos to have any problems whatsoever.

honda/acura just had a little trouble with the 3.0/.2 autos. the old acura v6 trannies were bulletproof. and the only way you can fuck up a 4cyl auto is if your a complete idiot, or bad luck.

when i think of manufactures that have trouble with auto trans it Ford,GM,MOPAR,BMW,VW,etc,etc

not honda.
I agree with you, I was unaware that he had the 5 spd.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Racer

your just gonna have to get used to that.

Dont think my warranty would be able to fix that? If it were my syncros...